• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Lost Power

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Screen01.png

Download
Made Using
Pokémon Essentials v19.1 and RPG Maker XP
Screens1.png

Team
Ace Gamer Andy - Everything
Maurili - Mapper
Summary
Two kids who live in the Hau'oli Outskirts get chosen to be in the Salvation
Initiative by Orckot in the Crimson Project. The power goes out
in the whole Alola Region so they must venture to the Lost Island to get
3 gems to capture Zeraora and regain power to the Alola Region.
Screens2.png

Resource Pack
Here
Exterior Tileset: Alistair, leParagon, Neffertity, AceGamerAndy

Interior Tileset: MewTheMega Kyle-Dove Magiscarf Pablus94 Princess Phoenix
Zeo254 Alistair, Ace Gamer Andy

Cave Tileset: kymotonian speeddialga spacemotion alucus pokemon.diamond
kizemaru.kurunosuke epicday thurpok ultimospriter dewitty minorthreat0987
tyranitardark princelegendario

Music, Edited OW Sprites, and Edited Trainer Sprites: AceGamerAndy

Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62,
TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X,
2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H,
Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty,
Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer

Hau'oli City Map: Maurili

New Chapter Sound Effect and Event commands: from Littleroot Researchers by Kenny

Keypad Script: by Orion for Pokemon Ends 2

Kukui Overworld Sprite: Wolfang62

Kukui Trainer Sprite: Beliot419

ZUD Plugin 1.2: Lucidious89

Autosave: Caruban

BW Party/Summary Screens: DeepBlue PacificWaves, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User,
Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela,

DiegoWT's Starter Selection: DiegoWT

Elite Battle DX: Luka S.J.,Maruno,Marin,Pokecheck.org,PinkCatDragon,Tebited15,
BadSamaritan,WolfPP,redblueyellow,Damien,Issei Hyoudou,Nasasu,luckygirl88

Luka's Scripting Utilities: Luka S.J.

Marin's Map Exporter: Marin

Marin's Scripting Utilities: Marin

Modular Title Screen: Luka S.J.

Modular Quest System:
mej71 - the underlying quest system uses a lot of mej71's original quest system script for earlier versions of Pokémon Essentials (https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/80/)
derFischae - updating mej71's quest system script for v17.2 and v18/18.1 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429037)
Marin - I took inspiration for some of the UI components from Marin's Easy Questing Interface (https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/62/)
ThatWelshOne_ - upgrading and reworking the quest data entry and UI

Terrain Step Sounds: Enurta, gameguy, Ikaro

19.1 Hotfixes: Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu: Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

ZUD Plugin:
-Z-Move Credits-
Base Script (v16.2): Marcello
Additional Credits (v16.2): Zumi, Ice Cream Sand Witch, Amethyst, Jan, Sardines, Inuki
Adaptation to Essentials v18.1: StCooler
Adaptation to Essentials v19.1: Lucidious89

-Ultra Burst Credits-
Base Script (v17.2): WolfPP
Adaptation to Essentials v18.1: Lucidious89, StCooler

-Dynamax Credits-
Original Tutorial (v17.2): Fauno

-Max Raid Credits-
Original Scripts (v17.2): Lucidious89

-Dynamax Adventures Credits-
Original Scripts (v19.1): Lucidious89

-Graphic Credits-
Official Item/Pokemon Icons: Game Freak
Gigantamax Pokemon Sprites: Contributors to Smogon's Sword/Shield Sprite Project

-Audio Credits-
All audio files: Game Freak

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy & MiDas Mike
Brother1440 & Near Fantastica
FL. & PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami & Popper
Golisopod User & Rataime
help-14 & Savordez
IceGod64 & SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock & the__end
KitsuneKouta & Venom12
Lisa Anthony & Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!
Plot Point: Technical Difficulties
Key Character: Father Figure

Last edited:

Ickle

Trainer
Hey loved your other games so I'm sure I'll love this one but I have the same problem I had in pokemon ends 2 where the inside of buildings don't load
fuck.png

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hey loved your other games so I'm sure I'll love this one but I have the same problem I had in pokemon ends 2 where the inside of buildings don't loadView attachment 9121
Thanks for telling me this! I'm fixing the problem asap, for real this time, and now that I think I know the problem I'll probably be able to fix Ends 2 soon! Expect 1.1 soon and it'll fix this, hopefully.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.1 is out and may be edited if it doesn't work!
Bug Hopefully Fixed: Interior tilesets should load now since people were having a problem with them. Please reply if they're still not working.

