• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Focus Meter System [v20.1]

Resource Focus Meter System [v20.1] v1.1.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Focus Meter System [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.2 Update

ATTENTION! Final Update!
With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for the Focus Meter System for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Leondrea

Trainer
As I first saw this resource and the pictures, I thought first it was like Gen 8 with (Giga)dynamax Pokémon, where they have a bar on top of their heads, and you have like 3 turns to defeat them with every hit the bar goes down, so I thought you were meaning this feature, but then as I read your description I understood that this is something completely diferent, what GameFreak never had implemented yet, I just don't know what RNG means but as sad as it might sound for you, I think I won't need such a feature, but its good you made it though, so everyone who wants it can get it for free. Also, this is a feature which makes the Pokémon games feel completely different! But you have made a great work with the mementos and I'm going to take a look at all your resources, there might be two or three which I might need.

Thanks for your work
Regards~

Lucidious89

Champion
As I first saw this resource and the pictures, I thought first it was like Gen 8 with (Giga)dynamax Pokémon, where they have a bar on top of their heads, and you have like 3 turns to defeat them with every hit the bar goes down, so I thought you were meaning this feature, but then as I read your description I understood that this is something completely diferent, what GameFreak never had implemented yet, I just don't know what RNG means but as sad as it might sound for you, I think I won't need such a feature, but its good you made it though, so everyone who wants it can get it for free. Also, this is a feature which makes the Pokémon games feel completely different! But you have made a great work with the mementos and I'm going to take a look at all your resources, there might be two or three which I might need.

Thanks for your work
Regards~
RNG stands for random number generator. This is what is used in games to make random effects happen. In Pokemon, this accounts for things such as critical hits, evasion, added effects, ect. Things that rely on random dice rolls. The point of this plugin is to remove as much of these random effects from the battle system as possible, and instead you can guarantee when they occur by expending a charged meter that you build up during battle. So critical hits for example will no longer randomly happen. Instead, you can reliably deal critical hits whenever you want to, but only if you have meter to spend to use it.

If youre looking for something like Max Raid battles with bars and a turn limit, these types of battles are already included in my ZUD Plugin, so check that out if that's what youre interested in.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is there any version for v21.1 yet?
No, and its unlikely that there will be. This is pretty much at the very bottom of my priority list.

VoxITH

Trainer
Oh ok, that's a pity. Btw all your resources are really amazing! If i can suggest you an idea, a resource about shiny pokemon would be incredible (multiple shiny type, shiny hunting methods, ecc.). Thanks for the quick answer and for your resources.

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh ok, that's a pity. Btw all your resources are really amazing! If i can suggest you an idea, a resource about shiny pokemon would be incredible (multiple shiny type, shiny hunting methods, ecc.). Thanks for the quick answer and for your resources.
There's a million ways to shiny hunt already. Some of which already exist in my plugins, such as SOS chaining. And Essentials already has Super Shinies, so multiple shiny types already exist.

Jukes

Cooltrainer
I wish I was a better coder so that I could make it so RNG was still in this, but this worked more like a Limit break system than a complete overhaul :|

If I were to make an attempt i would only need to edit

Battle_move
Move_Effects
Ability_handlers and Item handlers right @Lucidious89 ?

Lucidious89

Champion
I wish I was a better coder so that I could make it so RNG was still in this, but this worked more like a Limit break system than a complete overhaul :|

If I were to make an attempt i would only need to edit

Battle_move
Move_Effects
Ability_handlers and Item handlers right @Lucidious89 ?
I have no idea. I havent looked at this code in over a year.

Back