• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource New Trainer Card & League PC 1.0

roei110

Trainer
roei110 submitted a new resource:

New Trainer Card & League PC - New Trainer Card & League PC

Similar to the anime, you need to register for the Pokemon League, then you can get the badgecase.

Features:
  • League PC (I'm putting it on every Poke Center) for registering, checking status, and updating trainer card
  • Expertise ranks you create with different requirements
  • Some new trainer...

Read more about this resource...

BubbleMage

Novice
I'm using this plugin, but I don't understand: you don't need to register at all, as the player already starts with a trainer card and a badge case (I'm using the badge case plugin as well, and also Voltseon's Pause Menu plugin), so how could I prevent that? I want the player to have the badge case and the trainer card AFTER they use the League PC, not before.

roei110

Trainer
I'm using this plugin, but I don't understand: you don't need to register at all, as the player already starts with a trainer card and a badge case (I'm using the badge case plugin as well, and also Voltseon's Pause Menu plugin), so how could I prevent that? I want the player to have the badge case and the trainer card AFTER they use the League PC, not before.
Right now, I added a condition for the pause menu I use:
$player.expertise.trainer_level.id != "NOVICE"
Since my first rank (before registration) is "NOVICE".
You can add it as a condition to the pause menu you use.

I'm hoping to create an update for this plugin soon and it will be easier to use, and more modular :)

roei110

Trainer
roei110 updated New Trainer Card & League PC with a new update entry:

Just an update

Made the following changes:
  • This plugin doesn't need "Badgecase" anymore (Works the same with)
  • More flexible trainer cards (Defined on TrainerCard_Experties)
  • More settings (Defined on TrainerCard_Config)
  • Some better-looking trainer cards
  • Right now the EXPERT, MASTER, and LEGENDARY trainer card sprites are fillers because I couldn't think of something epic and good-looking.

Read the rest of this update entry...

blooeysnake

Novice
Is there a way to force the player to register, the game crashes trying to obtain a badge without the badgecase (badgecase plugin in use)

roei110

Trainer
Is there a way to force the player to register, the game crashes trying to obtain a badge without the badgecase (badgecase plugin in use)
That's up to you, your creativity, and your story-building.
For example, I made a conditional branch for every gym leader to check if the player already registered, if not- he won't accept the challenge.
Another idea could be an event before encountering the first gym, that forces the player to register (something like meeting an NPC that tells you about this, or the gym locked until you meet the gym leader on the poke center and you register there).
Of course, you can skip the part where the player registers, leaving the UNREGISTERED_RANK nil or "None" so it will be registered from the start of the save.

You can think of many ways to do it, I'll be happy if you share your original idea so others could use it :)

TheProtato923

Rookie
Love the update! However, I've found that the condition you previously provided here, "condition" => proc { next $player.expertise.trainer_level.id != "NOVICE" }, no longer works unfortunately and results in a crash.

Is there an alternative condition script I sho

roei110

Trainer
Love the update! However, I've found that the condition you previously provided here, "condition" => proc { next $player.expertise.trainer_level.id != "NOVICE" }, no longer works unfortunately and results in a crash.

Is there an alternative condition script I sho
Oh, yes! Totally forgot to mention it.
Use $player.registered?

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
when try to register using pbLeaguePC
Ruby:
=================

[2023-04-06 10:54:38 +0600]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 18 (coords 11,5), map 7 (Cedolan City)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `addAllBadge' for main:Object

***Full script:
pbLeaguePC

Backtrace:
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:44:in `block in <main>'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:25:in `block in pbLeaguePC'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:19:in `loop'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:19:in `pbLeaguePC'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:133:in `block in update'

roei110

Trainer
when try to register using pbLeaguePC
Ruby:
=================

[2023-04-06 10:54:38 +0600]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 18 (coords 11,5), map 7 (Cedolan City)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `addAllBadge' for main:Object

***Full script:
pbLeaguePC

Backtrace:
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:44:in `block in <main>'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:25:in `block in pbLeaguePC'
"getAllBadge" was removed from Badgescase 2.1 so the script can't call it anymore, you can manually delete it right now (TrainerCard_League PC.rb line 44)
Soon I'll update that script too (hoping to get more ideas and requests here to add)

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
(hoping to get more ideas and requests here to add)
Than, here an idea. The trainer card shows players first pokemon.It would be better if this can be set by a code like: "pbSetFP(:POKEMON)" instead of starter choice variable. For story purposes.