Well I finished the game, and I'll say the thing I feel like I always say with your games, what an improvement!
You always blow me away with how you improve in such a short period of time. So much in here felt like a massive improvement from Ends 2.

The mapping was a massive improvement, it feels like night and day comparing these maps to Ends 2. In particular I really liked the cave map, and the city map. However the big forest map did feel like it could've been improved a bit, it felt like a big maze with lots of grass, and not much else to keep it interesting. But I completely get how the time limit affects stuff like this. And it doesn't take away from the fact that you made some great maps. Also all the interiors were super nice, I really liked the factory.

Writing was great, once again it feels so different from Ends 2, I really enjoyed nearly all of the dialogue. It felt kinda fun and campy at times, but in a good and funny way. Like the stuff in that one house in particular was kind of absurd, but also just kinda fun. The NPC dialogue was actually stellar, this is the part that really blew me away. Random NPCs in your home town referred to you by your name, it made your home town feel actually homey, like these were people who knew you. I loved it. And also the whole thing with the blackbelt whopping your ass, but then rematching him not soon after felt quite nice. There was a lot of good writing in this game.

However, there was one part that felt kinda out of place. I understand that all your past games have been somewhat dark and serious, but this game was more on the light hearted side and I kind of enjoyed that, so when the speech from Akechi in the forest came, it felt rather out of place. At the drop of a hat the game went in on some pretty dark themes that didn't feel like it fit with everything that came beforehand. However, in that speech I really liked the Magikarp bit, that hit me in the feels a bit and I was like "ooohhhh".

I also really enjoyed the flavour text, however I felt it disappeared and got a bit inconsistent towards the end of the game. For example, there is some new dialogue when you revisit the big city, like with the shady man, but at the same time people at the cafe are still talking about eating in the dark when it is clearly light now. Maybe a time thing, or maybe it is because there were less things for you to interact with towards the end, but yeah, just a small note. And just a few last small notes

-EXP All was a good choice
-Title Screen and it's music was really awesome, like damn I just sat there a bit listening to it. I love that you are having fun composing so much, and it is paying off
-The custom text boxes are really cool, a very nice touch

Suggestions:
-This game lacked items a fair bit, you don't find too many by exploring, some more sprinkled around as well having a shop somewhere would be nice
-The factory was fun, and I liked having to get the 3 stones, but I think there was 1 too many workers to battle. I think just 1 less would've been nice.
-And similar to the shop suggestion, having a PC around would be nice so you can mess with your team a bit more

But yeah just to sum it up, I'm super impressed, this was a great game, and I think you should be proud! Keep it up! I look forward to what you make next, your games are reaching a good quality now, so be proud!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Well I finished the game, and I'll say the thing I feel like I always say with your games, what an improvement!
You always blow me away with how you improve in such a short period of time. So much in here felt like a massive improvement from Ends 2.

The mapping was a massive improvement, it feels like night and day comparing these maps to Ends 2. In particular I really liked the cave map, and the city map. However the big forest map did feel like it could've been improved a bit, it felt like a big maze with lots of grass, and not much else to keep it interesting. But I completely get how the time limit affects stuff like this. And it doesn't take away from the fact that you made some great maps. Also all the interiors were super nice, I really liked the factory.

Writing was great, once again it feels so different from Ends 2, I really enjoyed nearly all of the dialogue. It felt kinda fun and campy at times, but in a good and funny way. Like the stuff in that one house in particular was kind of absurd, but also just kinda fun. The NPC dialogue was actually stellar, this is the part that really blew me away. Random NPCs in your home town referred to you by your name, it made your home town feel actually homey, like these were people who knew you. I loved it. And also the whole thing with the blackbelt whopping your ass, but then rematching him not soon after felt quite nice. There was a lot of good writing in this game.

However, there was one part that felt kinda out of place. I understand that all your past games have been somewhat dark and serious, but this game was more on the light hearted side and I kind of enjoyed that, so when the speech from Akechi in the forest came, it felt rather out of place. At the drop of a hat the game went in on some pretty dark themes that didn't feel like it fit with everything that came beforehand. However, in that speech I really liked the Magikarp bit, that hit me in the feels a bit and I was like "ooohhhh".

