• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Automatic Level Scaling 1.5.1

Komari

Rookie
Partner Trainer support would be awesome. They seem to scale once, but never again. It would be even better if it was separate from the rest of the scaling in the settings so you can only have Partner Trainers scale with you.

Benitex

Trainer
Partner Trainer support would be awesome. They seem to scale once, but never again. It would be even better if it was separate from the rest of the scaling in the settings so you can only have Partner Trainers scale with you.
To be honest, I have completely forgotten about partners. I'll include these features in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion!

Benitex

Trainer
I have decided not including an option to separate the partner trainers would be better for now. But you can still enable a difficulty before setting the partners party and disable it again afterward, and you'll have the same result.

Essentials calls the same EventHandler when creating a trainer and a partner. Because of this, there's no possible way to check if the trainer is a partner when loaded without touching the original partner methods.

I don't want to change the original partner methods because they would make the plugin incompatible with others, and updating would be much harder unnecessarily. So, until Essentials includes an EventHandler exclusively to partners (if this ever happens), I won't include this option.

If you want, I can tell you the step-by-step process to change the pbRegisterPartner method and the on_trainer_load EventHandler to enable level scaling automatically. Although I think just enabling a difficulty and disabling it afterward would be much simpler than doing this whole process.

Komari

Rookie
Thanks for adding the functionality! It seems to work great. Partner Trainers really need an overhaul in general, but as you said, it's out of the scope of this plugin. This is still way better than spamming the difficulty variable on every NPC in the game.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
First I want to say that this script is awesome, this really helps me with my game because the gym battles in mine are optional and the player can battle them at a later time and this plugin alleviated the issue of having to create countless scenarios for if and when the player battled the gym leader. The only issue that I saw was that it doesn't change the trainers' pokemon to their respective forms. I have a trainer that has a Galarian Meowth, but when encountered at a higher level it evolves into a Persian instead of a Perrserker. I'm no way good with scripts, but is there a to fix this?

grogro

Cooltrainer
In fact it's only Galarian Meowth who is a problem as he evolves in a different species when being in form 2.
And I couldn't reproduce it more than once, after it worked normally

Last edited:

Benitex

Trainer
First I want to say that this script is awesome, this really helps me with my game because the gym battles in mine are optional and the player can battle them at a later time and this plugin alleviated the issue of having to create countless scenarios for if and when the player battled the gym leader. The only issue that I saw was that it doesn't change the trainers' pokemon to their respective forms. I have a trainer that has a Galarian Meowth, but when encountered at a higher level it evolves into a Persian instead of a Perrserker. I'm no way good with scripts, but is there a to fix this?
Thanks for using my script! I love seeing how many different uses people are finding.
Since evolutions are decided randomly for pokemon with multiple evolutions, pokemon with multiple forms also have their evolutions decided randomly. I'll try to include in the script a way to see in which form the pokemon was first defined and post an update fixing this issue.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
Thanks for using my script! I love seeing how many different uses people are finding.
Since evolutions are decided randomly for pokemon with multiple evolutions, pokemon with multiple forms also have their evolutions decided randomly. I'll try to include in the script a way to see in which form the pokemon was first defined and post an update
I realized it after looking in the scripts that it pulls random evolution. I'm not good with scripting and didn't want to mess with all your hard work. I appreciate the help and will be looking forward to the update as this will change my game entirely.

grogro

Cooltrainer
I'm actually updating this part of my tutorial. You forgot Pumpkaboo with their différent sizes and Burmy's forms.

Last edited:

Benitex

Trainer
I'm actually updating this part of my tutorial. You forgot Pumpkaboo with their différent sizes and Burmy's forms.
Thanks for remembering me, but I don't think having every single pokemon with alternative forms in the array would be necessary. I think people should insert them if they need them in a specific form, otherwise, variety and randomness can make the battle funnier IMO. Anyway, I added these and some others in the release.

AskipLudo

Rookie
Hello, is it possible to add more "DEFAULT_X_EVOLUTION_LEVEL" ? or it's useless

Benitex

Trainer
Hello, is it possible to add more "DEFAULT_X_EVOLUTION_LEVEL" ? or it's useless
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you want to change the values of first_evolution_level or second_evolution_level for a specific trainer or group of trainers during the game, you can call AutomaticLevelScaling.setSettings(first_evolution_level: level) in an event and call it again later to revert the changes.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity

Benitex

Trainer
I finally got around to updating this awesome plugin, but it still won't allow Galarian Meowth to evolve into the correct form, I tried on 3 different battles in a row and it gave my original Persian. Is there something I'm doing wrong to not allow this to work? Please help, thank you.
Oh, sorry about that, I messed things up when I was adding other features. I updated the download link to include the fix.

Benitex

Trainer
If you are using v19, I did not include the galarian meowth code, because v19 did not include gen 8 pokemon natively. If you're using Generation 8 Project or implemented them yourself, you can change this code, starting at line 101 of 003_Script.rb:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if form >= evolutions.length  # regional form
    pokemon.species = evolutions[0][0]
    pokemon.setForm(form)
else                          # regional evolution
    pokemon.species = evolutions[form][0]
end

to this one, and it should work properly:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if !pokemon.isSpecies?(:MEOWTH)
    if form >= evolutions.length  # regional form
        pokemon.setForm(form)
    else                          # regional evolution
        pokemon.species = evolutions[form][0]
    end

else  # Meowth has two possible evolutions and a regional form depending on its origin region
    if form == 0 || form == 1
        pokemon.setForm(form)
    else
        pokemon.species = evolutions[1][0]
    end
end

The same applies to new regional evolutions, if there's no alternative base form, you'll have to change the code to work around the new regional forms.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
Thank you that worked! You're awesome. Side note I don't know if your plugin is affecting it, but I have deerling in my game a noticed it doesn't change with the seasons. I've been looking in various scripts to see ehat the issue is but couldn't find anything.

Benitex

Trainer
Thank you that worked! You're awesome. Side note I don't know if your plugin is affecting it, but I have deerling in my game a noticed it doesn't change with the seasons. I've been looking in various scripts to see ehat the issue is but couldn't find anything.
Thanks for the compliments again. Check if deerling is included in the POKEMON_WITH_REGIONAL_FORMS array of your Settings file, if it is, the problem is probably with another script.

Back