• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Lucidious89

Champion
The linked tutorial explains everything you need to know. You can also achieve what you want through the Debug menu.

Rabjethor

Rookie
I have a problem with the download, I press the download link and this appears:
Captura de pantalla 2023-01-17 125907.png

When pressing continue and the page is reloaded, but it is not downloaded, why does this happen?

Thanks.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello! I'm having trouble finding where to set switches that disable certain features. Was it supposed to be in Settings.rb, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Those have been removed from the Settings a few updates ago. All of those settings are now toggleable in-game through the Debug menu, so you no longer have to reset the game to apply them.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Those have been removed from the Settings a few updates ago. All of those settings are now toggleable in-game through the Debug menu, so you no longer have to reset the game to apply them.
Is there a specific script I can call during an event to toggle them on and off? This is for the player to choose which one they want active.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is there a specific script I can call during an event to toggle them on and off? This is for the player to choose which one they want active.
They're handled via game switches, exactly how the NO_MEGA_EVOLUTION switch works in base Essentials. I've updated the "Disabling ___" sections in the ZUD tutorial for each mechanic to be more clear on this, and where to find them.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
They're handled via game switches, exactly how the NO_MEGA_EVOLUTION switch works in base Essentials. I've updated the "Disabling ___" sections in the ZUD tutorial for each mechanic to be more clear on this, and where to find them.
Found it. Thanks!

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.6 Update

• Removed the restrictions on wild Pokemon utilizing ZUD mechanics. You may now set up wild Pokemon to use Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, or Dynamax without a trainer by simply flagging them as an "ace".
  • Edited the ZUD animations to now support wild Pokemon that trigger these mechanics without a trainer.
  • ZUD animations are now compatible with animated battler sprites.
  • Overhauled how Dynamax sprites are displayed, greatly simplifying the code, and making them easier to customize...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Silly question maybe, but can you use both Mega's, Dynamax, Z-Moves and Terestal phenomenon at the same time in a game? Not the same battle obviously, but in the same game

Lucidious89

Champion
Silly question maybe, but can you use both Mega's, Dynamax, Z-Moves and Terestal phenomenon at the same time in a game? Not the same battle obviously, but in the same game
I specifically designed all of the plugins to work together, yes. And yes, you can even use them all in the same battle, although not on the same Pokemon.

However, there is a specific priority in which each mechanic will be available at any given time.

1. Primal Reversion has the highest priority, and will activate first even if the Pokemon is eligible for another mechanic. Once the Pokemon is in Primal form, it is no longer eligible for any other mechanic.

2. Ultra Burst has the second highest priority, and will be available first over other mechanics listed below. Once the Pokemon is in Ultra form, it is no longer eligible for any other mechanics except for Z-Moves.

3. Z-Moves have third priority, and will be available first over other mechanics listed below. After the Z-Move is used, the Pokemon will become eligible again for other mechanics.

4. Mega Evolution has fourth priority, and will be available over other mechanics listed below. Once the Pokemon is in Mega form, it is no longer eligible for any other mechanic.

5. Dynamax has fifth priority, and will be available over other mechanics listed below - but ONLY if the player is on a map designated as a "Power Spot" to allow for Dynamax. For the duration of Dynamax, the Pokemon is ineligible for any other mechanic.

6. Strong/Agile Styles have sixth priority, and will only be available if none of the above mechanics are available to the Pokemon. While the Pokemon is under the effects of a Battle Style, they are ineligible for any other mechanic.

7. Terastallization has bottom priority, and will only be available if the Pokemon isn't eligible for ANY of the other mechanics listed above. Once the Pokemon is in Tera form, it is no longer eligible for any other mechanic.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
Thank you for all the updated plugins, exactly what I was impatiently waiting for! And thanks for the clarifications above. Respecting the priority list above makes sense, although it limits some possibilities, I understand the necessity. Again, thank you so much for your work!

Edit: Okay, I might need some input from you on this: as soon as I give a trainer both the Tera Orb and the Dynamax Band, the terastallization does not trigger any more. My Mid Battle script for triggering them is working, as it works for either of the two when I remove one of the items from the trainer's item list. What am I missing?
Edit 2: I might add the trainer definition, the trainer event and the mid battle script below to give you all required context :)

#-------------------------------
[RIVAL1,Red]
Items = TERAORB,DYNAMAXBAND
LoseText = Pah - whatever!
Pokemon = CRANIDOS,4
DynamaxLvl = 1
Pokemon = ROOKIDEE,4
Pokemon = SNEASEL,4
Form = 1
Ace = yes
TeraType = DARK

TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL1, "Red"], {:scripted => {:tera => [:FoeSide], :dynamax => [:FoeSide]}}, :RIVAL1_BATTLE1)

RIVAL1_BATTLE1 = {
"turnCommand_1" => {
:battler => :Opposing,
:speech => "Let's see what you got!"
},
"turnAttack_1" => {
:usespecial => [:Dynamax, "Time to show you some of my tricks!"]
},
"turnAttack_repeat" => {
:delay => "afterLast_foe",
:usespecial => [:Terastallize, "Don't think I pulled my trump card yet!"]
}
}

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Thank you for all the updated plugins, exactly what I was impatiently waiting for! And thanks for the clarifications above. Respecting the priority list above makes sense, although it limits some possibilities, I understand the necessity. Again, thank you so much for your work!

