• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator

Resource Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator 1.0.3

DemICE

QoL junkie
DemICE submitted a new resource:

Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator - Revamped EV system based on level that also gives justice to mixed attackers. Comes with Allocator.

Are you, too, one of the people that dislikes the way EVs are handled in single player Pokemon games? How they are just getting distributed all over the place as you progress with little to no control over them unless you want to go out of your way to invest time and effort to actually properly EV train to satisfy your OCD, halting actual game progress in the process?
Does it annoy you that while you try to gradually make the opposing trainers EVs/spreads better over time as your...

Read more about this resource...

Phye

Moon Guardian
This addon doesn't seem to work together with Random Trainer Teams: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/906/
Most likely due to the addition of automatically fixing EVs on trainers. It keeps giving me Trainer PBS errors of Pokemon not assigned to trainers yet when I have these two plugins together.
Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you feel like making some sort of mod-compatible patch for it. This script was awesome to use to reduce the grind people have to do for difficult battles but I believe I rather want to use random trainer teams at this point in time.

DemICE

QoL junkie
This addon doesn't seem to work together with Random Trainer Teams: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/906/
Most likely due to the addition of automatically fixing EVs on trainers. It keeps giving me Trainer PBS errors of Pokemon not assigned to trainers yet when I have these two plugins together.
Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you feel like making some sort of mod-compatible patch for it. This script was awesome to use to reduce the grind people have to do for difficult battles but I believe I rather want to use random trainer teams at this point in time.
yeah this is because that plugin basically overwrites the compile trainers function. i knew eventually something like this would happen and i was resigned to just accept that these plugins would be incompatible, but this looks doable.

i changed the meta.txt of my plugin so that it loads after RTT, which circumvents the issue of the trainers method overwriting the one i have aliased. and because i have used alias for mine, it shouldn't create incompatibility. there is still the issue that the RTT has overwritten he whole trainers schema which is definitely gonna cause incompatibilities with other plugins in the future but it should not have a problem with mine for now.
i also added RTT's compiler code to my plugin and implemented my changes in it, so if RTT is installed, it should use that code instead of mine.

all that said, download the two files i sent in the above link, and put them in my plugin folder. i tested it and the game compiles and loads fine for me but for further testing in combination with the randomizer you'll probably have to check that out on your own. tell me if there are any problems

Phye

Moon Guardian
That's amazing! It seems to work without any issues now. Thank you for this amazing plugin :)

mark2826

Novice
With Essentials Deluxe new update they now use the "ACTION/Confirm" button to open a menu in the Pokemon summary Screen. As a result you can't access the EV locator and I don't think the plugin is compatible anymore.

Lucidious89

Champion
With Essentials Deluxe new update they now use the "ACTION/Confirm" button to open a menu in the Pokemon summary Screen. As a result you can't access the EV locator and I don't think the plugin is compatible anymore.
Enhanced UI, not Deluxe.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Wonderful Update! I have been waiting for it! Amazing work! I wanted to bring it to your attention that for some reason this overrides the IV rating from Enhanced UI from showing up. I have the latest version and with I_EDITED_MY_SUMMARY = false I'm also using BW Summary Screen.

Also was wondering would it be possible to include a feature where you can grind the EVs in the general pool and allocate them like you can do automatically. Thanks for reading much love!

DemICE

QoL junkie
Wonderful Update! I have been waiting for it! Amazing work! I wanted to bring it to your attention that for some reason this overrides the IV rating from Enhanced UI from showing up. I have the latest version and with I_EDITED_MY_SUMMARY = false I'm also using BW Summary Screen.

Also was wondering would it be possible to include a feature where you can grind the EVs in the general pool and allocate them like you can do automatically. Thanks for reading much love!
the problem is that the BW summary plugin only comes with 2 alternatives. you either see only the stats, or both the IVs and EVs.
i tried to make some tweaks and i did make the IV rating letters work and show up, but the result in turning the setting to see the IVs off in favor of ratings results in this:
1684308601849.png

which honestly looks kinda awkward without the "Stats" and "EVs" indications on top and without the separating lines.
an alternative is this:
1684309085086.png

which looks overall better but seeing the "IVs" on top serving no purpose also looks awkward.
i guess i could make a version of that picture without the "IVs" and it would look okay:
1684309796395.png

i could push an update with the latter but i'm first curious on what you prefer

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
the problem is that the BW summary plugin only comes with 2 alternatives. you either see only the stats, or both the IVs and EVs.
i tried to make some tweaks and i did make the IV rating letters work and show up, but the result in turning the setting to see the IVs off in favor of ratings results in this:
View attachment 17968
which honestly looks kinda awkward without the "Stats" and "EVs" indications on top and without the separating lines.
an alternative is this:
View attachment 17970
which looks overall better but seeing the "IVs" on top serving no purpose also looks awkward.
i guess i could make a version of that picture without the "IVs" and it would look okay:
View attachment 17971

i could push an update with the latter but i'm first curious on what you prefer
I think the third option looks best for as a middle ground, but I wonder if it would be possible to have it when not allocating EVs show IVs instead and when allocating EVs show EVs instead, but that is just me brain storming. Thanks for looking into this. Much love!

DemICE

QoL junkie

MMikeVII

Rookie
First of all this resource looks awesome. A much better way to deal with EV's in my opinion.

I am likely missing something very basic here as I am very new to the plugins in essentials but for whatever reason I can't seem to get this one to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Error - PKMN Essesntials.png

DemICE

QoL junkie
First of all this resource looks awesome. A much better way to deal with EV's in my opinion.

I am likely missing something very basic here as I am very new to the plugins in essentials but for whatever reason I can't seem to get this one to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
View attachment 18269
yeah this is weird, i was gonna ask if you have the Enhanced UI plugin which is where the pbdisplayivratings is defined , but then again to get to the part that crashed you, you need to have SHOW_IV_RATINGS turned on which is an enhanced UI feature.
1685777576385.png

so the only way to get this error is if somehow you have Enhanced UI but... the file where this method is defined doesnt exist???
do you have this file
1685777667819.png

MMikeVII

Rookie
Thank you for getting back to me and what you've said has solved it. I went to look for the file and could only find [000]Settings and [002]Battle UI so I re-downloaded Enhanced UI and now it works as intended. Thank you for both the help and the work you put in on this resource.

SweetDreams

Rookie
Would it be possible to just use the allocation system with the default EV system rather than level based? Just allowing for adding/subtracting the vanilla EV's system gained from battles? Love the resource, fantastic work btw :) Any help would be appreciated!

DemICE

QoL junkie
Would it be possible to just use the allocation system with the default EV system rather than level based? Just allowing for adding/subtracting the vanilla EV's system gained from battles? Love the resource, fantastic work btw :) Any help would be appreciated!
thanks!
probably but because a lot of code has been altered and it is all connected together, its a lot of work to isolate them.
the EV allocator is the complementary feature to the level-based EVs instead of the other way around

Back