• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
View "Updates" to find the history version works on 20.1, download it in "History".
Awesome! Thanks! It worked for me!

Yes, just keep in mind that the 20.1 version has none of the current features or content (such as the DLC content), and is no longer supported at all, so any bugs wont be fixed nor will any help be provided.
Totally understand that! I was able to get the latest PBS and add the new línes from 3.0 to the 2.0 version manually, and with a few tweaks here and there it worked like a charm! Probably I'm missing some features, but it's good enough for my project. Thanks!

JolTH

Rookie
Hey there, I installed the plugins and copied all files to game's folder and compiled data, but there's no icons or battlers sprites, have I done something wrong or the there's actually no sprites on this pack?

Attachments

• imagem_2023-12-29_184152765.png
    imagem_2023-12-29_184152765.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 43

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
I'm a bit lost on how do I evolve my Quilava to Hisuian Typhlosion... If I use the debug menu and change the Quilava form to 2 and then evolve it, it works. But how do I receive a proper Cyndaquil that evolves to this different form Quilava in order to be able to evolve to Hisuian version?

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm a bit lost on how do I evolve my Quilava to Hisuian Typhlosion... If I use the debug menu and change the Quilava form to 2 and then evolve it, it works. But how do I receive a proper Cyndaquil that evolves to this different form Quilava in order to be able to evolve to Hisuian version?
Like every other regional evolution, you have to be in the correct region to evolve it into that form. Alolan evos require region 1, Galarian evos require region 2, and this plugin allows Hisuian evos in region 3. So if you dont have a region 3, then there's no way to naturally evolve them into those forms.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
Like every other regional evolution, you have to be in the correct region to evolve it into that form. Alolan evos require region 1, Galarian evos require region 2, and this plugin allows Hisuian evos in region 3. So if you dont have a region 3, then there's no way to naturally evolve them into those forms.
In the ZUD Mechanics I can see a REGIONAL_FORMS array, so I modified all of them to 0 and then added a Cyndaquil in a map from region 0 - and then evolved it using rare candies and it didn't become Hisuian Typhlosion. This is the correct place I do have to edit to change the regions? The ZUD plugin seems totally unrelated to this though, so I'm probably making some confusion here.

What if I want to receive this Cyndaquil from an event? Is that possible?

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
In the ZUD Mechanics I can see a REGIONAL_FORMS array, so I modified all of them to 0 and then added a Cyndaquil in a map from region 0 - and then evolved it using rare candies and it didn't become Hisuian Typhlosion. This is the correct place I do have to edit to change the regions? The ZUD plugin seems totally unrelated to this though, so I'm probably making some confusion here.

What if I want to receive this Cyndaquil from an event? Is that possible?
Yeah, ZUD has absolutely nothing to do with this, that setting is for a specific feature in ZUD itself, as you'd expect. Specifically, it's for setting which forms can appear in Raid battles depending on which region you're in.

If you want to change which region number is checked for Hisuian forms, you would do so in this plugin. Specifically, in the regional forms handler in [000] Pokemon.rb. It's all pretty clearly labeled, so you should be able to find it.

If you wanted to receive this Cyndaquil from an event, you would just give the player a normal Cyndaquil. There's nothing inherently special about Cyndaquil or Quilava that makes them evolve into Hisuian Typhlosion. What's being checked for is the region you're in, the Pokemon itself doesn't need to be flagged in any special way.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
Yeah, ZUD has absolutely nothing to do with this, that setting is for a specific feature in ZUD itself, as you'd expect. Specifically, it's for setting which forms can appear in Raid battles depending on which region you're in.

If you want to change which region number is checked for Hisuian forms, you would do so in this plugin. Specifically, in the regional forms handler in [000] Pokemon.rb. It's all pretty clearly labeled, so you should be able to find it.

If you wanted to receive this Cyndaquil from an event, you would just give the player a normal Cyndaquil. There's nothing inherently special about Cyndaquil or Quilava that makes them evolve into Hisuian Typhlosion. What's being checked for is the region you're in, the Pokemon itself doesn't need to be flagged in any special way.
Perfect! This was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!!