Edit: Okay, I might need some input from you on this: as soon as I give a trainer both the Tera Orb and the Dynamax Band, the terastallization does not trigger any more. My Mid Battle script for triggering them is working, as it works for either of the two when I remove one of the items from the trainer's item list. What am I missing?
Like the list suggests, Terastallization is out-prioritized by Dynamax. So if the trainer can potentially use Dynamax, Terastallization will never appear. Basically, if you're on a Power Spot map with a Dynamax Band in your inventory, you can't use Terastallization.

Last edited:

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
Thanks for the lightning speed reply! Ohhh so this means it also does not work even after a Pokémon used Dynamax in the battle already? Could it work if I only activate Dynamax later in the battle with a Mid Battle trigger?

Lucidious89

Champion
Thanks for the lightning speed reply! Ohhh so this means it also does not work even after a Pokémon used Dynamax in the battle already? Could it work if I only activate Dynamax later in the battle with a Mid Battle trigger?
It's just the nature of how the mechanics work that make them incompatible. If you're on a Power Spot and in a battle that supports Dynamax, then all the mechanics with lower priority than Dynamax are simply never checked for, because Dynamax will always out-prioritize them. Even if Dynamax is no longer available because it was used previously; if the Pokemon is still POTENTIALLY able to Dynamax because it meets all the criteria, then none of the mechanics with lower priority (Battle Styles and Terastallization) will be eligible due to that potential for Dynamax still being there (since you could still theoretically recharge your Dynamax Band with a Wishing Star item, or use the CTRL button in Debug mode, or use Cheer in a Max Raid battle to replenish Dynamax, etc..).

The ONLY situation where this wouldn't occur is if the Pokemon you have out is incapable of Dynamaxing at all. For example, Zacian/Zamazenta, Eternatus (if Eternamax is unavailable), or another species or Pokemon that you have manually flagged as being incompatible with Dynamax. For those Pokemon, the Dynamax check is skipped altogether, so they will move down the priority list if they can potentially use a Battle Style or Terastallization since they aren't able to ever meet the criteria for Dynamax.

It has to be done this way, since Terastallization is a mechanic that is ALWAYS available (doesn't require a held item, form, or location like other mechanics do). This means that the mechanic needs to be completely unavailable when another mechanic is available, otherwise pressing the button to trigger it will apply BOTH Dynamax and Terastallization on the Pokemon at the same time. So they have to be very strictly separated because of that.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
This makes perfect sense - thanks! I was aware of the conflict of having two mechanics that are basically available for all Pokémon all the time - I just have to accept that a single fight cannot contain both features then :)

koootaaaa

Rookie
hello!
im trying to set up a dynamax adventure, but wheneve i talk to the guy i set up for it, i het this error message:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 2 (coords 18,16), map 78 (Route 102)
Exception: RuntimeError

***Full script:
pbDynamaxAdventure.start(nil, nil)

Backtrace:
088:AnimatedBitmap:6:in `initialize'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:546:in `new'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:546:in `pokemon='
268:Pokemon_Sprites:97:in `initialize'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:162:in `new'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:162:in `block in pbDrawRentalScreen'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:157:in `times'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:157:in `pbDrawRentalScreen'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Menus.rb:10:in `pbRentalSelect'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Menus.rb:1018:in `block in pbStartSetScreen'

can you help me?

Lucidious89

Champion
hello!
im trying to set up a dynamax adventure, but wheneve i talk to the guy i set up for it, i het this error message:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 2 (coords 18,16), map 78 (Route 102)
Exception: RuntimeError

***Full script:
pbDynamaxAdventure.start(nil, nil)

Backtrace:
088:AnimatedBitmap:6:in `initialize'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:546:in `new'
[Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:546:in `pokemon='
268:Pokemon_Sprites:97:in `initialize'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:162:in `new'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:162:in `block in pbDrawRentalScreen'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:157:in `times'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Base.rb:157:in `pbDrawRentalScreen'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Menus.rb:10:in `pbRentalSelect'
[ZUD Mechanics] LairMenu_Menus.rb:1018:in `block in pbStartSetScreen'

can you help me?
Do you have any other plugins installed that edit sprites in some way?

The error is quite straight forward - you're missing a sprite for one or more Pokemon. Icon sprites in particular. Normally, if you're missing a sprite, it should just display the "?" sprite instead, as a placeholder. So if it's returning an error instead, then something else is getting in the way of the process that is breaking this failsafe.

koootaaaa

Rookie
Do you have any other plugins installed that edit sprites in some way?

The error is quite straight forward - you're missing a sprite for one or more Pokemon. Icon sprites in particular. Normally, if you're missing a sprite, it should just display the "?" sprite instead, as a placeholder. So if it's returning an error instead, then something else is getting in the way of the process that is breaking this failsafe.
yes, the gen 8 pack, essentials deluxe, and MQS (dont know if that last one edits sprites)

Back