• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [Obsolete] wrigty12's much less exciting and less robust Terastal Phenomenon 1.4.3

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 submitted a new resource:

[Beta] Scarlet/Violet's Battle Gimmick - The new battle mechanic coming to Scarlet and Violet

Well, we were shown the new battle gimmick for Scarlet and Violet. I won't say much about it here as to prevent people from being spoiled. I have specifics about this functionality in the Readme file in the download!

I did have to overwrite a few scripts, so there is guaranteed compatibility issues with some other plugins.

I did not implement everything that we were shown (specifically on the graphics side), but the base functionality is there.

I'm treating this as a Beta. I'm not super...

Read more about this resource...

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
Whenever I go into a battle, "Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at Section081:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/Battle/cursor_tera" although it doesnt seem to cause any problems. Also, you can't mega evolve pokemon without them also being forced to terastalize. I haven't tried with ZUD's z moves, ultra burst, or dynamax yet, but I'd assume it would still happen there.

Whenever I go into a battle, "Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at Section081:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/Battle/cursor_tera" although it doesnt seem to cause any problems. Also, you can't mega evolve pokemon without them also being forced to terastalize. I haven't tried with ZUD's z moves, ultra burst, or dynamax yet, but I'd assume it would still happen there.
Did you get the graphics from the download?

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Sorry! I didn't get any notification of a post.

I updated the file to now include the cursor_tera file.

As for Mega, I do admit I didn't test that since I wasn't using it in my own game. I can give it a look. I don't think this Plugin will work with the ZUD plugin because it also overwrites the same script I'm using. I will have to look into getting a compatibility set up for that sometime in the future

Astralneko

Novice
This is very cool! I do have a colorize function I was making for my own version of a Terastalation plugin (so that the pokemon visually looks like the color of the type) that might be helpful, if you want it. Basically for the sprites of a Terastalized Pokémon, you'll want their bitmaps to be the returned result of the colorize function applied to the original value (that is, along the lines of Front/SPECIES.png). If you'd like it, I could give it to you so you could use it. Just using it doesn't include the crown graphics though - I was scared of the amount of metrics I'd need to make to get the crowns to work ingame lol.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
This is very cool! I do have a colorize function I was making for my own version of a Terastalation plugin (so that the pokemon visually looks like the color of the type) that might be helpful, if you want it. Basically for the sprites of a Terastalized Pokémon, you'll want their bitmaps to be the returned result of the colorize function applied to the original value (that is, along the lines of Front/SPECIES.png). If you'd like it, I could give it to you so you could use it. Just using it doesn't include the crown graphics though - I was scared of the amount of metrics I'd need to make to get the crowns to work ingame lol.
Ooo if you're willing to share it, I'd love to include it (and of course include you in the credits)! I do agree that adding crowns would be difficult, without having a brand new form/sprite for each Pokemon..

Have you figured out a way to not only colorize them, but also make them "crystal-ly" like they look? I did a super brief code search to see if there was a way to do such a think with Ruby but didn't come up with anything

Astralneko

Novice
I haven't done that yet, as I was more worried about colorizing itself - I've made very little progress lol - the colorize function I wrote sets the hue of all pixels to the given hue parameter, then adds the given saturation and lightness parameters to the original. You could probably use similar code to only colorize certain pixels, and use it to create an AnimatedBitmap. I've just written up a variant of the core colorize function to do this: it only colorizes pixels when the pixel's position is on certain diagonal lines (which can then be incremented for each frame to make the AnimatedBitmap). So basically you could run anColorizeBitmap(frame,hue,0,0) and then colorizeDiagonal(frame,hue,0,0.4,i,3), which will make a colorized version and then make a much lighter diagonal line across the image, then add the frame to the AnimatedBitmap, on a loop. When this is stitched together it should make an animation where each frame, the diagonal line moves along, making a shining-like effect. (It's very similar to the shining effect played on the Pokémon logo in I think the GBA Pokémon games?)

I am unsure on if an AnimatedBitmap can be generated like this though. I haven't tried it, as I hadn't started implementing the actual mechanic yet, just the backend (Tera Types, how a Terastalized pokemon's type is determined, and the colorize function).

Either way, I've attached the colorize code to this post. Sorry I couldn't help more ^^"

Attachments

• 000 Colorize Function.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 128

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Well, I'm getting it to work so far, at least the colorized bit!
1660786033395.png

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Is there any chance this'll be for v19 too? My game is still using v19.1. Can't really upgrade my game either.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
No, sorry, I'm not planning on supporting any previous versions :/
Well, that's alright. I'll try to use whatever knowledge I have to make it work in v19!

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
Even though it said you added a cursor file I still don't see a cursor_tera file. Maybe you can post an image of it.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Yep... I forgot to change the download URL to the new one. Should be all set now

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
I would suggest you should make it a ZUD Plugin compatible.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I've been keeping an eye on all the info they've revealed so far and compiling a list of things to add the next time I do a "plugged in" coding session of this, including Tera Blast and showing the Terra Type when viewing the Pokemon's Summary. Obviously we'll know everything after release, but I'll attempt to "guess" how certain things work beforehand!

Back