• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Lucidious89

Champion
yes, the gen 8 pack, essentials deluxe, and MQS (dont know if that last one edits sprites)
The first two are fine, I have no idea what MQS is. Are those -all- of your plugins?

Lucidious89

Champion
forgot enhanced UI and bag screen w/int party.
MQS is the master quest system from ThatWelshOne
Hmm ok, that doesn't really make sense then. Are you sure you didn't have something installed at some point that you later removed (and might still be showing up as installed in the console?). There's no reason why this error should be occurring otherwise. Does this happen every single time you try to start a Dynamax Adventure?

Also, did you remove/add any new species to your PBS files? Did you edit any of the ZUD PBS files, particularly the ones that deal with raid ranks? Because if sprites aren't the issue, the only other possibility would be that your Adventures are just trying to spawn species that don't actually exist.

Lucidious89

Champion

CarlosPR

Novice
I updated my plugins and now I get this error. I tried going back to previous version but it's all mess-up
I will have to start all over with a new installation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-09 095352.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-09 095352.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 89

Lucidious89

Champion
I updated my plugins and now I get this error. I tried going back to previous version but it's all mess-up
I will have to start all over with a new installation.
Do you not have Alolan Raichu defined in your game?

CarlosPR

Novice
It was when I went to my PBS to copy it to the fresh install it was completely empty. In the process of installation of the plugin my Pokemonform file got erased

koootaaaa

Rookie
Hello! sorry it's me again.
Ive fixed the problem, but now i have a question.
is it normal that the pokemon sprites of the player are pretty big?
thanks already!

Lucidious89

Champion
It was when I went to my PBS to copy it to the fresh install it was completely empty. In the process of installation of the plugin my Pokemonform file got erased
Yeah, im not really sure what you did. Nothing in this plugin or Essentials Deluxe replaces or deletes PBS data, only adds. It expects the default data to already exist, so its giving you errors because you somehow deleted everything.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello! sorry it's me again.
Ive fixed the problem, but now i have a question.
is it normal that the pokemon sprites of the player are pretty big?
thanks already!
The sprites are sized for vanilla Essentials. If youre using the Gen 8 Pack, they will be incorrectly sized. That's why the instructions state to delete them from the download before you install them into a project with the Gen 8 Pack installed.

Phantom

Rookie
hello bro, recently when the plugin was updated the script lines positioning the trainer sprite in the dynamax, z move and ultra burst animations disappeared and with that I ended up having a problem, I am using trainer sprites of 160x160 which makes the trainer stay below the base, I don't understand much about programming and I swear I did everything and tried everything so I didn't come to ask for help and end up getting in the way if you could help me realign the trainer sprite I would be grateful because I believe that the possible solution that you find will help me realign the trainer sprite in the mega evolution and terastal animations.
Sem título.png

(prior to updates to the Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb file I was able to align the trainer sprite by changing the line @pictureSprites[spriteTRAINER].y = 105 to @pictureSprites[spriteTRAINER].y = 75)

Lucidious89

Champion
hello bro, recently when the plugin was updated the script lines positioning the trainer sprite in the dynamax, z move and ultra burst animations disappeared and with that I ended up having a problem, I am using trainer sprites of 160x160 which makes the trainer stay below the base, I don't understand much about programming and I swear I did everything and tried everything so I didn't come to ask for help and end up getting in the way if you could help me realign the trainer sprite I would be grateful because I believe that the possible solution that you find will help me realign the trainer sprite in the mega evolution and terastal animations.
View attachment 15508
(prior to updates to the Scene_Animation_ZMove.rb file I was able to align the trainer sprite by changing the line @pictureSprites[spriteTRAINER].y = 105 to @pictureSprites[spriteTRAINER].y = 75)
Most of the animation code is now handled in Essentials Deluxe, now that animations exist for multiple plugins and not just ZUD. Coordinates for trainer sprites are set in the def dxSetTrainerWithItem in the file [000] Essentials Patches/Battle_Scene. You can edit the same line there.

Phantom

Rookie
Most of the animation code is now handled in Essentials Deluxe, now that animations exist for multiple plugins and not just ZUD. Coordinates for trainer sprites are set in the def dxSetTrainerWithItem in the file [000] Essentials Patches/Battle_Scene. You can edit the same line there.

Thank you very much, thanks to your help I managed to realign the sprites in all animations (mega evolution, zmove, ultra burst and terastal).

JtheDuelist

Novice
I only want to include the Z-Move mechanic but not the Dynamaxing and its related additions to my project- is there a way to use only the Z-Move part without installing anything related to Dynamax? I'd just not want to have a bunch of PBS and other files lying about that are going to unused.

Lucidious89

Champion
I only want to include the Z-Move mechanic but not the Dynamaxing and its related additions to my project- is there a way to use only the Z-Move part without installing anything related to Dynamax? I'd just not want to have a bunch of PBS and other files lying about that are going to unused.
Just turn off Dynamax with the switch. There's no harm from the Dynamax code being present at all. In fact, a lot of Dynamax stuff is gonna be present anyway simply from having Essentials Deluxe installed in the first place. Almost all of the code and PBS data related to Z-Moves and Dynamax are heavily woven together, so decoupling the mechanics from each other would actually be a ton of work.

JtheDuelist

Novice
Just turn off Dynamax with the switch. There's no harm from the Dynamax code being present at all. In fact, a lot of Dynamax stuff is gonna be present anyway simply from having Essentials Deluxe installed in the first place. Almost all of the code and PBS data related to Z-Moves and Dynamax are heavily woven together, so decoupling the mechanics from each other would actually be a ton of work.
Ah. I thought so, but I just had to ask. Thanks for the swift response.

Thunderbird games

Novice
i'm having a slight issue with the specit every time i enter battle

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Visually Different Super Shiny] Script.rb:120:in `sprite_bitmap_from_pokemon'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:478:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbChangePokemon'
188:Scene_Initialize:87:in `block in pbInitSprites'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `each'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `each_with_index'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `pbInitSprites'
221:BugContestBattle:8:in `pbInitSprites'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:115:in `pbInitSprites'
[Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI.rb:29:in `pbInitSprites'

Lucidious89

Champion
i'm having a slight issue with the specit every time i enter battle

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Visually Different Super Shiny] Script.rb:120:in `sprite_bitmap_from_pokemon'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:478:in `setPokemonBitmap'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbChangePokemon'
188:Scene_Initialize:87:in `block in pbInitSprites'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `each'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `each_with_index'
188:Scene_Initialize:85:in `pbInitSprites'
221:BugContestBattle:8:in `pbInitSprites'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:115:in `pbInitSprites'
[Enhanced UI] [002] Battle UI.rb:29:in `pbInitSprites'
Visually Different Super Shiny isnt compatible with the latest version of Essentials Deluxe. The author of that plugins needs to update it.

Nathan-MV

Rookie
In power_moves.txt when a [ZMOVE] has a move that is not of the same type than the zmove it occur something estrange, example i put a move with fire type and a zmove with fighting type and it will use Inferno Overdrive? Btw can't i just use the [ZMOVE] without defining a move?

Last edited:
Back