• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Freelance [COMMISSION] Coding/Scripting for Pokemon Essentials

This person is offering their services to others.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Overview:
Hello everybody! I'm officially opening commissions for scripting/coding in Pokemon Essentials. If you're looking for someone to help you with your game, I'm here to offer my services. I've been working with Pokemon Essentials for several years and have a lot of experience coding and customizing the engine for different concepts and ideas. I am a detail oriented person and I take pride in the quality of my work. I would describe myself as a strong communicator committed to working closely with clients to ensure their vision is fully realized in the end product. If you're interested in my work and want to bring your vision to life, feel free to send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you and collaborating with you on your game.

About Me:
  • Worked with Essentials for about 3 years.
  • Passionate about programming, especially game development.
  • Pursuing a degree in Computer Science.
  • Proficient in many programming languages, including Ruby.
  • Experience with graphic, sound and UI design.
  • Pokémon super-fan with a great interest in competitive battling.

What I offer:
  • Implementing new mechanics/scripts in Essentials.
  • Updating old scripts/projects to the latest version of Essentials.
  • Implementing/modifying UI based on mockups.
  • Creating custom complex events.
  • Troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
  • And more!

Projects I've worked on:

Some examples of my Work:

Information:
  • Method of Contact: Discord (ID: golisopod_user)
  • Timezone: India (GMT+5:30)
  • Additional Info:
    • I go by the pronouns he/him, but feel free to refer to me any way you'd please :)
    • I would prefer discussing any details regarding pricing on Discord, to avoid any breach of rules regarding monetary transactions on this site.
    • English isn't my first language, so please excuse me if I say something that doesn't sound right.
    • I have a tendency to ask way too many questions. This is just mainly for clarity sake, to avoid any confusion on either end regarding the commission. I hope that isn't a problem.
    • I may reply to your message a bit late. I check my Discord only a few times a day, and my there is a difference of more than 10 hours in my timezone and that of the USA (both EST and PST). I'd like to apologize for that in advance.

Last edited:

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
So, I asked for a script that give Pokemon Random Abilities (like those from Randomizers you see of Black and White)
[This will be made public when I update Pokemon Dungeon Exploration after the Jam results]

Upon receiving it, there were a few hiccups here and there, but eventually within 1 day all of the issues were patched out and it works exactly how I wanted it to! Despite the additional info saying that his first language isn't English, I was able to understand him perfectly so you don't need to worry about that!

If you need someone to code for something you don't know, then I'd recommend him. And make sure to have a paypal account, those are pretty important.

TL:DR 10/10

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
He has already been enormously helpful with making some of the features that I'm planning for my game. I absolutely recommend asking him for his assistance with coding for a project! Thanks for being a great help!

falcary

the myth girl
Works exactly how I imagined, the delivery rate was extremely fast and Goli was very open to changes along the way aswell as making sure I was satisfied with it as they worked! I would highly recommend Goli for anyone who needs some scripts done, whether they're simple or complex! 10/10

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I had been wanting a system to replace breeding in my game for a while, and while I was given a system that worked for the most part, the developer got hit by real life and the critical bugs that we found went unfixed. I've known from previous experience that Goli is a phenomenal coder, so I knew that if anybody could fix up the script, it was him. After talking with Goli, he outlined his commission process and payment plan to me. He managed to have the finished product before I could even blink, and with all the features I requested and the entire backend overhauled. I am extraordinarily satisfied with how my commission came out, and if there's anybody who's looking for a script commission, I absolutely recommend Goli to you all. If you have a vision in mind, and know how to explain it, your money will be well spent by commissioning Goli to make it.

10/10, easily.

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I had requested a rework of the Cable Club UI to add some polish and custom rulesets to be implemented of Golisopod and you can say he made a very good "First Impression"!
... I'll see myself out now.

I'd like to say I'm still learning Ruby and Pokemon Essentials for my game as a hobby of sorts, but really wanted a solid core foundation for things like Multiplayer and other important UX features that I just can't yet efficiently learn for the sake of getting it done well, so I saw this post and reached out.

