• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Automatic Level Scaling 1.5.1

Benitex

Trainer
I've seen your newest update, and I'm wondering, is it possible to put the "AUTOMATIC_EVOLUTIONS" to work just like the "UPDATE_MOVES", where you can select which battles you want to use it?
Yeah, it's a pretty simple change in the script. I'll make a small update in the script to include this and proportional_scaling.
Honestly, I just didn't include these options because I thought they would not be that useful.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Yeah, it's a pretty simple change in the script. I'll make a small update in the script to include this and proportional_scaling.
Honestly, I just didn't include these options because I thought they would not be that useful.
It is usefull to only certain specific situations, like, for example, in my game, the second gym leader uses a Flareon, but if the player goes in a very specific level it may be an eevee, and I don't want it. But your script is so good and I'm trying to adapt it to my game. Thank you so much! Also, I wanna know if you know some script for v19.1 to add level caps, I couldn't find no one.

Benitex

Trainer
It is usefull to only certain specific situations, like, for example, in my game, the second gym leader uses a Flareon, but if the player goes in a very specific level it may be an eevee, and I don't want it. But your script is so good and I'm trying to adapt it to my game. Thank you so much! Also, I wanna know if you know some script for v19.1 to add level caps, I couldn't find no one.
After a quick look, I found this. I'm not familiar with the script, but I think it should work just fine. (I don't think it would have any compatibility issues with my script too, since it's related to exp gaining and not to pokemon generation)

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
After a quick look, I found this. I'm not familiar with the script, but I think it should work just fine. (I don't think it would have any compatibility issues with my script too, since it's related to exp gaining and not to pokemon generation)
After my question i found this one and worked very well, with the only problem being rare candies because of my Gen 8 Project and I'm veeeeery bad with scripts. But thanks, and sorry to bother you!

Benitex

Trainer
I've seen your newest update, and I'm wondering, is it possible to put the "AUTOMATIC_EVOLUTIONS" to work just like the "UPDATE_MOVES", where you can select which battles you want to use it?
I've just updated the release link to include the feature you've asked for and also included a new function: AutomaticLevelScaling.setSettings(). This function is going to be used to change this kind of temporary setting instead of changing them in the difficulties. I think keeping it this way will make everything more organized.

You can read more about it in the overview section, but it basically works the same way you inserted difficulty options before, but now you can do it during the game and you don't need to create more unnecessary difficulty options.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
I've just updated the release link to include the feature you've asked for and also included a new function: AutomaticLevelScaling.setSettings(). This function is going to be used to change this kind of temporary setting instead of changing them in the difficulties. I think keeping it this way will make everything more organized.

You can read more about it in the overview section, but it basically works the same way you inserted difficulty options before, but now you can do it during the game and you don't need to create more unnecessary difficulty options.
That's very nice, and sorry if I bothered you. I didn't wanted to cause any trouble. Thanks again for your resource.

Benitex

Trainer
That's very nice, and sorry if I bothered you. I didn't wanted to cause any trouble. Thanks again for your resource.
There's nothing to be sorry about, I have learned a lot from the experience of making this script, and your questions and suggestions were a big part of all of this. I hope I can play this game you're working on in the future!

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
There's nothing to be sorry about, I have learned a lot from the experience of making this script, and your questions and suggestions were a big part of all of this. I hope I can play this game you're working on in the future!
Thanks, but i probabily won't release the game in this place or any other site. My Fangame is centered around a Small Youtube Community from a YT channel called C&D Jogos. I won't enter on details but I thank you so much for all your effort on this script.

AwesomeToadUltimate

Novice
How would this script work if say in the scenario where you want your first gym leader's Pokemon to have Water Gun if battled at about Level 13, but then a stronger move like Water Pulse at like Level 20 (though you wouldn't be able to be Level 20 unless you grinded a lot)? Or like Ancient Power on a fourth gym's Pokemon if battled at Level 32ish, but then Power Gem if battled at like Level 40. Additionally, how do I implement the script into a trainer battle? I don't see how to do it.