Just one extra side question if you allow me: Which IDE do you use to write the scripts? Are you able to get autocomplete to work on it? Or at least go to the desired function when right-clicking on it? Do you have some tutorials on how to set up a good and productive IDE setup to create and modify Pokémon Essentials scripts?

Lucidious89

Champion

Just one extra side question if you allow me: Which IDE do you use to write the scripts? Are you able to get autocomplete to work on it? Or at least go to the desired function when right-clicking on it? Do you have some tutorials on how to set up a good and productive IDE setup to create and modify Pokémon Essentials scripts?
I have no idea what half the things you said even mean lol. I'm a total novice in the coding realm, everything I know is self-taught just from screwing around with Essentials. The way I write scripts is literally to just write them in Essentials itself, and then copy/paste it into Notepad++ when I'm done.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

I'm the same as Lucidious (mostly gained my knowledge from playing with Essentials over the last couple years). I always used Notepad++ but I switched to using VS Code a couple months ago and never looked back. I do only use it for plugins, while keeping all the base essentials code in the RPG maker script editor.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
I have no idea what half the things you said even mean lol. I'm a total novice in the coding realm, everything I know is self-taught just from screwing around with Essentials. The way I write scripts is literally to just write them in Essentials itself, and then copy/paste it into Notepad++ when I'm done.
I'm the same as Lucidious (mostly gained my knowledge from playing with Essentials over the last couple years). I always used Notepad++ but I switched to using VS Code a couple months ago and never looked back. I do only use it for plugins, while keeping all the base essentials code in the RPG maker script editor.
Thank you guys! I'm using VS Code to edit the scripts, but the fact autocomplete don't work and ctrl+click don't navigate to the function is a bit frustrating haha but I'm learning more about it everyday, I recently wrote a small custom plug-in for my game and it's a lot of fun. I'm a web developer for like 10 years, and now getting back to Pokémon Essentials after a lot of years(I made a game with it when I was basically a kid more than 10 years ago haha)
What you guys are doing with it nowadays is amazing!

UPDATE: I was able to make autocomplete and Ctrl+click on click on functions to work on VSCode after installing ruby and adding the Ruby Solargraph plugin in the IDE. Feels much better now

Last edited:

RealOkuyasu

Rookie
Can someone help me with this error I keep getting while im trying to compile? (im using the 20.1 version btw)
-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt..............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at Section380:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Can someone help me with this error I keep getting while im trying to compile? (im using the 20.1 version btw)
-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt..............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at Section380:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST
Is the plugin compiled (you can see it in the debug window)?

Nut0066

Nut
Updated my move animation folder again. Ive renamed all of the custom graphic sheets ive used so they now use Cumston_MoveName just makes things more organised and easier to view in the animation editor.

Ive also added some pre-existing animations that were located in a different folder like Order Up and Mortal Spin into the download as well as Burning Bulwark, Alluring Voice, Supercell Slam and Tera Starstorm from the DLC.

Download is the same place as always.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
My scripts for some Indigo Disk moves. If there is any bug or mistakes, please point out.
Electro Shot:
class Battle::Move::TwoTurnAttackChargeRaiseUserSpAtk1OneTurnInRain < Battle::Move::TwoTurnMove
attr_reader :statUp

def initialize(battle, move)
    super
    @statUp = [:SPECIAL_ATTACK, 1]
  end

def pbChargingTurnMessage(user, targets)
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} absorbed electricity!", user.pbThis))
  end

def pbChargingTurnEffect(user, target)
    if user.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(@statUp[0], user, self)
      user.pbRaiseStatStage(@statUp[0], @statUp[1], user)
    end
  end
  def pbIsChargingTurn?(user)
    ret = super
    if !user.effects[PBEffects::TwoTurnAttack] &&
       [:Rain, :HeavyRain].include?(user.effectiveWeather)
      @powerHerb = false
      @chargingTurn = true
      @damagingTurn = true
      return false
    end
    return ret
  end
end
Fickle Beam:
class Battle::Move::MayDoublePower < Battle::Move
  def pbBaseDamage(baseDmg, user, target)
    baseDmg *= 2
    return baseDmg
  end
end
Burning Bulwark:
#in Battler
if target.effects[PBEffects::BurningBulwark] && move.damagingMove?
          if move.pbShowFailMessages?(targets)
            @battle.pbCommonAnimation("BurningBulwark", target)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} protected itself!", target.pbThis))
          end
          target.damageState.protected = true
          @battle.successStates[user.index].protected = true
          if move.pbContactMove?(user) && user.affectedByContactEffect? &&
             user.pbCanBurn?(target, false)
            user.pbBurn(target)
          end
          return false
        end
#in MoveEffects
class Battle::Move::ProtectUserFromDamagingMovesBurningBulwark < Battle::Move::ProtectMove
    super
    @effect = PBEffects::BurningBulwark
  end
end
Dragon Cheer:
class Battle::Move::RaisesAlliesCritRate1or2DragonType < Battle::Move
  def ignoresSubstitute?(user); return true; end

