• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Badgecase 2022-11-12

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again! In this part where you said: "You can change BADGE_BLACK on Badgecase_Config.rb", It's not there. And in the badges list, the order line its not there too. I don't know if you forgot about this or not, i'm just pointing that missing things.

roei110

Trainer
Hello again! In this part where you said: "You can change BADGE_BLACK on Badgecase_Config.rb", It's not there. And in the badges list, the order line its not there too. I don't know if you forgot about this or not, i'm just pointing that missing things.
Try again now :)

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
badgecase error.png

I set the "black_badge thing into true and I've added the :ORDER => 1 and so on in turns of badges order. This error pops up when i've tried to open it from the pause menu.

BubbleMage

Novice
I followed every step, I even started a new save file, and it breaks when I either try to open the Badge Case menu from Voltseon's Pause Menu or when I give the player a badge using a script like "pbGetBadge("THUNDERBADGE")" in an event... :( what am I missing here?

eee.PNG

Also the icon for the Badge Case in the Pause Menu is missing, the Graphics folder didn't have it!
This is the error for when I try to open the Badge Case in the Pause Menu:

eaaea.PNG

Last edited:

Achohermano

Novice
Getting this error everytime I either open the menu or use getBadge
Error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 74 (coords 12,41), map 33 (Pueblo Paleta)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
pbGetBadge("BOULDERBADGE")
recMart

Backtrace:
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:23:in `block in getBadgePositions'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:20:in `each'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:20:in `getBadgePositions'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:53:in `getBadgePositions'

BubbleMage

Novice
I followed every step, I even started a new save file, and it breaks when I either try to open the Badge Case menu from Voltseon's Pause Menu or when I give the player a badge using a script like "pbGetBadge("THUNDERBADGE")" in an event... :( what am I missing here?

View attachment 15303

Also the icon for the Badge Case in the Pause Menu is missing, the Graphics folder didn't have it!

View attachment 15304

Okay I fixed it myself, turns out the plugin has like 17 badges or so defined in Badgecase_Badges, BUT I think the problem was that:
· in Badgecase_UI, line 10 -> def getBadgePositions(badgecount=8), the 8 might have been the problem? All I did was not change the 8, but instead delete ALL badges from Badgecase_Badges EXCEPT the first 8 badges (the Kanto badges), and it works now. Weird! The icon is still missing tho (but i added it.)

Now one last thing: the badges' order doesn't seem right, I just added the first ever badge (Brock's badge) and it appears in the LAST position of the badges case.

Last edited:

roei110

Trainer
View attachment 15240
I set the "black_badge thing into true and I've added the :ORDER => 1 and so on in turns of badges order. This error pops up when i've tried to open it from the pause menu.

View attachment 15303
I think that the problem is that you don't have a small enough agreed size for the large number of badges you have, try adding a smaller size on Badgecase_Config.rb, something like 40 or even 20.
Tell me if it works :)

Now one last thing: the badges' order doesn't seem right, I just added the first ever badge (Brock's badge) and it appears in the LAST position of the badges case.
The order works upside, the lowest number will be first. Since badges without the ORDER element get 0, it's probably first before your added badge (I guessed you made its order more than 0). You should add an order for all badges, or you can change the default value for badges from Badgecase_Main on line 20 where it says "order=0" to a higher number.

View attachment 15304
Right now, the plugin doesn't come with an icon for pause menus, you should create your own.
If you create an icon, you can share it here on this thread so others can enjoy it too :)

Last edited:

Achohermano

Novice
Getting this error everytime I either open the menu or use getBadge
Error:
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 74 (coords 12,41), map 33 (Pueblo Paleta)

***Full script:
recMart

Backtrace:
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:20:in `each'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:20:in `getBadgePositions'
From what I can gather after some texting, the script works up until you have all the Hoenn badges. When you start with Sinnoh, the game can't handle all that information.

Umm... Perhaps making multiple pages could work? But yeah 24 is definetly the limit

EDIT: It's all about size. If you make the badges smaller, they all fit. But yeah imo maybe making multiple pages if you reach a limit can be cool.

Anyways, really cool script, I gotta 100% use it (and of course give you credit)

Btw, do you know how could I change the fonts? :D

Last edited:

kyogreblue21

Novice
ok, so I modifed some of the badges after adding the badges in the actual game, how do I update the badges ingame?

Last edited:

roei110

Trainer
It's not a real update, but I've added the following changes:
  • An option to losing a badge, by using loseBadge(badge_id)
  • The DEBUG menu for badges has changed to work with this plugin
The only change I've made is on Plugins/Badge Case/Badgecase_Main.rb, so if you want to add those changes- download the zip file again but implement just it into your game:
Plugins/Badge Case/Badgecase_Main.rb

ok, so I modifed some of the badges after adding the badges in the actual game, how do I update the badges ingame?
Use "updateAllBadge" function once in your save. You can add an event that calls this function for a moment, save your game after interacting with it, and then remove it from your game.

