• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Concealed

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
1lXkhOx.jpg

Concealed
Brought to you by:
Nandthesword

Made using:
RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials v20

Version: 2.1

Welcome to Concealed! A game where nothing ever goes wrong.
Presadi City is such a great place to live! We've got such a loving community, and our great leader is so charitable to all of us!
Nothing would ever go wrong in such a great place!
Such a great place.
Such a great place.
Isn't that right, Onylle?

Concealed is a game that stars Onylle, a young girl who clearly has nothing wrong with her!
She simply has to discover who she is!
Doesn't this sound like such a fun little adventure?

Notes:
-Concealed is around 10-12 hours in total
-If you find a bug, please report it in the thread! I'll do my best to fix it

Abuse, Depression, Trauma, Light Gore, Profanity, Mild Horror

1658948573527.png
1658949343401.png
1658948687681.png

1658948766037.png
1658948892778.png
1658949061735.png
1679448515030.png
1679448842780.png
1679448615691.png

1658949117913.jpeg

Game Download, Resources, and Theme Usage:
The theme of "simplicity" in Concealed is kind of vague, but I think I got my point across in a few scenes.
Onylle is trapped in Presadi City, which is a community that views the rest of the world as dangerous. They have a very strict and "simple" outlook on how they should live as a society; By hiding.
Onylle spends the game trying to run away from that toxic simplicity. And with that comes recognizing her own trauma from living in Presadi City.

Concealed Let's Plays:
HeroVoltsy

DatBoiOvader

tomix9tomix

Credits:
Game Developer:
Nandthesword

Playtesters:
Aurangzeb
Eviiocity
Cyan Koopa
iDog
Kait Porter

Ekat’s Public Gen 3 Tilesets
1. Ekat
2. Heartless Dragoon
3. Morlockhater
4. Nemu
5. Ross Hawkins
6. Pokemon Dawn
7. Slimshady
8. Thedeadheroalistar
9. The-Red-Ex
10. Vurtax
11. Zein
12. Redblueyellow
13. Fabnt
14. War8
15. Dragoon
16. Silverdeoxys563
17. SteamyJ
18. Anonalpaca
19. Pokémon Rejuvenation
20. Puggsoy
21. Aveontrainer
22. Idillio
23. Dasani
24. Shyin

Following Pokemon EX:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

Generation 8 Pack:
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

v20 Hotfixes plugin:
Maruno

Pokémon Shattered Light - Resource Pack:
Voltseon
ENLS
Tristantine The Great

Gen 4 and Gen 5 Trainers in Gen 3 overworld style:
Mashirosakura
Young-Dante

ENLS’s Pre-Looped Music Library:
ENLS
KrakerwatYT
Thundaga

Music Credits:
Music Credits:
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Celeste
Deltarune
OMORI
aka smits

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Golisopod User Rataime
help-14 Savordez
IceGod64 SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock the__end
KitsuneKouta Venom12
Lisa Anthony Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Attachments

• 1681511017303.png
    1681511017303.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 50,674
Last edited:

RoyJohnson49

Novice
Excited to try this out. I saw HeroVoltsy's playthrough of the demo and thought it looked fantastic. Can't wait to try out the completed game.

Nandthesword

Cooltrainer
Released Concealed 2.1! (If you plan on finishing the game, I would recommend downloading this bug fix lol)

-Fixed a softlock near the beginning of Chapter 6
-Changed Dusclops' evolution method to Level 45

I just finished the full game. What a beautiful story! Here are all of my thoughts:
  • The story was very well-written! Every character had a lot of depth, the story was immersive, and there were a lot of surprising twists! It definitely made me hooked, and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.
  • I enjoyed the world-building, especially through the books that told more about the region.
Thoughts on the characters:
  • Onylle: What an incredible main character. So many tragic things happened to her, but she still pulled through with optimism and with the help of her friends. You could tell she was really struggling in the first half of the game, but her character changed a lot in the second half after she visited the cave of destiny. Her sacrifice was amazing, but she deserved a peaceful life with her newfound friends. Poor Onylle. 😥

• Luke: A really great friend. Even though Onylle accidentally injured Luke, he didn't resent her at all. I loved his message to Onylle at the end.