Lucidious89

Champion
Some ideas for things to display:
  • Icon sprites of the player's current party.
  • The play time of the player's first Hall of Fame debut, first displayed in Gen 3's Trainer Cards.
  • The ability to view the player's latest Hall of Fame party.
  • The ability to view the diploma for completing the Pokedex, if the player has obtained it.
  • The number of trades the player has made, first displayed in Gen 3's Trainer Cards.
  • The number of Battle Points the player has, first displayed in Emerald's Trainer Card.
  • The effect of the player's current Gym Badges have, first displayed in Gen 7's Trainer Passport. For example, "All Pokemon up to Level 30 will obey you".
  • Number of Shiny Pokemon encountered, first displayed in Gen 9's Profile App.
  • Similar to above, you may also have a count for the number of Shadow Pokemon the player has purified. I'd have this display hidden until the player purifies at least 1 Shadow Pokemon though, since not everyone uses Shadow Pokemon in their game.
  • The number of Pokemon the player has captured (actual capture count, not Pokedex registries).
  • The number of Pokemon the player has evolved.
  • The number of Eggs the player has hatched.
  • The number of battles the player has won/lost.
  • The number of times the player has used Mega Evolution.
  • Total distance traveled (steps/surfing/biking/etc).

Most of this stuff is already tracked by Essentials, so displaying them in the card wouldn't be difficult. I don't think ALL of this necessarily needs to be displayed, but these are some ideas. Perhaps you could implement settings that allow you to toggle certain displays (for instance, not every game may have Shadow Pokemon, Megas, or breeding, so toggles to hide these displays could be useful).

Also another thing to consider - maybe implementing a system similar to the League Cards from Gen 8. Where you can collect and view other trainer's cards which give you some snippets of lore and backstory of important characters. This can be set up in a way that allows people to inject their own lore to be displayed.

roei110

Trainer
Some ideas for things to display:
  • Icon sprites of the player's current party.
  • The play time of the player's first Hall of Fame debut, first displayed in Gen 3's Trainer Cards.
  • The ability to view the player's latest Hall of Fame party.
  • The ability to view the diploma for completing the Pokedex, if the player has obtained it.
  • The number of trades the player has made, first displayed in Gen 3's Trainer Cards.
  • The number of Battle Points the player has, first displayed in Emerald's Trainer Card.
  • The effect of the player's current Gym Badges have, first displayed in Gen 7's Trainer Passport. For example, "All Pokemon up to Level 30 will obey you".
  • Number of Shiny Pokemon encountered, first displayed in Gen 9's Profile App.
  • Similar to above, you may also have a count for the number of Shadow Pokemon the player has purified. I'd have this display hidden until the player purifies at least 1 Shadow Pokemon though, since not everyone uses Shadow Pokemon in their game.
  • The number of Pokemon the player has captured (actual capture count, not Pokedex registries).
  • The number of Pokemon the player has evolved.
  • The number of Eggs the player has hatched.
  • The number of battles the player has won/lost.
  • The number of times the player has used Mega Evolution.
  • Total distance traveled (steps/surfing/biking/etc).
1. Wow!
2. Thanks, I'll add what I can (what the game stores)

Most of this stuff is already tracked by Essentials, so displaying them in the card wouldn't be difficult. I don't think ALL of this necessarily needs to be displayed, but these are some ideas. Perhaps you could implement settings that allow you to toggle certain displays (for instance, not every game may have Shadow Pokemon, Megas, or breeding, so toggles to hide these displays could be useful).
3. I've actually changed the code last update, so it would be more modular and changeable. Next update I'm gonna make it even more user-friendly.
Also another thing to consider - maybe implementing a system similar to the League Cards from Gen 8. Where you can collect and view other trainer's cards which give you some snippets of lore and backstory of important characters. This can be set up in a way that allows people to inject their own lore to be displayed.
4. I'm working on a "Relations" plugin right now, for showing important characters, and their Pokemon, maybe I'll add written backstories. It's taking me some time, so I don't want to hype😅

RyssyRys

Rookie
Hey, I'm getting an error when I try to give myself a badge from the PC.
=================

[2023-06-07 19:15:30 -0300]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 18 (coords 21,5), map 17 (Zose)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbLeaguePC

Backtrace:
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_League PC.rb:93:in `block in <main>'

=================

Neo

Novice
I'm getting this error when opening the trainer card in the menu:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:77:in `block in pbDrawTrainerCardFront'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:45:in `each'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:45:in `pbDrawTrainerCardFront'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:22:in `pbStartScene'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:113:in `pbStartScreen'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:179:in `block in selected'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:176:in `selected'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:431:in `update'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:548:in `block in update'

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
I'm getting this error when opening the trainer card in the menu:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:77:in `block in pbDrawTrainerCardFront'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:45:in `each'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:45:in `pbDrawTrainerCardFront'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:22:in `pbStartScene'
[New Trainer Card & League PC] TrainerCard_Card.rb:113:in `pbStartScreen'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:179:in `block in selected'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:176:in `selected'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:431:in `update'
[Radial Menu v20] script.rb:548:in `block in update'
This is not the plugin. You're probably missing a trainer sprite for your character.

BubbleMage

Novice
this plugin is now broken with the latest update of the badge case plugin, when trying to register your trianer card!
1696503278777.png

any tips to at least try to fix this myself? might have to discard this plugin entirely if it's broken :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Back