• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
When i check the gen 9 pokemon back sprites, from the indigo disc, (not the vanilla folder), they are too big for me. For the looks of them, they have more than 200% resolution in therms of pixels. So, where did you find the back sprites for them or can you post the original back sprites from the indigo disc? Logically that i'll give credits for the creators as usually do in my games ending credits. thx for sharing this.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
When i check the gen 9 pokemon back sprites, from the indigo disc, (not the vanilla folder), they are too big for me. For the looks of them, they have more than 200% resolution in therms of pixels. So, where did you find the back sprites for them or can you post the original back sprites from the indigo disc? Logically that i'll give credits for the creators as usually do in my games ending credits. thx for sharing this.
Are you using gen8 pack? Remember to delete it.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
No, i never used gen 8 pack stuff. It's the PNG files itselves. Which we can manually edit through Paint. They are much larger than before, ex: Abra front sprites are in 200% = same resolution as in PE vanila, but the back sprites have more than that, which in game, they looks much bigger in comparison with others, they should be the same size. I can do this myself, but in the web, there's no battle back sprites for thoose pokemon, i already searched a bit and only found the icons or front sprites.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
No, i never used gen 8 pack stuff. It's the PNG files itselves. Which we can manually edit through Paint. They are much larger than before, ex: Abra front sprites are in 200% = same resolution as in PE vanila, but the back sprites have more than that, which in game, they looks much bigger in comparison with others, they should be the same size. I can do this myself, but in the web, there's no battle back sprites for thoose pokemon, i already searched a bit and only found the icons or front sprites.
the latest gen9 pack already contains sprites of proper sizes.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
The backsprites are made by Caruban. So of course you won't find them anywhere else. They are actually 300%. If your script does not have scaling settings, you can also manually scale them to 200%.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I was trying to reduce the scale, but i always end up losing graphic quality. I really need the original pics to scale them without losing pixels quality. I don't know why he or the group decided to change the scaling/sizes, the update before i didn't get this kind of trouble. :/

Lucidious89

Champion
The sprites are the same exact ones the Gen 8 Pack provides. Just with the scaling already done within the PNG files themselves, instead of doing it through code like the Gen 8 Pack does. This is because the goal here is to eliminate the need for the Gen 8 Pack by simply providing these sprites in the Gen 9 Pack, so the community no longer needs to juggle both packs.

If the back sprite resolution is off, it's because the back sprite resolution for the Gen 8 Pack sprites were already off.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I was trying to reduce the scale, but i always end up losing graphic quality. I really need the original pics to scale them without losing pixels quality. I don't know why he or the group decided to change the scaling/sizes, the update before i didn't get this kind of trouble. :/
As Lucidious says, I want to remove the dependencies of this pack with the Gen 8 Pack and make installing this pack easier.

Idk what software you use to scale the sprites, but you can resize the sprites yourself by scaling them to 96px first and then scaling them to 192px. Also use the Nearest-Neighbor as an interpolation method. It will make it retain its resolution.
1705375314498.png

Also, I just reuploaded the script to fix a minor bug when the pokedex summary page pops up after catching.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I use PAINT for all graphics, i normally check everything manually before using the resources into my fan game. And i didn't used the gen 8 pack, in fact never did. But i noticed that for example: your Abra from front folder has the same scale that the one i use, which is the same as from PE, but your Abra back sprites has this changed. I think that i'll post here some example pictures for you to see what i'm saying, its a pixels thing that i use in Paint.
example.png

Last edited:

AskipLudo

Rookie
I reinstalled everything replacing existing PBS but got error about abilities/items/moves not containing the updated ones and now I'm getting the error about Primeape evolution method "LevelUseMoveCount"

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Maybe it may be irrelevant, but they recently revealed the Paradox Cobalion (I forget the name, but it's the one from the past), and then it would be added eventually? I know that making sprites takes time, it's just a question

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I use PAINT for all graphics, i normally check everything manually before using the resources into my fan game. And i didn't used the gen 8 pack, in fact never did. But i noticed that for example: your Abra from front folder has the same scale that the one i use, which is the same as from PE, but your Abra back sprites has this changed. I think that i'll post here some example pictures for you to see what i'm saying, its a pixels thing that i use in Paint.
It was intentionally big. If you read the instructions in the overview, it is stated that the backsprite is indeed 288px or 300%, and if you don't want to use it, there are optional sprites provided with a 160px size.

I reinstalled everything replacing existing PBS but got error about abilities/items/moves not containing the updated ones and now I'm getting the error about Primeape evolution method "LevelUseMoveCount"
You need to recompile the script. Press CTRL while the game booting up in debug mode.

Maybe it may be irrelevant, but they recently revealed the Paradox Cobalion (I forget the name, but it's the one from the past), and then it would be added eventually? I know that making sprites takes time, it's just a question
Its Iron Crown. It is already included in the pack.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I edited my message with an image so you can understand better what i'm saying. By the way, the "optional pokemon sprites" are cut in half and all my pokemon back sprites are like DS, where we can see the full image of pokemon instead of only half. If you have the original size of that sprites, i may size them into the size i'm using, otherwise i have no choice for thoose graphics in having very poor quality when i resize them again. Mostly projects uses this size, which is the same method PE did or even nintendo in their DS games = gen 5 = black and white. I don't know if i'm explaining clearly, but the pic says it all. Here again.
example.png

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
It was intentionally big. If you read the instructions in the overview, it is stated that the backsprite is indeed 288px or 300%, and if you don't want to use it, there are optional sprites provided with a 160px size.

You need to recompile the script. Press CTRL while the game booting up in debug mode.

Its Iron Crown. It is already included in the pack.
nvm, I confused it with the Fenglope from Plaworld, it's almost a copy of the cobalion. Mistake of my person

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I edited my message with an image so you can understand better what i'm saying. By the way, the "optional pokemon sprites" are cut in half and all my pokemon back sprites are like DS, where we can see the full image of pokemon instead of only half. If you have the original size of that sprites, i may size them into the size i'm using, otherwise i have no choice for thoose graphics in having very poor quality when i resize them again. Mostly projects uses this size, which is the same method PE did or even nintendo in their DS games = gen 5 = black and white. I don't know if i'm explaining clearly, but the pic says it all. Here again.
View attachment 24044
From what I see in your game screenshot, you just need to resize the sprite to 192 pixels, not percentages.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Yup, its the pixels and not the size %, my bad then. They now look good. thx for the support.

PumpkinLeaf

Rookie
This plugin has been working great, but one major problem I've been having is this error message that occurs whenever I register a newly-caught Pokémon in the Pokédex.
nkti5zxz.png

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
This plugin has been working great, but one major problem I've been having is this error message that occurs whenever I register a newly-caught Pokémon in the Pokédex.
View attachment 24058
Redownload the plugin, I think Caruban stealth fixed this earlier.

Back