• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Essentials Deluxe - A multi-purpose plugin that adds mid-battle functionality among other various things.

Essentials Deluxe for v20.1
A multi-purpose plugin that aims to improve and build upon base Essentials as well as provide compatibility with other popular plugins.

xGZ7DBC.gif
xPBDzfw.gif

Overview
This plugin aims to serve two major purposes. Primarily, this is a compatibility plugin designed to support the ZUD Plugin. In fact...

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
One quick question, is it possible to make this compatible with the Name Boxes plugin by Mr. Gela? I can confirm, the plugin still works on v20.1, and it would be nice to have additional compatability to use name boxes in battle (especially since I can't seem to get names stored to variables to display...)

Lucidious89

Champion
One quick question, is it possible to make this compatible with the Name Boxes plugin by Mr. Gela? I can confirm, the plugin still works on v20.1, and it would be nice to have additional compatability to use name boxes in battle (especially since I can't seem to get names stored to variables to display...)
Don't think so. First of all, I barely understand how the message window code works in Essentials. Secondly, I don't think that plugin is designed for battle windows, just general message windows. From what I understand, they both work very differently. You'd basically need a brand new plugin just for battle windows I think.

Lucidious89

Champion

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Don't think so. First of all, I barely understand how the message window code works in Essentials. Secondly, I don't think that plugin is designed for battle windows, just general message windows. From what I understand, they both work very differently. You'd basically need a brand new plugin just for battle windows I think.
More or less what I figured, alright! Just wanted to check o7

I do wonder though if it'd be possible to get variables like the Player Name and the Rival Name to show up in the windows, since "\pn" and "\v[xxx]" don't work...

Lucidious89

Champion
More or less what I figured, alright! Just wanted to check o7

I do wonder though if it'd be possible to get variables like the Player Name and the Rival Name to show up in the windows, since "\pn" and "\v[xxx]" don't work...
Its definitely possible to get the trainer name. That already exists in the plugin, since it displays the name of the trainer during their speech. If you're trying to refer to the player/rival names though, youll probably have to set up some sort of variable for that. That's something i could keep in mind for a future update, I suppose.

Lucidious89

Champion
Looking good excited to see what the focus meter system is
Its the next one in the pipeline, its almost done. Im excited for that one in particular, because its the first plugin im releasing since v17.2 that is a completely original battle mechanic, not just something im adapting from the official games.

Lucidious89

Champion

Sonicover

Trainer
Any chance you can make this compatible with the Randomized Trainer Teams plugin?

Lucidious89

Champion
Any chance you can make this compatible with the Randomized Trainer Teams plugin?
That plugin only changes a few lines of code in the trainer data/compiler...I would basically just have to incorporate their entire plugin into mine (since mine edits the same scripts). This would basically overshadow their work, which seems like an overreach on my part. I don't want to take over other creator's entire projects, just allow compatibility with them if possible.

It would make more sense imo to ask that creator to add compatibility with Essentials Deluxe, I think, rather than the other way around.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.4 Update

Minor Update (v1.0.4)
Added some new functionality for Midbattle options:

Triggers
  • You may now add "random" to a midbattle trigger to have it trigger randomly one time. For example, "fainted_foe_random" may randomly trigger once per battle whenever a foe's Pokemon faints.
  • You may combine "repeat" and "random" with a midbattle trigger to have it repeatedly trigger at random...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
The text of the moves was black before I installed the plugin. Now they are white. I was wondering how could I change the text of the moves back to black? Thanks.
Battle Ui.png

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
I deleted the Fight Menu file and it went back to how it was. Do I need that file?
Only if you plan on using literally any other plugin I release, such as ZUD. Any file included in the Essentials Patches folder are there to provide compatibility with my other plugins.

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Only if you plan on using literally any other plugin I release, such as ZUD. Any file included in the Essentials Patches folder are there to provide compatibility with my other plugins.
I don't think I'll be using them even though they do look cool.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.5 Update

• Made various tweaks to the DEMO_SPEECH in Midbattle_Config.
  • Added animations to the demo battles found in Midbattle_Config.
  • Updated code related to the Fight Menu, Command Menu, and Databoxes in preparation for the release of the Focus Meter System plugin.
  • Changed how Trainer schema is saved so that existing schema aren't overwritten. This allows for better compatibility with other plugins.
  • Fixed a typo when determining the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back