• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Dark

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Jun 30, 2023
logo7_textwisps.png

- A Pokémon Essentials Fangame by Eclipse Studios -
Demo Available!

Welcome to the Eiras Region!

mapRegion0.PNG
Promo1.png

IMG_6010.png

Set in the mysterious Eiras Region (based on Ireland) , is a land of myth and legends. Journey through Orchards, Swamps, Volcanos and Forests as you bid to become Eiras Pokemon Champion!

THE STORY

After recently moving to the Eiras Region, you awake on your 11th birthday with your Mum and Dad gifting you your Eiras Trainer Pack, containing your Pokedex. However, your Dad forgot to pickup your first starter Pokemon. After he leaves to head back to the Pokemon Lab, he does not return within a reasonable time. Professor Alder arrives with the Pokemon your dad should have collected...

THE CHARACTERS

all_2 (1).png

Patrick/Patricia

You have recently moved to Flora Town, a small quaint village on Raithleann Island. After turning 11, your Pokemon adventure in Eiras is about to begin!

IMG_20210417_160814_433.png

Michael

Your neighbour Michael, has been living in Flora Town for his entire life. With you moving in, and him being a few days away from turning 11, he is enthuastic to help you with your journey.

Team Eclipse

To be revealed...

Starter Pokémon
904.png
907.png
901.png

Tinrig, Droot and Wiccub!

FEATURES

New Region with engaging story, lore and traditional Pokemon formula.
100+ New Pokémon!
New V-Forme Pokemon - Switch Forms, moves and abilities at will!
Online Battling and Trading!
Nuzlocke and Randomizer Modes
Challenging Difficulty
8 Pokemon Gyms
Battle Tower and Postgame storyline
Sunburst Realms - Unlock the power of the mysterious Eclipse Orb.
Multiple Save Files

SCREENSHOTS

[2021-07-30] 10_06_40.874.png
chill.gif
[2021-08-09] 21_42_01.921.png

226554868_115133010756930_6785754195005764089_n.png
grotto.gif
shrine.gif
2022-01-20_22_51_05.357.png

RELEASE

Google Drive Download (DarkLauncher v1.0)
Run DarkLauncher.exe to Install

LETS PLAYS

XatumiKO (Demo v0.3)

Older:

Galactic Gaming (Full Demo v0.2.36)

CREDITS

Team Eclipse

Rua
zQuinn97
jDonaghy94
GaZa L
Charlie
Klefastra
Spoon
pixozio
SourInkSoda
Midarlarsupl
@owen_glennon
@loukjacko
Antiant
JPA93
Galacta

Pokemon Essentials

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Plugins

ThatWelshOne_
DiegoWT
Luka S.J.
Golisopod User
Vendily
Bonzeet
Marin
WolfPP
Tommaniacal
Lucidious89
Weibrot
Kobi2604
Dirkriptide
Ploaj
Mr. Gela
Shashu-Greninja
DeepBlue PacificWaves
CharizardThree
LostSoulsDev / carmaniac
PurpleZaffre
Tustin2121
Rose
Caruban
mej71
TechSkylander1518
mGriffin
Khaikaa
Jonas930
Amethyst
Kurotsune
ENLS
raZ
Nuri Yuri
derFischae
Ulithium_Dragon
bo4p5687
Voltseon

Music
Spoon
Barry Taylor
Carolan

EBDX:
Luka S.J., Maruno, Marin, Pokecheck.org, PinkCatDragon, Tebited15, BadSamaritan, WolfPP, redblueyellow, Damien, Issei Hyoudou, Nasasu, luckygirl88

Following Pokémon EX:
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Amrin (Fairies Resource Pack)

Graphics

scontrino
J-Treeko
WesleyFG
mew4
princess-phoenix
Kyledove
KingTapir
Peeky
soxaRSK
@cozmic_fakemon
@drew.fkmn
@brastoregion
@i_aliart

RECRUITING:

Let me know if you are interested in the following positions:

Spriters
UI Designers
Scripters
Composers

SOCIALS

NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER

Pokémon Dark has been a passion project since December 2020, a lot of solo time and effort has gone into this project. Development may take multiple years. I have worked on and off other projects throughout with the alias PokemonPlatnum for the last 13 years. It feels great to finally have a playable release of a fangame.​

Last edited:

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
We are so happy to announce that Pokémon Dark will include a whole new generation of Pokémon!