def pbMoveFailed?(user, targets)
    @validTargets = []
    @battle.allSameSideBattlers(user).each do |b|
      next if b.index == user.index
      next if b.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy] >= 1
        @validTargets.push(b)
    end
    if @validTargets.length == 0
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
      return true
    end
    return false
  end

def pbFailsAgainstTarget?(user, target, show_message)
    return false if @validTargets.any? { |b| b.index == target.index }
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is already pumped!", target.pbThis)) if show_message
    return true
  end

def pbEffectAgainstTarget(user,target)
    if target.pbHasType?(:DRAGON)
      target.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy] = 2
    else
      target.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy] = 1
      end
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is getting pumped!", target.pbThis))
  end
end

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
My scripts for some Indigo Disk moves.
Electro Shot:
class Battle::Move::TwoTurnAttackChargeRaiseUserSpAtk1OneTurnInRain < Battle::Move::TwoTurnMove
attr_reader :statUp

super
    @statUp = [:SPECIAL_ATTACK, 1]
  end

def pbChargingTurnMessage(user, targets)
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} absorbed electricity!", user.pbThis))
  end

def pbChargingTurnEffect(user, target)
    if user.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(@statUp[0], user, self)
      user.pbRaiseStatStage(@statUp[0], @statUp[1], user)
    end
  end
  def pbIsChargingTurn?(user)
    ret = super
    if !user.effects[PBEffects::TwoTurnAttack] &&
       [:Rain, :HeavyRain].include?(user.effectiveWeather)
      @powerHerb = false
      @chargingTurn = true
      @damagingTurn = true
      return false
    end
    return ret
  end
end
Fickle Beam:
class Battle::Move::MayDoublePower < Battle::move
  def pbBaseDamage(baseDmg, user, target)
    baseDmg *= 2
    return baseDmg
  end
end
Burning Bulwark:
#in Battler
if target.effects[PBEffects::BurningBulwark] && move.damagingMove?
          if move.pbShowFailMessages?(targets)
            @battle.pbCommonAnimation("BurningBulwark", target)
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} protected itself!", target.pbThis))
          end
          target.damageState.protected = true
          @battle.successStates[user.index].protected = true
          if move.pbContactMove?(user) && user.affectedByContactEffect? &&
             user.pbCanBurn?(target, false)
            user.pbBurn(target)
          end
          return false
        end
#in MoveEffects
class Battle::Move::ProtectUserFromDamagingMovesBurningBulwark < Battle::Move::ProtectMove
    super
    @effect = PBEffects::BurningBulwark
  end
end
Yeah, we've had all the code done for weeks now. Caruban is just working on sprites, which is pretty much all thats delaying the release.

Something to note for Fickle Beam: this move should display a custom message when the "all-out attack" version triggers, as well as code to trigger a different animation for the "all-out" version.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Yeah, we've had all the code done for weeks now. Caruban is just working on sprites, which is pretty much all thats delaying the release.

Something to note for Fickle Beam: this move should display a custom message when the "all-out attack" version triggers, as well as code to trigger a different animation for the "all-out" version.
Thanks.

Zizzle

Novice

Exciting!
Question, will this include Stellar Form Terapagos, even though the pack doesnt include Tera/ your tera plugin isnt yet updated? ^^

Lucidious89

Champion
Exciting!
Question, will this include Stellar Form Terapagos, even though the pack doesnt include Tera/ your tera plugin isnt yet updated? ^^
As with Ogerpon, the form will exist, there just wont be any way to access it until the Tera plugin comes out.

Back