Positive impressions:
  • Friendly, Professional, and very knowledgable
  • Fast, Efficient, and Happy to follow up and resolve issues after completion as they arise
  • Quality of work is stellar and code is clean and readable even for a novice
  • Much better at English than he lets on
  • Fair quoted pricing and flexibility for time-scale

Strong Points to consider when commissioning work:

• KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. I can't stress this enough, but as with any professional commission, you get what you ask for. Provide mockups, detailed explanations with straightforward descriptions and breakdowns of exactly how you want your thing to work, and I can be confident that Golisopod can make it happen with reasonable means.
  • Be reasonable with your input:output ratio; meaning if you ask for more complicated systems or underlying mechanisms, please expect to pay accordingly and fairly.
  • Be kind and understanding, as well as honest with your capabilities so you can effectively communicate your concept with Golisopod. He's damn smart, but not a Psychic-Type.

Some screenshots from my commission's results:
1684132884354.png
1684132806733.png
1684132855035.png

1684132784285.png

Atomic Reactor

Retired.
Golisopod came through with a great quality commission fulfillment. He communicates consistently and frequently with the client. He was able to perfectly execute what I needed. It helps to provide mock-up graphics so he can see what the client is visualizing, and with that seems to be able to do just about anything. The pricing was fair, he was very punctual and stuck to his word on completion estimates. When bugs/inconsistencies were found, Golisopod was quick to have them resolved. He was also very kind and patient with discussions about the project.

Could not recommend Golisopod User enough!

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Very well done and professional to work with! Love the efficiency of the work done! Was so quickly finished even without a time limit! Most likely my new go to coder for features and things to get done! Simple and fair prices! Much love! Golisopod User! 😁

ZeT0ken

Token Dude
I don't want to sound like everyone elses comment and review on Goli, but MAN! I can say this guy is amazing and works great! I was nervous at first because how great his works are with everyone else and his solo works as a nobody thinknig he has more important things to do than work on something for me. The communication and pricing was very fair and great. I will for sure be working with him in the future, maybe sooner than I hope. He is worth every minute and penny. 😍

lucario-pokemon-lucario.gif

Insantale

Rookie
I highly recommend working with this man. He works fast and is very professional. If you have any problems, you will get a lot of help here. (even if you have no idea about coding like me). The prices are very fair and justified.

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
Since we started our project, we have been looking for a way to implement a custom and unique pause menu. When we saw what Golisopod has done in the past and what they can do, we knew they were just what we have been looking for. Golisopod brought our vision to life and then some with excellent communication, reasonable pricing, and a great turnaround time that added the cherry on top of our experience. We are proud to have worked with Golisopod and will definitely be going back to them time and time again for the duration of our project.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Could not recommend enough

ClawsHDi

Spriter of all kinds
Hey I am ClawsHDi I am currently working on Pokemon Blackout and tbh we hella desperate for anyone we can get so if you join to help with all the mechanics of the game that would be fabulous! DM if Interested

robi chan

Rookie
Super cool commissioning experience ! I underline that he is a strong communicator & I am very happy that I chose him for my coding. I am grateful for his work and I will definitely choose him again if I need help with scripting. 10/10

Chase

Spriter/Writer -- Eevee Expo Host
Expo Team
Hey y'all! Had an extremely good commissioning experience with Goli, he did some incredible work and is incredible in depth with tutorials for what you have done and I'm so so happy with the results!

100000/10 would (and prob will) comm again

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
The legend does it again! Recent commissioned two plugins I thought impossible for the engine, but Golisopod User proved me wrong! Criminally underprice for the work he does for one of the best coders here on relic castle. Great communicator and always there to fix something if an issue arise. Always productive in getting work done on a timely matter even without deadlines. I rarely buy anything not that isn't a need, but with Golisopod User I can stop spending the money on his professional work.

luxdiablo

Berserk Inferno
Goli's been a long-time friend and mentor of mine, so it's not surprise to me that his commission work has absolutely come through shining. I recently commissioned him for a battle UI overhaul and I genuinely was blown away by the result. The way he's able to do the impossible in Pokemon Essentials should be studied, and if you ever need anything commissioned, he is absolutely the #1 go-to.

1000000000000/10 comm this man

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
I have commissioned him with a level cap plugin for v21.1 our plugin runs perfectly and we have directly bought the next script from him, he asks for every wish and is also willing to implement them 5/5 stars and gladly again in the future

Back