• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator

Resource Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator v1.0.5

JudexCypress

Rookie
I just updated my project to v21 and then saw this. The script itself doesn’t seem too different in that version compared to v20.1. Do you think this would be compatible?

DemICE

QoL junkie
I just updated my project to v21 and then saw this. The script itself doesn’t seem too different in that version compared to v20.1. Do you think this would be compatible?
havent checked v21 myself yet but hey you can always just test it out and remove it if it doesn't work i guess?

JudexCypress

Rookie
havent checked v21 myself yet but hey you can always just test it out and remove it if it doesn't work i guess?
I'll let you know how it goes!

EDIT: It worked fine until I properly compiled the game, but ultimately caused crashes. Such a shame! This plugin is so impressive. I'll keep an eye out for a v21 update if that's not too much to hope for!! Thanks for all you do.

Last edited:

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
There appears to be a typo in Summary.rb:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if SHOW_IV_RATINGS
  pbDisplayIVRatings(@pokemon, overlay, 110, 82)
end
Unless there's something I'm missing, I think this should just be pbDisplayIVRating with no "s".

grogro

Cooltrainer
To make the plugin work with v21, replace what is inside the compiler.rb section (exept the modules calls at the beginning) by the
def validate_compiled_trainer(hash) script that is in the v21 essentials.
In this script remove the Pokemon::EV_LIMIT and Pokemon::EV_STAT_LIMIT or replace them by their correct number (I don't know where but the plugin set them to 0 where it should be 252 and 512).

The plugin looks perfectly functional

Last edited:

DemICE

QoL junkie
There appears to be a typo in Summary.rb:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if SHOW_IV_RATINGS
  pbDisplayIVRatings(@pokemon, overlay, 110, 82)
end
Unless there's something I'm missing, I think this should just be pbDisplayIVRating with no "s".
Did an issue come up related to this?
Because this is an existing script belonging to the Enhanced UI plugin. it is only called if the SHOW_IV_RATINGS setting is enabled which is also an Enhanced UI setting, so it shouldn't cause an issue to anyone who doesn't have that plugin.
1692138686510.png

DemICE

QoL junkie
To make the plugin work with v21, replace what is inside the compiler.rb section (exept the modules calls at the beginning) by the
def validate_compiled_trainer(hash) script that is in the v21 essentials.
In this script remove the Pokemon::EV_LIMIT and Pokemon::EV_STAT_LIMIT or replace them by their correct number (I don't know where but the plugin set them to 0 where it should be 252 and 512).

The plugin looks perfectly functional
yo thank you for this, it saves some effort for when i go back to updating these after my vacation and other RL stuff

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
Did an issue come up related to this?
Because this is an existing script belonging to the Enhanced UI plugin. it is only called if the SHOW_IV_RATINGS setting is enabled which is also an Enhanced UI setting, so it shouldn't cause an issue to anyone who doesn't have that plugin.
Yeah, I was helping someone who was running into it. SHOW_IV_RATINGS is set by BW Summary, so if you have BW Summary but not Enhanced UI you'll get an error for the undefined method. See below.

It's unfortunate and confusing that BW Summary and Enhanced UI apparently overlap so much in their naming conventions (and even settings?).

1692151476628.png

DemICE

QoL junkie
Yeah, I was helping someone who was running into it. SHOW_IV_RATINGS is set by BW Summary, so if you have BW Summary but not Enhanced UI you'll get an error for the undefined method. See below.

It's unfortunate and confusing that BW Summary and Enhanced UI apparently overlap so much in their naming conventions (and even settings?).

View attachment 20212
I don't think they just happen to overlap, it looks intentional to me, since the BW summary dev even writes below the SHOW_IV_RATINGS setting that this is meant to work in tandem with Lucidious' Enhanced UI plugin
1692181937057.png

so either the person you were helping needs to get that plugin if they want to see the ratings or they can just set the setting to false and see the actual IV numbers which works fine...
Or I could just snatch that script and put it somewhere in my plugin but considering the BW summary dev didn't do it either I dont think its very ethical...
What I can easily fix is the error. I will make that part of the code be ignored if the Enhanced UI plugin is not installed so it will not try to find a nonexistent script.
like so

1692183112870.png

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't think they just happen to overlap, it looks intentional to me, since the BW summary dev even writes below the SHOW_IV_RATINGS setting that this is meant to work in tandem with Lucidious' Enhanced UI plugin
View attachment 20214
so either the person you were helping needs to get that plugin if they want to see the ratings or they can just set the setting to false and see the actual IV numbers which works fine...
Or I could just snatch that script and put it somewhere in my plugin but considering the BW summary dev didn't do it either I dont think its very ethical...
What I can easily fix is the error. I will make that part of the code be ignored if the Enhanced UI plugin is not installed so it will not try to find a nonexistent script.
like so

View attachment 20215
No, its more confusing than that.

I made my IV script back in v17.2, and the BW dev decided to take that script and incorporate that into their own plugin starting in v18.

Then, when v20 came out, I decided to revive all my old scripts (including IV ratings) into their own plugin, which is now known as Enhanced UI.

However, now I ran into the problem of having to create compatibility with my own script, because the BW Summary is using its own version of my IV scripts from v17.2, but my Enhanced UI is now also providing that functionality, but with completely different and improved code. So I had to write Enhanced UI in a way where it keeps many of the same naming conventions so that I can overwrite the scripts in the BW Summary with my improved code, but also different enough to avoid overlaps in certain situations.

Its kind of a mess and I'm surprised it works at all.

grogro

Cooltrainer
yo thank you for this, it saves some effort for when i go back to updating these after my vacation and other RL stuff
Well, it looks like there is still a small problem. You cannot manage your moveslots in the summary. It asks you if you want to give an item instead.
It looks like you forgot to copy paste the elsif page==4 block in the def pbscene code in the summary code.

Last edited:

DaisukeDoi7

Rookie
If you want a temp fix to the moveslots summary bug, search "def pbScene" in the Summary.rb file, and this code under page 3's code.
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
elsif @page == 4
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    pbMoveSelection
    dorefresh = true

grogro

Cooltrainer
in case someone else needs it, I'm posting here the link to my v21 version of the plugin, feel free to tell me if there are still bugs here:

DemICE

QoL junkie
in case someone else needs it, I'm posting here the link to my v21 version of the plugin, feel free to tell me if there are still bugs here:
interesting, i'll see the differences and test this out and if there are no issues i'll make a new v21 post for this and credit you because im not gonna lie, i wasnt feeling that motivated to deal with v21 until i saw your post

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE updated Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator with a new update entry:

An Essentials v21.1 version is now available! Also a fix.

Thanks to grogro being more motivated than me at dealing with Essentials v21.1, the nessecary edits have been done to make this plugin compatible with it.
I also tested it with the BW Summary Screen and it seems to work!

Also added a fix (in both versions) posted above for not being able to select and swap moves if you were not using the BW Summary Screen.

Both v20.1 and v21.1 versions are accomodated in the same thread and the download link is a mediafire folder containing both. I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back