• Ethan: I loved how Ethan could bond with Onylle since he was also from Presadi. He understood what Onylle was going through and was the first to forgive Onylle.

• Val: Val was a meanie, but I understood why she was that way. I do wish she showed a bit more sympathy for Onylle at the end... but I liked the scene at the cemetery.

• Sam: Honestly, Sam didn't really stand out compared to the others since she was the last to be introduced. But she felt like a nicer Val, and I liked that she's a gamer. 😎

• Nimici: So crazy. I hated her from beginning to end, and I'm glad you didn't give her any redemption. I did like her dialogue though, and how she got more and more insane as the game progressed.
Favourite moments:
  • Onylle running into the forest to save the kid
  • Onylle's friends supporting her after she ran away
  • Getting to know every character at Napi Descent
  • The music store scenes and how you connected the waltz disk with the credits song
  • Chapter 3! I didn't expect that ending at all!
  • The flashback to Onylle and her parents
  • Onylle apologizing to her friends
  • Onylle's sacrifice!!!
Story nitpicks:
  • I kinda hoped Onylle let Nimici live and made her sane instead with the wish, but I think making her pass away peacefully was a good decision too.
  • The battle with Luke near the end felt a little forced since they were running out of time and should've just continued to the shrine. But I understand you wanted the player to battle all of the friends at some point.
  • I wanted to know more about Onylle's relationship with her father! It seemed like her father cared for Onylle to some degree, but there was definitely conflict between the two.
  • Great variety of Pokémon. There were a lot of strong Pokémon in the early game, which was very appreciated.
  • I thought the mapping was impressive. All of the maps were super complex (especially the caves), and there were many side areas to explore and items to find. Cave of destiny was pretty tricky to get through since there were so many ledges/holes that lead back to the beginning, but it was a challenging and memorable route for sure.
  • The game was quite difficult in the first half, but it was much easier in the second.
  • I wished the routes had more than just trainers. More puzzles and story on the routes would've been good.
  • There were too many trainers, honestly! I just wanted to get to the next part of the story, so I didn't really care for the battles.
  • I loved the boss battles though, especially with the mid-battle dialogue!
  • Money was scarce, but it was good because it made me think more about what to use it on.
  • HMs were done well.
  • Ekat tiles!👌
  • The custom sprites were great!
  • I would've liked to see more non-default assets, such as the battle backs and battle UI, but it's not the end of the world.
1679719101523.png

I loved my team! There were a lot of good Pokémon choices.
Overall thoughts:
Although some of the routes felt a little long at times, the characters and plot twists kept me immersed in this compelling story. Onylle was a very well-written character supported by great side characters with distinct personalities. The story tackled pretty mature themes that were executed well.

Good job! I love narrative-driven games so this was a really enjoyable experience. If you're making another game in the future, I'll definitely be looking forward to it!👍

Nandthesword

Cooltrainer
I just finished the full game. What a beautiful story! Here are all of my thoughts:
  • The story was very well-written! Every character had a lot of depth, the story was immersive, and there were a lot of surprising twists! It definitely made me hooked, and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.
  • I enjoyed the world-building, especially through the books that told more about the region.
Thoughts on the characters:
  • Onylle: What an incredible main character. So many tragic things happened to her, but she still pulled through with optimism and with the help of her friends. You could tell she was really struggling in the first half of the game, but her character changed a lot in the second half after she visited the cave of destiny. Her sacrifice was amazing, but she deserved a peaceful life with her newfound friends. Poor Onylle. 😥

• Luke: A really great friend. Even though Onylle accidentally injured Luke, he didn't resent her at all. I loved his message to Onylle at the end.

• Ethan: I loved how Ethan could bond with Onylle since he was also from Presadi. He understood what Onylle was going through and was the first to forgive Onylle.

• Val: Val was a meanie, but I understood why she was that way. I do wish she showed a bit more sympathy for Onylle at the end... but I liked the scene at the cemetery.