I also really enjoyed the flavour text, however I felt it disappeared and got a bit inconsistent towards the end of the game. For example, there is some new dialogue when you revisit the big city, like with the shady man, but at the same time people at the cafe are still talking about eating in the dark when it is clearly light now. Maybe a time thing, or maybe it is because there were less things for you to interact with towards the end, but yeah, just a small note. And just a few last small notes

-EXP All was a good choice
-Title Screen and it's music was really awesome, like damn I just sat there a bit listening to it. I love that you are having fun composing so much, and it is paying off
-The custom text boxes are really cool, a very nice touch

Suggestions:
-This game lacked items a fair bit, you don't find too many by exploring, some more sprinkled around as well having a shop somewhere would be nice
-The factory was fun, and I liked having to get the 3 stones, but I think there was 1 too many workers to battle. I think just 1 less would've been nice.
-And similar to the shop suggestion, having a PC around would be nice so you can mess with your team a bit more

But yeah just to sum it up, I'm super impressed, this was a great game, and I think you should be proud! Keep it up! I look forward to what you make next, your games are reaching a good quality now, so be proud!
Just commenting on a couple of your points! Thanks for playing the game though and giving your feedback!
I can’t take credit for the Hau’oli City map since it was mapped by Maurili and all I did was very minor edits to it.
I agree with you for Akechi’s speech in the forest, I understand how that can feel completely out of left field with what happens before it. The thing is I set up a mystery around the characters in their house and some NPCs in the city that I felt I needed to say what happened and I also wanted to tell a story of redemption, of evolving into better people hence the Magikarp.

I’m glad you enjoyed the writing and mapping, and even liked it enough to call it a great game. It means a lot that I’ve come before, I like to think of Ends 2 as the awkward teenage phase between this and Ends. I hope I continue to improve and get better and who knows what the future will bring!

NurseEthi

Novice
Looks like I encountered either a bug or some kind of mishap where I think the game autosaved while I was getting the
Secret Ending where after I tried to restart the game after being arrested, it looked like I was looped in an infinite never to play again. When I tried starting a new game, I was trapped in the Intro map and it would try to send me back to the game start screen.

I also can not find my game.rxdata file to delete it and try to treat it as a fresh experience, which has me several levels of concerned. I tried loading it up in RPG Maker XP and got the following error.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File No such file or directory @ dir_chdir - Plugins not found.

Backtrace:
019:FileTests:11:in `chdir'
019:FileTests:11:in `get'
008:PluginManager:546:in `listAll'
008:PluginManager:601:in `getPluginOrder'
008:PluginManager:677:in `runPlugins'
376:Main:27:in `mainFunctionDebug'
376:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
376:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
376:Main:44:in `block in <main>'

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Looks like I encountered either a bug or some kind of mishap where I think the game autosaved while I was getting the
Secret Ending where after I tried to restart the game after being arrested, it looked like I was looped in an infinite never to play again. When I tried starting a new game, I was trapped in the Intro map and it would try to send me back to the game start screen.

I also can not find my game.rxdata file to delete it and try to treat it as a fresh experience, which has me several levels of concerned.
Have you tried closing the game and reopening it? And if that doesn’t work for then just redowbnload the game. But yeah I’m thinking of getting rid of auto save because of things like this.

Yuuki1

Rookie
Anyone know where the game.rxdata file is? i'm stuck in an endless loop and can't start a new game, redownloading the game doesn't work either.

parallel_noob

CharizardSUCKS
Hmmm, I guess I'll add this to the list of Pokemon games to play after I complete Soulstones

Will_or_Mike

Novice
Sooo I just downloaded the new version annd it still doesn't work
View attachment 9135
it happened to me too, I think we have to back to 1.0.0 'cause I don't really know what to do

Version 1.1 is out and may be edited if it doesn't work!
Bug Hopefully Fixed: Interior tilesets should load now since people were having a problem with them. Please reply if they're still not working.
it happened to me too, the 1.1.0 fix doesn't work, sorry

Dragon 77

Rookie
So, what's the latest news on this Fan Game?

and do you guys have a Discord?

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
So, what's the latest news on this Fan Game?

and do you guys have a Discord?
The latest news for Lost Power is that it's done, all the bugs that did appear I felt were very minimal and I was too busy to fix the ones that were there. I've also just been focusing on future projects and working on more. This game does not have a Discord but one fan game I'm working on outside of a Jam named True Destiny does and a second chapter is coming out soon. Here's the link to True Destiny's discord: https://discord.gg/cuGU9ynfdD

Dragon 77

Rookie
The latest news for Lost Power is that it's done, all the bugs that did appear I felt were very minimal and I was too busy to fix the ones that were there. I've also just been focusing on future projects and working on more. This game does not have a Discord but one fan game I'm working on outside of a Jam named True Destiny does and a second chapter is coming out soon. Here's the link to True Destiny's discord: https://discord.gg/cuGU9ynfdD
what do you mean by it's done?

Back