With the kind generosity and help of @owen_glennon and @loukjacko we will be using their Nasar Region Pokédex within our game! These Pokémon are celtic themed and fit perfectly into this game.

Here is a preview of some of the Pokémon you will see on your adventure:

Promo1.png

Shobani, the static pokemon
Type : Electric

Dex: When running, their feet produce static that builds up, being used to power up attacks. Despite their adorable appearance, they're rather scrappy in combat

Nivoc, the axe tail pokemon
Type : Normal / Poison

Dex : Being small and fragile, they have to rely on their back pattern to scare away predators. The sting produced from its tail is capable of poisoning even the strongest of opponents

Snorunt, the hiding pokemon
Type : Grass / Psychic

Dex : Hidden in the forest, they are very shy around other Pokémon. They use the psychic powers from their gem to misguide Pokémon away from then

The demo that will be released on Saturday will not include these Pokémon, they will be added in a future update. Any starter you select in the demo will grant you a Lvl. 5 Egg of the same typed Eiras Region Starter when they are added to the game.

Artist Credits:

@cozmic_fakemon
@drew.fkmn
@brastoregion
@i_aliart

Last edited:

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Hi guys,

The Demo is available to download for PC below! Run DarkLauncher.exe to Install.

Please report any bugs or feedback on the game here (https://forms.gle/Rco6g93nsVtEokfZ8) or on the Discord.

I really hope you enjoy!

Known Issues

Screenshots (F8) Crash the game
Trainers may send out wrong Ace Pokémon

Lucifer

Fallen1
This game looks dope but "future save compatibility is not guaranteed" kinda turned me off.
I'm not a start-over-with-each-update person. I'm more comfortable waiting for guaranteed save compatibility.
Looking forward to trying this game out though.

Reactions: Rua

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
This game looks dope but "future save compatibility is not guaranteed" kinda turned me off.
I'm not a start-over-with-each-update person. I'm more comfortable waiting for guaranteed save compatibility.
Looking forward to trying this game out though.
Yeah more of a safety precaution to avoid any grief incase something changes that affects saves further down the line.

No updates to date have affected save compatibility and should be compatible through all the updates but I just can't be 100% sure.

Hope you get a chance to play!

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
v0.2.374 - Final Demo Update

This will be the last larger bug fixing update until the Fakémon are added to the game, this will also allow me to start full time development on this update.

Bug Fixes and Changes
  • Rare issue in which Pokémon has a glitched EXP status fixed
  • Updated sprites for Eclipse, thanks @Klefastra

On that note, I hope you have enjoyed the demo so far. I have already made some changes to the start of the game so can't wait for you to try those. Adding Fakémon will take some time but I hope we can get something to you all by the end of March.

With that said, here is some things that we are working on!

901.png
904.png

Lucifer

Fallen1
Yeah more of a safety precaution to avoid any grief incase something changes that affects saves further down the line.

No updates to date have affected save compatibility and should be compatible through all the updates but I just can't be 100% sure.

Hope you get a chance to play!
Good to know. That sounds pretty promising.

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Started playing this today, and so far, it seems very interesting... Haven't gotten to the end of the demo yet, but I definitely wanna know more, plotwise~

I do have something of a harmless bug to report, though - or, I think it's a bug - applin's follow sprite appears to be facing the wrong way. It follows you tail-first when you move left and right, even though the 'up' and 'down' directions imply its tail is behind you.

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Started playing this today, and so far, it seems very interesting... Haven't gotten to the end of the demo yet, but I definitely wanna know more, plotwise~

I do have something of a harmless bug to report, though - or, I think it's a bug - applin's follow sprite appears to be facing the wrong way. It follows you tail-first when you move left and right, even though the 'up' and 'down' directions imply its tail is behind you.
Thanks for playing!

