• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Mid battle dialogue for v20+ 3.0

summer_hero

Rookie
Hi, I'm having trouble with the basic in battle text battle commands. I imitated the example and I get this error when the trainer battle is activated. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 9.58.48 AM.png

For reference this is my trainer event:

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 9.58.57 AM.png

grogro

Cooltrainer
the guide has been corrected with the right quotes, you can now copy paste everything without error. My apologies!

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
BattleScripting.set("lastOpp","pbBGMPlay("highlight") is error can you give me example how th change bgm script to work??

Attachments

• 1686638554412.png
    1686638554412.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 83

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
You've got an extra " before pbBGMPlay that shouldn't be there, and you're missing a ) at the end. (Every ( needs to be closed out with a ) )
like this right? BattleScripting.set("lastOpp0",pbBGMPlay("last")) i did use thescript and no error anymore but no bgm were changed at all on battle instead after battle finished the bgm get changed.... where did i go wrong this time ?

Last edited:

summer_hero

Rookie
Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.03.46 AM.png

Hi when I use the move yawn while playtesting I get this bug. The game doesn't crash and I can select yawn, but when the two turns end and the opposing Pokemon should fall asleep I get this error message.

grogro

Cooltrainer
I copied essentials code for this one so I copied the mistake. I updated the code. Thanks for the report

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
Ok so using the script to give a stat boost how does one give Special Attack or Special Defense.. because ive tried several different ways a it keeps popping up an Error

grogro

Cooltrainer
Ok so using the script to give a stat boost how does one give Special Attack or Special Defense.. because ive tried several different ways a it keeps popping up an Error
You should have a script like this one in the data file:
1695934420594.png

Then you call the name of the method with the condition like in the example

nomists

Novice
To begin, thank you all so much for working on this. This plugin is going to help make my current project when I get it working.

That being said, I'm using Essentials 20.x and running into an issue where I can't execute any code with this feature but only set strings.

For instance, this work fines
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
 BattleScripting.set("last","does this work")

But if I try...
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
BattleScripting.setInScript("item",:Enrage)
then I get this error and I get it with everything, regardless of whatever function or condition I put in.
errorman.png

Or, if I do this as I've seen other people try...
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
BattleScripting.set("item",pbBGMPlay("Surfing"))
Then this happens...
errorman 2.png

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I keep getting errors like these, even when I copy everything in the tutorial exactly. Would anyone know what might be causing this?

grogro

Cooltrainer
As the error tells you, you should use extendtext.exe. it's in the root folder of your project. it will make the text boxes larger so the code won't be broken by random line breaks

nomists

Novice
Thanks so much for the quick response, that worked like a charm!

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
How would the effect Type 3 work exactly, I’ve been messing around but nothing seems to work

grogro

Cooltrainer
Type 3? Like giving a temporary third type to a pokémon. You should probably replicate the forest's curse move effect and see how it is made

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
Yeah in the Effects number 111, there type 3 which is what I assumed to be like forest curse or trick or treat but I can’t seem to get it to work

grogro

Cooltrainer
I have no answer for this, other than seeing how it's used by existing moves and adapt it. It's not something I made or used.

DumbFratBro

Rookie
I'm no expert at this, but I copied and pasted the code for making something happen every turn but the game won't open because of a syntax error?

Attachments

• syntaxerror2.png
    syntaxerror2.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 50
  • SyntaxError.png
    SyntaxError.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
Back