• Sam: Honestly, Sam didn't really stand out compared to the others since she was the last to be introduced. But she felt like a nicer Val, and I liked that she's a gamer. 😎

• Nimici: So crazy. I hated her from beginning to end, and I'm glad you didn't give her any redemption. I did like her dialogue though, and how she got more and more insane as the game progressed.
Favourite moments:
  • Onylle running into the forest to save the kid
  • Onylle's friends supporting her after she ran away
  • Getting to know every character at Napi Descent
  • The music store scenes and how you connected the waltz disk with the credits song
  • Chapter 3! I didn't expect that ending at all!
  • The flashback to Onylle and her parents
  • Onylle apologizing to her friends
  • Onylle's sacrifice!!!
Story nitpicks:
  • I kinda hoped Onylle let Nimici live and made her sane instead with the wish, but I think making her pass away peacefully was a good decision too.
  • The battle with Luke near the end felt a little forced since they were running out of time and should've just continued to the shrine. But I understand you wanted the player to battle all of the friends at some point.
  • I wanted to know more about Onylle's relationship with her father! It seemed like her father cared for Onylle to some degree, but there was definitely conflict between the two.
  • Great variety of Pokémon. There were a lot of strong Pokémon in the early game, which was very appreciated.
  • I thought the mapping was impressive. All of the maps were super complex (especially the caves), and there were many side areas to explore and items to find. Cave of destiny was pretty tricky to get through since there were so many ledges/holes that lead back to the beginning, but it was a challenging and memorable route for sure.
  • The game was quite difficult in the first half, but it was much easier in the second.
  • I wished the routes had more than just trainers. More puzzles and story on the routes would've been good.
  • There were too many trainers, honestly! I just wanted to get to the next part of the story, so I didn't really care for the battles.
  • I loved the boss battles though, especially with the mid-battle dialogue!
  • Money was scarce, but it was good because it made me think more about what to use it on.
  • HMs were done well.
  • Ekat tiles!👌
  • The custom sprites were great!
  • I would've liked to see more non-default assets, such as the battle backs and battle UI, but it's not the end of the world.
View attachment 16839

I loved my team! There were a lot of good Pokémon choices.
Overall thoughts:
Although some of the routes felt a little long at times, the characters and plot twists kept me immersed in this compelling story. Onylle was a very well-written character supported by great side characters with distinct personalities. The story tackled pretty mature themes that were executed well.

Good job! I love narrative-driven games so this was a really enjoyable experience. If you're making another game in the future, I'll definitely be looking forward to it!👍
I can't thank you enough for finishing Concealed! It really means a lot to me.

Glad to know that you liked the story! The story is definitely the aspect I put the most time into with Concealed, so seeing it pay off is SO cool!

I loved the little moments I added in Chapter 3 in Napi Descent + the music shop so I can agree with those being in my favorite moments! I was kind of nervous about the sacrifice at the end but I think I did a good job!

yeah Luke's battle was a little forced but I think the finale made up for it. Agh it would've been cool to see more of the relationship between Onylle and her father! At the same time, I'm kinda glad that I left it a little open since it might've drawn attention away from the main conflict. Kinda on the fence about that, either or could've been cool.
ngl gameplay was a little rough but I'm getting the hang of things.

I kinda sucked at the balance for Concealed for the first two chapters bcs making those for the game jam was my first ever game lol. I'm happy with how the game balanced out after that though! I learned a little bit about game balance through this game, so I can hopefully apply it to my future projects.

I'll keep in mind to add more puzzles to the next thing I make since I LOVE making puzzles! Also so glad that I got Mid-Battle Dialogue, holy hell. It made the boss battles so fun to make and I looked forward to making them!
love ekat tiles so much omg.

I don't have much experience with changing a lot of the visuals, but I'm gonna try working on them! I've got story down, so I'm aiming to improve on my game balance and visuals.

Once again, thank you so much for playing through! I've learned a lot through Concealed, and I'm excited to improve! I'm satisfied with how well this went for my first ever complete game!

Bubblejoe49

Rookie
If you're still around, do the Pokemon that require trade to evolve now evolve through level up? Or stones? Or a item that was made in the game to make evolving traded mons possible?

Nandthesword

Cooltrainer
Just wanted to say that Concealed is officially finished and will not be updated (including fixing bugs. The current bugs in Concealed are staying)

This project was a way to represent me finishing a chapter of my life, so I've decided to leave it as is. Thanks to everyone who's played through the entire narrative and to those who decide to in the future!

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I have trouble getting through the cave on the island of hordes, can I get some hints? Sorry if it's a bother, but some people hate when the only guides available are videos...

Back