Ah no worries, that should be fixed in an upcoming update. Thanks for reporting it!

Feel free to report bugs on the Discord as well, in case you find anymore!

I'll also leave some information on the new Grass starter below!

#901 Wiccub
Grass Type
"The Badger Pokémon"

"When this pokemon plays with others, its ranks itself stronger than the rest, despite not being able to use magic. When reminded they can't use magic, they get very aggressive."

901.png

We are hard at work spriting for the Fakemon update, please let me know on Discord Rua#2787 if you can lend a hand.

Last edited:

16Gabs

Trainer
Hello =)
I can't download the game.
The launcher says "unable to download. Exception during solicition of WebClient" or something like this (I'm translating it from my language).
Any tips?

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Hello =)
I can't download the game.
The launcher says "unable to download. Exception during solicition of WebClient" or something like this (I'm translating it from my language).
Any tips?
Hmm I've not heard of this error.

You can try clicking the Settings Cog on the Launcher which should have a button called Recover Game. You could try that? I tested the launcher myself there now and seemed to download the game fine.

16Gabs

Trainer
Still no luck. It just closes on itself. =/
Is the launcher the only way to download it?

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Still no luck. It just closes on itself. =/
Is the launcher the only way to download it?

You should be able to find the latest one at the top as a zip file. Obviously you won't get any updates or be able to use multiple saves with this method but hopefully you can at least play!

16Gabs

Trainer
Heyo
The game's been really fun ^^
I don't know if this was updated (since I can't seen to use the launcher), but here's some stuff I found:

Poke_Dark-01.PNG

I can't use poke centers - at first I thought it was just the first one, but the second city also displays the same error.

Anyway, I'll keep playing.
Take care ^^

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Heyo
The game's been really fun ^^
I don't know if this was updated (since I can't seen to use the launcher), but here's some stuff I found:

View attachment 8517

I can't use poke centers - at first I thought it was just the first one, but the second city also displays the same error.

Anyway, I'll keep playing.
Take care ^^
Glad you are enjoying it!

I have not heard reports on this error. Where are the game files stored on your computer, and are you the administrative user on your PC?

Also it could be you have some of the game files open on your computer or your antivirus is causing issues as well.

Last edited:

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
A new screenshot of what we are working on!

2022-01-20_22_51_05.357.png

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Hi guys - currently we are still looking for sprite artists! Please get in contact if you are interested in helping. With that in mind - here is our new Ledyba line!

165_1.png
166_1.png
924.png

Ledyba, Ledian and Ledysage!

Eiras From Ledian evolves into Ledysage at level 37 and learns the unique move Cavalry Order.

"The user absorbs energy and sharply raises its Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats on the next turn."

Until the next time!

SumpBeast

Rookie
Hi the only issue I have noticed on my side before reaching the end of the demo (which arrived way too soon because I was hooked as fk with the plot is the with Zorua pokemon ability Illusion to appear as another pokemon is when you have Zorua as the 1st of your team it still appear as Zorua when battling but only the name changes for the last pokemon of your team until you get attacked (not a big issue but still is a thing)

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
promo12.png

It's release time!

Launcher Download: (not needed if already have it)

Patch Notes:
Reworked Introduction
Caught Pokémon have Player Move Effectiveness revealed
New Character Sprites and Graphics
Cloud Reflections in Water
Added more foliage
New Route + Pokémon Day Care
Updated Soundfont (Old can be found in Audio Folder if wish to change it)
Brand new music
Updated V-Onix Graphics
Added new Pokémon to the game
Updated Trainers, Quests and Dialogue to reference the new Pokémon
Updated Legend Cutscene
New Pokéball Animations
Town Map updated to display correct names
NPC to trade new starter in Day Care if using an older save file
Added Berry Pick sound effect
Updated strange Following Pokémon Behaviour
Updated all plugins to fix various bugs that they had
Code for new Signature Moves and Abilities