• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I will run more tests to see better if i did any mistake or with essentials deluxe, cus in a game test, when i go into battle i can't choose a move to attack it gave me an error and it returns me back to the "battle menu". Let me run more tests and when i got more detailed info, i even will post a pic or a small video about it, cus the error may not be with ZUD but with essentials deluxe, i just thinking about that. :/

Galaxia

Trainer
I got this error when an Espeon used Wish in a Raid Battle. Would this have to do with healing moves used by Dynamax Pokemon?
Edit: I just fought a Mon that used Synthesis during battle... Would it have to do with 2 turn moves?
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be a Pokemon::Move, but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
015:Validation:29:in `validate'
172:Battle_Move:51:in `from_pokemon_move'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:99:in `block in display_base_moves'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:95:in `each'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:95:in `display_base_moves'
[ZUD Mechanics] Raid_Battle_Battler.rb:85:in `raid_UseBaseMoves'
[ZUD Mechanics] Raid_Battle_Overrides.rb:20:in `pbProcessTurn'
156:Battle_AttackPhase:128:in `block (2 levels) in pbAttackPhaseMoves'
156:Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `each'
156:Battle_AttackPhase:124:in `block in pbAttackPhaseMoves'

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.8 Update

• Fixed an error that would occur when a Raid Pokemon used certain moves.
  • Changed some code to ensure that Raid Pokemon will only attempt to use multiple moves per round only if it has selected to use a move this turn in the first place.

Please update Essentials Deluxe to its latest version (v1.1.2) as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

LilyInTheWater

Novice
I'm not sure if I made that up but can NPCs participate in Max Raids? Like they fight the pokemon with you, in the games. I remember reading something about them not being able to but it was easy to code them in? I'm just double checking, sorry if it's stated somewhere in the post and I just didn't see it.

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm not sure if I made that up but can NPCs participate in Max Raids? Like they fight the pokemon with you, in the games. I remember reading something about them not being able to but it was easy to code them in? I'm just double checking, sorry if it's stated somewhere in the post and I just didn't see it.
No iteration of this plugin has ever had NPC's in raids since its inception in v17.2. Ive never seen the point in adding them; if anything I think it takes away from the way I designed the raids. I dont think you can have more than a single AI partner anyway, so if you want to add them and want more than a single partner, you'll have to first figure out how to do that.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again. Yesterday, i was adding/preparing the ZUD plugin for my fangame, when the game was compiling all the stuff, that error, see the image, pops up. It points me to the PBS file: "raid_ranks" about the Rattata_2, which in my fangame is the alolan version instead of _1, i've changed that thinking that it's the form reference, am I right? So, i think that i'm missing something here, but i have no clue, in settings i only changed the game switches numbers just to test the script in "raw" first, before planning to make changes. About the PLA, i will test after i solve the compile thing problem, and i will inform you later.

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 89

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello again. Yesterday, i was adding/preparing the ZUD plugin for my fangame, when the game was compiling all the stuff, that error, see the image, pops up. It points me to the PBS file: "raid_ranks" about the Rattata_2, which in my fangame is the alolan version instead of _1, i've changed that thinking that it's the form reference, am I right? So, i think that i'm missing something here, but i have no clue, in settings i only changed the game switches numbers just to test the script in "raw" first, before planning to make changes. About the PLA, i will test after i solve the compile thing problem, and i will inform you later.
Species are only recognized as regional variants if their FormName is set equal to either Alolan, Galarian, or Hisuian in their PBS data. Your RATTATA_2 must be missing this form name if it's still considered a banned raid species.

If you want to change which name is recognized as a regional form, or want to add your own custom ones, that's what the REGIONAL_FORMS setting is for in the plugin Settings.

So just make sure everything is properly set up, and then try recompiling.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
In my fangame i set this in the pokemon_forms: Alolan _2, galar _3, hisui _4. So, for this to work, i should edit this way?
REGIONAL_FORMS = [
["Alolan", 2],
["Galarian", 3],
["Hisuian", 4]
]

Lucidious89

Champion
In my fangame i set this in the pokemon_forms: Alolan _2, galar _3, hisui _4. So, for this to work, i should edit this way?
REGIONAL_FORMS = [
["Alolan", 2],
["Galarian", 3],
["Hisuian", 4]
]
The numbers in this setting have nothing to do with form numbers.

As I described right above this section in the comments:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
# An array containing additional arrays, which each contain a regional form name
# and a region number for that regional form. This will allow for those regional
# forms to appear when the player is on a map that corresponds to the region number.
#
# For example, if the player is on a map with a region ID that matches the region
# number in the "Alolan" array, then any entry in pokemon_forms.txt with "Alolan"
# in its form name will now appear in Raids. By default, all regionals are set to
# appear in Region 1 (the Tiall region), so adjust the numbers for each regional
# to suit your game.

So the number is associated with the actual map region - aka, the region number found in the town_map.txt PBS file. That's why all of the numbers are set to "1" by default, because the only regions that exist in Essentials by default are the Essen Region (region 0) and the Tiall Region (region 1). So all of the regionals found in this setting will only appear in raids in the Tiall region, because they're all set to 1. If you have different regions set up in your game, then you would change these numbers to match up with those region numbers in your town_maps, so that the regional forms only appear in their respective regions.

So again, this has nothing at all to do with the Pokemon form numbers. The form numbers of each species are irrelevant. All that matters is the NAME of the forms, as I said in my previous post. Anything named "Alolan" will count as an Alolan form, everything named "Galarian" will count as a Galarian form, etc. So if your RATTATA_2 doesn't have FormName = Alolan in its PBS data, then it will not be considered an Alolan form, and thus will be banned from raids, and thus will give you an error if you added this form to raid_ranks.txt.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
The numbers in this setting have nothing to do with form numbers.

