• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Veluza's sig move Fillet Away has a typo. the move itself and the AI's code call upon "RaiseUserAtk2SpAtk2Speed2LoseHalfOfTotalHP" while the class defining it's actual effects is titled "RaiseUserAtkSpAtkSpeed2LoseHalfOfTotalHP"

Attachments

• image_2024-03-20_190750172.png
    image_2024-03-20_190750172.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 5

Lucidious89

Champion
When trying to compile the PBS files for the first time I am getting this error, I checked with a friend who has the exact same files and they are not.View attachment 27098
Would I have to change each -1 or is this a separate problem?

EDIT: I have tried compiling before starting the game and through the debug menu in-game and I am receiving the same error each way.
You are either somehow missing the plugin scripts, or failed to install them in the correct location prior to compiling.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) with a new update entry:

Minor Update (v3.2.5)

Fixed the shifted and switched-out situation for Pokemon affected by Commander ability and Ogerpon battle forms bugs.
  • Added new alias for pbCanShift? method to ensure Pokemon affected by Commander cannot shift positions
  • Changed Ogerpon "getFormOnEnteringBattle" method to "getFormOnStartingBattle"
  • Fixed Commander ability from actived by a switched out pokemon
  • Fixed Ally Switch move to ensure it's failed when used by Commander's affected Pokemon
  • Fixed AI move...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Not sure if I am blind, but I can not find the 1.0.9 version of the Essentials hotfix and I looked on the expo and the wiki. I only have the 1.0.7 version.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Not sure if I am blind, but I can not find the 1.0.9 version of the Essentials hotfix and I looked on the expo and the wiki. I only have the 1.0.7 version.
You can download it from here. It is stated as version 1.0.7, but the download link itself is updated (currently version 1.0.9).

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I don't know if this has been mentioned but when I try to start my game, I get this error message;
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/abilities_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section ANGERSHELL, key Flags

Backtrace:
Compiler_CompilePBS:57:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:108:in `block in pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:100:in `each_line'
Compiler:100:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:142:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler_CompilePBS:22:in `block (2 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `open'
Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `block in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:11:in `each'

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
I don't know if this has been mentioned but when I try to start my game, I get this error message;
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/abilities_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section ANGERSHELL, key Flags

Backtrace:
Compiler_CompilePBS:57:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:108:in `block in pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:100:in `each_line'
Compiler:100:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:142:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler_CompilePBS:22:in `block (2 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `open'
Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `block in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:11:in `each'
Check if ANGERSHELL is already included in your other PBS files.

KeMiX

Rookie
Has anyone already used this with EBDX and updated the metrics to work with all of the static sprites? I'd like to use the functionality of EBDX with a unified art style, but with Gen 9 not having animated sprites I'm finding myself torn on either having to drop EBDX or fix every single static sprite to work with it 😭

If there's another approach that I'm obviously overlooking, I'm open to suggestions.

Lucidious89

Champion
Has anyone already used this with EBDX and updated the metrics to work with all of the static sprites? I'd like to use the functionality of EBDX with a unified art style, but with Gen 9 not having animated sprites I'm finding myself torn on either having to drop EBDX or fix every single static sprite to work with it 😭

If there's another approach that I'm obviously overlooking, I'm open to suggestions.
I mean, gens 6-8 don't have animated sprites, either. You're pretty much going to run into this problem if you plan on having anything beyond Gen 5 in your game, regardless if you use this pack or not.

The only solution is to just have all Pokemon use static sprites. And if you're going to use nothing but static sprites in your game, I see little reason to use EBDX in your game at all, unless you just really like the UI/camera.

KeMiX

Rookie
I mean, gens 6-8 don't have animated sprites, either. You're pretty much going to run into this problem if you plan on having anything beyond Gen 5 in your game, regardless if you use this pack or not.

The only solution is to just have all Pokemon use static sprites. And if you're going to use nothing but static sprites in your game, I see little reason to use EBDX in your game at all, unless you just really like the UI/camera.
True, I've been using the built in randomizer, but I see that someone ported the Randomizer X plugin to v21 plus I've modified it so much at this point I probably should just drop EBDX and move my changes into the standalone plugin.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm relatively new to this and I got a bit hung up thinking I needed EBDX.

