• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Amaryllis

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
IQAXwpy.png
Story
The region of Ohkai: a chilly, bumpy landmass, located a great distance away from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Ohkai is a wondrous place; it is characterized by its great variety of beautiful flowers, and the new Pokémon that inhabit it. Recently however, one flower, the Amaryllis, has been appearing in specific places in Ohkai, despite Ohkai not being its natural habitat at all.
You are a child from Wistfall Village, a small town located in the south-west of Ohkai. Professor Basswood, an botanist and Pokémon enthuasiast. One morning, a red-headed girl moves into Wistfall Village. On this day, Basswood gives you and this girl a rare Pokémon as a partner. He then tasks you both with investigating the mysterious appearances of the Amaryllis.
At the same time, the Epoch Group have appeared. They seem to be involved with the appearances of Pokémon infused with an abundance of strange power known as Chloro Energy.
Why is the Amaryllis appearing in Ohkai? What are the Epoch Group up to? And, how will your journey unfold?
Features

• A completely new region, the Ohkai region!
  • A planned 50+ Pokémon to catch and train!
  • Many new custom moves!
  • Lots of moves and abilities from Gen IV-VI have been added!
  • The type chart matches Gen VI!
  • Physical-special split from Gen IV was added!
  • Some changed pallettes to freshen the experience!
Screenshots
AE6vILt.png
ZOWwUoH.png
zhtOOhX.png

bxH8NpK.png
bwXO8Vk.png
KOYth04.png
9ikdTOl.png

X1AP2Aw.png
KEM98Jd.png
gkpyRU6.png
S2ZxtO7.png
0FpY6V7.png
UCj2X6J.png
nRPDPgD.png
BIX3ehL.png
7cMZ7iK.png
45QFeMx.png

Beta 1.0 (20/8/16)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-SuQe3NUgoZHNPMWNGWjZWemc

Major contributors

• NuclearOmega - you've been great with support, and your spritework has been amazing!
  • G!n (@gin_oripoke) - despite you being Japanese, the language barrier was no problem, you made some amazing sprites.
  • Deouen - your support was very encouraging
  • Peegeray - your sprites were phenomenal, thank you very much!
  • NewDenverCity and Squeetz - thanks for helping me when I got stuck
  • Involuntary Twitch - commissions were super good.
Other credits
  • Swag Lord - sprites
  • Jambo51 - ASM
  • HackMew - ASM
  • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM
  • Darthatron - ASM
  • Menu-Guy - sprites
  • Neoriceisgood - sprites
  • Mr. Dollsteak's Decap and Attack Rombase - amazingly useful
  • Contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
If you want to help out with the game, feel free to ask! I need spriters and Fakemon designers mostly, since I'm not too good at art.

Djaco75

MasterMind
Wow, Mantager! It looks really good so far. There are a couple of things which I will mention, though feel free to debate on any of these points.

1. I really like the story. It drifts away from the usual intro to the Pokemon world which I really like.
2. I like the Fakemon sprites you have used. They look really original and creative. A great effort.
3. One minor concern, the maps do look a bit empty, especially with regards to the grass gym and the city picture you have shown. I'm not sure what the limitations for ROM hacking are, but to add a few decorations would be a nice addition to the game.

With that being said, the game looks really good so far. I can't wait to see your finished product.

BIGJRA

Novice
Hey, I played the demo, and actually felt the opposite things from the poster above me.

- To get the positives out the way: Your mapping is pretty darn good. I think the region has a nice feel of its own so far, and that's really cool.
- Additionally, I think the distribution of wild Pokemon etc. is pretty reminiscent thus far of the small dex in FireRed, for example, and with so many hacks that have 10 different Pokemon per route, I like how this is realistic/fun for a collector.
- Obviously it's the start of the game, but the plot seems interesting and different so far. Also, love the Safari Zone being so early!

- The thing I think could potentially use improvement: Fakemon sprites, specifically shading perhaps. They also seem as if there's a lot of detail in a relatively tiny sprite, so that seems to work against them a bit. The designs are certainly good but if you refine them a bit the game's quality will shoot up significantly.

Also lol my evolution of Bellebud is a Kakuna

Keep up the good work!

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
Any news about the next Beta? I beat Beta 1 and it was really amazing!

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
I'm really digging the look and feel of this game, you seem to have put a lot of work into your mapping and overall presentation of the game! The atmosphere, coloration and UI's you've created are really unique and work every well together!

As for your story it's simple and super cool! I really love what you've got going on with focusing in on one particular thing and making it stand out, this being flowers. I really hope you flesh it out into something really interesting like having something to do with channeling photosynthesis to garner energy in some way, or something like that - using it as a conduit to draw energy and make it something powerful and unique like mega evolution, but also costly to the environment or something to make it a bad thing to use.

You have really great looking fakes, though some could use some work, like Rookowl, its not bad but the head looks a bit wonky; but Peppicap looks so godamn adorable!!
Anyway, great work on this, I hope you keep it up and expand upon things in later iterations of this, its a really cool idea and everything looks great so far!

Mozart

Annoying Twit
So I'm still new to rom hacks and need to sort that out myself, but one thing: are you aware that the male protag looks like a kid Sportacus?

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
So I'm still new to rom hacks and need to sort that out myself, but one thing: are you aware that the male protag looks like a kid Sportacus?
Thanks for that, I can't unsee it :joy:

I like the work you're doing on this game, Mantager! The overworld graphics look very fresh while fitting in with the FRLG graphics. One thing I would say is to change up the lab, since it looks a lot like Oak's lab (even the Professor looks the same as Oak...) Given your work on Clover, I'm confident that this game is gonna be great!

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
You're not the only one.

Back