As I described right above this section in the comments:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
# An array containing additional arrays, which each contain a regional form name
# and a region number for that regional form. This will allow for those regional
# forms to appear when the player is on a map that corresponds to the region number.
#
# For example, if the player is on a map with a region ID that matches the region
# number in the "Alolan" array, then any entry in pokemon_forms.txt with "Alolan"
# in its form name will now appear in Raids. By default, all regionals are set to
# appear in Region 1 (the Tiall region), so adjust the numbers for each regional
# to suit your game.

So the number is associated with the actual map region - aka, the region number found in the town_map.txt PBS file. That's why all of the numbers are set to "1" by default, because the only regions that exist in Essentials by default are the Essen Region (region 0) and the Tiall Region (region 1). So all of the regionals found in this setting will only appear in raids in the Tiall region, because they're all set to 1. If you have different regions set up in your game, then you would change these numbers to match up with those region numbers in your town_maps, so that the regional forms only appear in their respective regions.

So again, this has nothing at all to do with the Pokemon form numbers. The form numbers of each species are irrelevant. All that matters is the NAME of the forms, as I said in my previous post. Anything named "Alolan" will count as an Alolan form, everything named "Galarian" will count as a Galarian form, etc. So if your RATTATA_2 doesn't have FormName = Alolan in its PBS data, then it will not be considered an Alolan form, and thus will be banned from raids, and thus will give you an error if you added this form to raid_ranks.txt.
I was rechecking the plugin and now i understand the Town map region numbers and etc. My confusion was that what i've saw in your raid_ranks PBS file, I saw RATTATA and RATTATA_1, then i thought that RATTATA_1 is the form "name" that is in the pokemon_forms PBS file. And yes, my RAttata has the form name: Alolan Form, i write it this way. When i've got time i will change the PBS file to run some tests to see how it works. Sorry for the dumb question, i really was confused there. XD

Lucidious89

Champion
I was rechecking the plugin and now i understand the Town map region numbers and etc. My confusion was that what i've saw in your raid_ranks PBS file, I saw RATTATA and RATTATA_1, then i thought that RATTATA_1 is the form "name" that is in the pokemon_forms PBS file. And yes, my RAttata has the form name: Alolan Form, i write it this way. When i've got time i will change the PBS file to run some tests to see how it works. Sorry for the dumb question, i really was confused there. XD
Ok. If youre using "Alolan Form" as the form name, then all youve got to do is change "Alolan" to "Alolan Form" in REGIONAL_FORMS.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1 Update

• Overhauled the code related to the Max Raid Database to remove all of the lag that would occur upon loading the UI and navigating the menus. It should now immediately load without hanging on a black screen for several seconds as it did before. Scrolling through pages of species should now also be instantaneous.
  • Made some minor tweaks to sprite properties for Dynamax icons for better compatibility with the Enhanced UI plugin.
  • When facing Calyrex in a Max Raid, its name text...

Read the rest of this update entry...

tyssonpark

Novice
Can you help me?

[2022-11-25 12:30:46 -0300]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:297:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
166:Battler_UseMove:381:in `block in pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:379:in `each'
166:Battler_UseMove:379:in `pbUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] New_Evolution_Method.rb:146:in `pbUseMove'
[ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:102:in `pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:52:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
166:Battler_UseMove:51:in `pbProcessTurn'
[ZUD Mechanics] Raid_Battle_Overrides.rb:19:in `pbProcessTurn'

Lucidious89

Champion
Can you help me?

[2022-11-25 12:30:46 -0300]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:297:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
166:Battler_UseMove:381:in `block in pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:379:in `each'
166:Battler_UseMove:379:in `pbUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] New_Evolution_Method.rb:146:in `pbUseMove'
[ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:102:in `pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:52:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
166:Battler_UseMove:51:in `pbProcessTurn'
[ZUD Mechanics] Raid_Battle_Overrides.rb:19:in `pbProcessTurn'
The Gen 9 pack isnt currently compatible with ZUD.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello. I was able to give myself a Dynamax Band successfully, but the same cannot be said for the Grassium Z...
View attachment 14292
You had an existing bag prior to installing this plugin. Reset your bag (by either starting a new game, or emptying it with debug tools).

Although, you will still get an error even once you do this. It'll be a completely different error, though. To resolve this one, you have to add a new graphic in Graphics/Icons named bagPocket9. It's only just occurred to me that ZUD doesn't come with a graphic for the bag icon for Z-Crystals, so you'll need to make your own. I'll have to remember to add one in the next update.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
You had an existing bag prior to installing this plugin. Reset your bag (by either starting a new game, or emptying it with debug tools).

Although, you will still get an error even once you do this. It'll be a completely different error, though. To resolve this one, you have to add a new graphic in Graphics/Icons named bagPocket9. It's only just occurred to me that ZUD doesn't come with a graphic for the bag icon for Z-Crystals, so you'll need to make your own. I'll have to remember to add one in the next update.
Got it. Thank you very much!

scarsofbattle

Rookie
Hello, I was trying to sync this new updated plugin, and I got the following issue:

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/Plugins/ZUD/power_moves.txt, line 7
MaxMove = MAXSTRIKE

Backtrace:
381:Compiler:345:in `checkEnumField'
381:Compiler:320:in `csvEnumField!'
381:Compiler:523:in `block (2 levels) in pbGetCsvRecord'
381:Compiler:415:in `each'
381:Compiler:415:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
381:Compiler:413:in `loop'
381:Compiler:413:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
[ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:337:in `block in compile_power_moves'
381:Compiler:242:in `block (2 levels) in pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
381:Compiler:234:in `each_line'

I am not sure how to best read this error - is this saying that the moves are not defined in the file path? Or that I need to define this somewhere else?

Back