• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Mid battle dialogue for v20+ 3.0

grogro

Cooltrainer
Yeah, MBD and Deluxe are not compatible. If you are using ZUD, you should use the mid battle thing built in deluxe. The only thing that should work is the boss protection effects as they have their own code

RoyJohnson49

Novice
It looks like this isn't compatible with Generation 8 Pack Scripts.

Edit: Nevermind, it is compatible just need to incorporate MD battle dialogue first then Gen 8 pack.

Last edited:

RoyJohnson49

Novice
I have an issue. I'm trying to implement the BattleScripting.set(“recall,2”,”Whoa! Nice save again!”) script u showed in ur overview. I'm using fainted,2 and faintedOpp,2 but instead of playing after the 2nd time a pokemon fainted, it plays back-to-back when the first pokemon faints. How do I fix it?

grogro

Cooltrainer
Tbh, it's something I took from the v18 version and didn't touch. I never used this feature and it doesn't looks to work with the fainted condition. I think that something like this should work:
You could put this in the data.rb file:
Faint2=Proc.new{|battle|
BattleScripting.set("fainted","text")
}

and then call it in your event
BattleScripting.setInScript("sendout2",:Faint2)

RoyJohnson49

Novice
I couldn't get it to work. Also I couldn't get the low HP, big damage, or sendoutX ones to work either. They all have to do with specific numbers and percentages weirdly enough.

grogro

Cooltrainer
I'll look into it and release a fix in the next version. the sendout thing works fine, it was sendoutXOpp in this case, the other things you mentioned works (even if big damage procs only if the target is still alive). Maybe it's conflicting with another plugin, for example the fainted condition is broken in my game.

Last edited:

therealsaru

Rookie
Can anyone help me, I can't seem to get set trainer ace working. There is a script for it in the previous version and on this one it does mention it is there but I can't find it.

grogro

Cooltrainer
In newer versions of essentials the ace is automatically the last pokémon. If you want to change this, you have to change the order of the whole team

RoyJohnson49

Novice
I just tried the new version of the plugin and I gotta say it's working much better than the last update. Most of the commands I wanted to do are working perfectly. I just have one gripe and a question.

Looks like the "itemOpp" doesn't work. "item" quote activates regardless of if the player or opponent uses an item and "itemOpp" doesn't work at all.

Secondly, Im curious how u get the black bars to show up when the MBD is happening. I put the black bars in battle animations like asked but is there a specific command u have to put to make them show up. Just wondering.

grogro

Cooltrainer
I works the same way than the v18 version, I didn't touch the code. Put
battle.scene.appearBar
your dialogue
battle.scene.disappearBar
I didn't tested so many things so I'm not surprised if things like itemopp don't work. (Good call there was a missing !)

The download link is updated

Last edited:

DenisGamer456

Novice
I like this script, but,I don't know why when the text appears on top instead of below.
Obs: im use zud plugin v18.1 and the Gen8 Pack
1682000181509.png

grogro

Cooltrainer
if you use v18, it's not the right thread. And tbh I'm never using the text display thing you can do by default. It's supposed to use pbmessage so if you modified it, it could appear on top (or maybe it's an option of the command you used, check the parameters)

DenisGamer456

Novice
I was looking at the thread of the old version of this script, then I discovered that I only needed to put the \\wd in the messages to stay below normally. look at the result
Screenshot_20230427-160402_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

bloonjitsu7

Novice
Sorry if I'm being extremely stupid, but I don't see where I'm supposed to put the dialogue for each trainer. Is it in the PBS files? Or do you put it in at the same place as the mid battle scripts?

grogro

Cooltrainer
You have to put the calls before the battle in the trainer events

bloonjitsu7

Novice
Thank you, I got it working! However I do get this error at the end of each round during a 3v1 battle:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:118:in `pbEORMoveSwitchToggle'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:658:in `block in pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:658:in `each'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:658:in `each_with_index'
Battle_EndOfRoundPhase:658:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
Battle_Clauses:41:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
[Mid Battle Dialogue] MBD.rb:171:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
[Mid Battle Dialogue] MBD.rb:171:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
[Mid Battle Dialogue] MBD.rb:151:in `loop'

The game doesn't crash or anything, but the error still pops up every round. Do you know way to fix this?
Edit: I should also mention that this is ONLY during a 3v1 battle, and it doesn't occur anywhere else as from what I can tell.
Another Edit: Just realized that this is probably related to code that I've added to the end of round stuff, so I'll just try to figure it out.

Last edited:

Hyphil

Rookie
So, I'm probably missing something super basic, but I'm getting this error when trying to swap the battle music mid fight for a gym battle.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 2 (coords 9,4), map 20 (Cedolan City)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `“lastOpp”' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 2>

***Full script:
BattleScripting.set(“lastOpp”,pbBGMPlay("Unity Maxed - Pokémon Masters"))

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:133:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:90:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:90:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:160:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:159:in `loop'

grogro

Cooltrainer
I think your quotes are the problem. "lastOpp" should work.

Back