How would this script work if say in the scenario where you want your first gym leader's Pokemon to have Water Gun if battled at about Level 13, but then a stronger move like Water Pulse at like Level 20 (though you wouldn't be able to be Level 20 unless you grinded a lot)? Or like Ancient Power on a fourth gym's Pokemon if battled at Level 32ish, but then Power Gem if battled at like Level 40. Additionally, how do I implement the script into a trainer battle? I don't see how to do it.
From the overview post-
  • update_moves can be set to false if you don't want moves to be updated after setting the new level and stage

Benitex

Trainer
First of all, make sure your trainer variable has a valid difficulty value activated. If the trainer variable (variable 99 of RPG Maker by default, or whatever value you set it to be) is equal to 0 (which is the default value), my script is not going to activate. Just change this variable value to one of the difficulties id to activate it.

By default, the script will update moves automatically (the script will set new moves after a new level and evolution is defined, the same way Essentials does to decide which moves a trainer's pokemon will have if you don't select them manually), so you probably don't need to worry about making different trainer versions depending on player's party level.

But, if you do want to make different trainer versions according to the party levels, you'd have to do something like this:

First, make a different trainer version in your trainers.txt PBS file for each different moveset you want. I made a tutorial about this here, the only difference is that you have to set different moveset in each trainer version, instead of setting different pokemon.
After this, call the script command AutomaticLevelScaling.setSettings(update_moves: false). This will disable the feature I mentioned earlier, letting you use predefined moves.
Then, you have to set a variable value depending on the level of the player's party pokemon. Call this variable in the BattleID field of pbTrainerBattle.
Lastly call AutomaticLevelScaling.setSettings again to reset settings, use any parameters you were using before if you were using any.

In the end, it should look like this:

1653946985359.png

azmikmak

Novice
Thanks for this, it is awesome ! Makes me want to try and learn a bit of ruby :)

JayBigs

Rookie
I'm very new to using RPG Maker XP and Essentials, and when I saw your plugin my interest was high. I have installed the plugin per the instructions, but I do have a quick question: Do I have to manually set variables 99 and 100 to something specific? I'm unfamiliar if they should both change to something after installing the plugin, or if I have to do it manually. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm still in the process of learning all the ins and outs of this fun game-making process.

Benitex

Trainer
I'm very new to using RPG Maker XP and Essentials, and when I saw your plugin my interest was high. I have installed the plugin per the instructions, but I do have a quick question: Do I have to manually set variables 99 and 100 to something specific? I'm unfamiliar if they should both change to something after installing the plugin, or if I have to do it manually. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm still in the process of learning all the ins and outs of this fun game-making process.
No problem! You do have to set these variables manually to the id value of one difficulty. Everything is better detailed in the Overview of this plugin, but to simplify, just set these values to 1 if you want your game to have an easy difficulty, 2 if you want a medium difficulty, and 3 if you want a challenging difficulty.

If you want to learn more about difficulties, create new ones or ask the player to select one, read the overview page, and feel free to ask me any doubts.

JayBigs

Rookie
No problem! You do have to set these variables manually to the id value of one difficulty. Everything is better detailed in the Overview of this plugin, but to simplify, just set these values to 1 if you want your game to have an easy difficulty, 2 if you want a medium difficulty, and 3 if you want a challenging difficulty.

If you want to learn more about difficulties, create new ones or ask the player to select one, read the overview page, and feel free to ask me any doubts.
Thank you for the prompt response. I am grateful for your plugin. It takes a lot of concern about level-curve off my mind, and I look forward to implementing it.

Sonicover

Trainer
Amazing script, is making my life so much easier. Just a quick question, is there a way to prevent the script to scale down levels if they are lower than the originals in the PBS files?
So idk, if i have a trainer with a level 15 rattata and I go with a level 30 team, the rattata would scale up accordingly, but if I go with a level 5 team, the rattata stays in level 15?

Benitex

Trainer
Amazing script, is making my life so much easier. Just a quick question, is there a way to prevent the script to scale down levels if they are lower than the originals in the PBS files?
So idk, if i have a trainer with a level 15 rattata and I go with a level 30 team, the rattata would scale up accordingly, but if I go with a level 5 team, the rattata stays in level 15?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll make an update and include this feature.

Back