Aioros

Novice
def rough_damage from the AI is in the wrong class, it's not being used, the game will use the og* rough_damage instead

Last edited:

Aioros

Novice
Ye, that one was a shady one, those are the kind of bugs that you can only find if you're looking deep in that area.

Btw I've been doing major changes in my project to the point I can't tell if this isn't being caused by the changes I've made, but I noticed you have an exception handled for using trace with the ability shield item, in my project it fires twice and copies the ability on the second try without it really stopping, I'm not sure if this is from my changes or how it's intended to work, but I thought I'd mention that one as well just in case, would be nice if someone could confirm it in a clean project.
(Replication -> Pokemon with Trace holding Ability Shield vs a Pokemon with a traceable ability + check if it spam procs for the next turn or 2)

mag3wins

Rookie
Hey, just posting about a bug/error text that i'm getting when doing double battles with gen 9 moves.

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `has_type?' for #<Battle::Battler>

Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1017:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1011:in `each'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1011:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:139:in `trigger'
Battle_AI:106:in `apply_move_effect_score'
AI_ChooseMove:276:in `pbGetMoveScore'
AI_ChooseMove:81:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetMoveScores'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
AI_ChooseMove:81:in `block in pbGetMoveScores'
Battle_Battler:461:in `block in eachMoveWithIndex'

The exact thing happening when this error comes up, is the player is in a partner double battle with their rival as their partner. Their partner has a hydrapple with the move DRAGONCHEER, and this error pops up every time a move is selected. The game does not crash or anything, but it does pop up every single time the ai tries to use a move with Hydrapple.

Edit: For clarification, other aspects of the gen 9 plugin are working fine so i don't believe it to be an error in instillation.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Ye, that one was a shady one, those are the kind of bugs that you can only find if you're looking deep in that area.

Btw I've been doing major changes in my project to the point I can't tell if this isn't being caused by the changes I've made, but I noticed you have an exception handled for using trace with the ability shield item, in my project it fires twice and copies the ability on the second try without it really stopping, I'm not sure if this is from my changes or how it's intended to work, but I thought I'd mention that one as well just in case, would be nice if someone could confirm it in a clean project.
(Replication -> Pokemon with Trace holding Ability Shield vs a Pokemon with a traceable ability + check if it spam procs for the next turn or 2)
So, it was caused by the pbContinualAbilityChecks from the pack. I need to change the code a bit.

Hey, just posting about a bug/error text that i'm getting when doing double battles with gen 9 moves.

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `has_type?' for #<Battle::Battler>

Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1017:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1011:in `each'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] AI New Move Rankings.rb:1011:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:139:in `trigger'
Battle_AI:106:in `apply_move_effect_score'
AI_ChooseMove:276:in `pbGetMoveScore'
AI_ChooseMove:81:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetMoveScores'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
AI_ChooseMove:81:in `block in pbGetMoveScores'
Battle_Battler:461:in `block in eachMoveWithIndex'

The exact thing happening when this error comes up, is the player is in a partner double battle with their rival as their partner. Their partner has a hydrapple with the move DRAGONCHEER, and this error pops up every time a move is selected. The game does not crash or anything, but it does pop up every single time the ai tries to use a move with Hydrapple.

Edit: For clarification, other aspects of the gen 9 plugin are working fine so i don't believe it to be an error in instillation.
Ok, I found the problem. It was caused by 'battle.allSameSideBattlers' that return a battler instead of AI_Battler.

I will update these bugs over the weekend.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) with a new update entry:

Minor AI Update (v3.2.6)

Fixed minor AI and trace ability bugs.

Change logs:
  • Fixed Trace interaction with Ability Shield
  • Changed Doodle and Dragon Cheer Battle:🇦🇮:Handlers from using batttle.allSameSideBattlers to ai.each_same_side_battler
  • Moved rough_damage method from Battle::AI to Battle:🇦🇮:AIMove
  • Moved zero_to_hero_ability ShouldSwitch handler outside of Battle::AI class

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back