Last edited:

Thunderbird games

Novice
i love using this plugin but when i tried to update it i keap on getting this error

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Error in Plugin: [BadgeCase]
Exception: TypeError
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_Main.rb:32: previous definition of Badgecase was here

Backtrace:
[BadgeCase] Config.rb:8:in `<main>'
008:PluginManager:653:in `eval'
008:PluginManager:653:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
008:PluginManager:643:in `each'
008:PluginManager:643:in `block in runPlugins'
008:PluginManager:634:in `each'
008:PluginManager:634:in `runPlugins'
388:Main:28:in `mainFunctionDebug'
388:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'

edit
i manged to fix that error but now im stuck in another error went i boot the badge screen

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:191:in `drawBadgePage'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:162:in `drawPage'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:279:in `block in pbScene'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:221:in `loop'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:221:in `pbScene'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:307:in `pbStartScreen'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb:307:in `block in selected'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb:304:in `selected'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:58:in `update'

Last edited:

kyogreblue21

Novice
I used updateAllBadges but unfortunately, it does not get rid of badges that I removed from the pbs or whatever. So there's still an "Earth Badge" even though it should where the "Floe Badge" should be.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Hey for some reason the number of badges on the start screen shows up as 0 until I actually enter the game. From that point onwards, if I f12 back to the load screen it'll display the correct number of badges. Any way to resolve this? Thanks!

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
The badgecase doesn't support animated Pokemon. Maybe you can add a specific folder for Ace pokemon or add support for Animated bitmap using EBDXWrapper(Which is Included in Gen 8 Pack).

IHTkPh0.png

I think this is the Best icon for the badgecase to use with VPM. @roei110
(From Pixelmon)

Attachments

• menuBadgeCase.png
    menuBadgeCase.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 113

roei110

Trainer
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:191:in `drawBadgePage'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:162:in `drawPage'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:279:in `block in pbScene'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:221:in `loop'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:221:in `pbScene'
[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:307:in `pbStartScreen'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb:307:in `block in selected'
082:MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb:304:in `selected'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:58:in `update'
I don't know exactly what the problem is, but it says there is no id for nil, so I think something is wrong with the badge list. If you solve it yourself- great! If not, you can send me a direct message and I'll try to understand what is the problem and solve it.
I used updateAllBadges but unfortunately, it does not get rid of badges that I removed from the pbs or whatever. So there's still an "Earth Badge" even though it should where the "Floe Badge" should be.
Right, you'll have to start a new save and they'll be removed.
I can update it again and add an option to remove badges.
Hey for some reason the number of badges on the start screen shows up as 0 until I actually enter the game. From that point onwards, if I f12 back to the load screen it'll display the correct number of badges. Any way to resolve this? Thanks!
Since I couldn't find a way to add all badges automatically, I asked you to call addAllBadges on your intro. If I got you right, the problem is that there are no badges at the start of a save, because of that. I have an idea of something I want to change (the badge list to be on PBS files instead of a "script") that could also solve this problem.
The badgecase doesn't support animated Pokemon. Maybe you can add a specific folder for Ace pokemon or add support for Animated bitmap using EBDXWrapper(Which is Included in Gen 8 Pack).
Honestly, I don't know how to work with animated Pokemon. Hope someone here knows how to work with it and can help me add support for this.
If you have an example of a plugin that supports both regular sprites and animated sprites, maybe I can look and figure it out myself.
I think this is the Best icon for the badgecase to use with VPM. @roei110
(From Pixelmon)
That's a great icon, thank you! I changed to this icon on my game right now😅

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
onestly, I don't know how to work with animated Pokemon. Hope someone here knows how to work with it and can help me add support for this.
If you have an example of a plugin that supports both regular sprites and animated sprites, maybe I can look and figure it out myself.
The ZUD plugin,Terastal Phenoemon. In a word all plugin Released by Lucidious89.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Since I couldn't find a way to add all badges automatically, I asked you to call addAllBadges on your intro. If I got you right, the problem is that there are no badges at the start of a save, because of that. I have an idea of something I want to change (the badge list to be on PBS files instead of a "script") that could also solve this problem.
Cool, let me know how it goes.

overlordnigel

Novice
Iv instaled the plug in and dun everything it say to do on the page but when I try and look at the badge case in the pause menu (in using voltseon menu plug in which is sported) I get this code:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:23:in `each'

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:18:in `each'

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:18:in `getBadgePositions'

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:51:in `getBadgePositions'

And when I try and add a badge with the script pbGetBadge("BOULDERBADGE") I get this:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 9 (coords 8,10), map 4 (Pokémon Lab)

***Full script:

Backtrace:

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:24:in `block (2 levels) in getBadgePositions'

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:18:in `each'

[BadgeCase] Badgecase_UI.rb:18:in `getBadgePositions'

Agen I must have dun something wrong but I have no idea what

roei110

Trainer
Iv instaled the plug in and dun everything it say to do on the page but when I try and look at the badge case in the pause menu (in using voltseon menu plug in which is sported) I get this code:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

Agen I must have dun something wrong but I have no idea what
The problem is that you don't have a small enough agreed size for the large number of badges you have, try adding a smaller size on Badgecase_Config.rb.

Back