• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Dark

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Jun 30, 2023
logo7_textwisps.png

- A Pokémon Essentials Fangame by Eclipse Studios -
Demo Available!

Welcome to the Eiras Region!

mapRegion0.PNG
Promo1.png

IMG_6010.png

Set in the mysterious Eiras Region (based on Ireland) , is a land of myth and legends. Journey through Orchards, Swamps, Volcanos and Forests as you bid to become Eiras Pokemon Champion!

THE STORY

After recently moving to the Eiras Region, you awake on your 11th birthday with your Mum and Dad gifting you your Eiras Trainer Pack, containing your Pokedex. However, your Dad forgot to pickup your first starter Pokemon. After he leaves to head back to the Pokemon Lab, he does not return within a reasonable time. Professor Alder arrives with the Pokemon your dad should have collected...

THE CHARACTERS

all_2 (1).png

Patrick/Patricia

You have recently moved to Flora Town, a small quaint village on Raithleann Island. After turning 11, your Pokemon adventure in Eiras is about to begin!

IMG_20210417_160814_433.png

Michael

Your neighbour Michael, has been living in Flora Town for his entire life. With you moving in, and him being a few days away from turning 11, he is enthuastic to help you with your journey.

Team Eclipse

To be revealed...

Starter Pokémon
904.png
907.png
901.png

Tinrig, Droot and Wiccub!

FEATURES

New Region with engaging story, lore and traditional Pokemon formula.
100+ New Pokémon!
New V-Forme Pokemon - Switch Forms, moves and abilities at will!
Online Battling and Trading!
Nuzlocke and Randomizer Modes
Challenging Difficulty
8 Pokemon Gyms
Battle Tower and Postgame storyline
Sunburst Realms - Unlock the power of the mysterious Eclipse Orb.
Multiple Save Files

SCREENSHOTS

[2021-07-30] 10_06_40.874.png
chill.gif
[2021-08-09] 21_42_01.921.png

226554868_115133010756930_6785754195005764089_n.png
grotto.gif
shrine.gif
2022-01-20_22_51_05.357.png

RELEASE

Google Drive Download (DarkLauncher v1.0)
Run DarkLauncher.exe to Install

LETS PLAYS

XatumiKO (Demo v0.3)

Older:

Galactic Gaming (Full Demo v0.2.36)

CREDITS

Team Eclipse

Rua
zQuinn97
jDonaghy94
GaZa L
Charlie
Klefastra
Spoon
pixozio
SourInkSoda
Midarlarsupl
@owen_glennon
@loukjacko
Antiant
JPA93
Galacta

Pokemon Essentials

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Plugins

ThatWelshOne_
DiegoWT
Luka S.J.
Golisopod User
Vendily
Bonzeet
Marin
WolfPP
Tommaniacal
Lucidious89
Weibrot
Kobi2604
Dirkriptide
Ploaj
Mr. Gela
Shashu-Greninja
DeepBlue PacificWaves
CharizardThree
LostSoulsDev / carmaniac
PurpleZaffre
Tustin2121
Rose
Caruban
mej71
TechSkylander1518
mGriffin
Khaikaa
Jonas930
Amethyst
Kurotsune
ENLS
raZ
Nuri Yuri
derFischae
Ulithium_Dragon
bo4p5687
Voltseon

Music
Spoon
Barry Taylor
Carolan

EBDX:
Luka S.J., Maruno, Marin, Pokecheck.org, PinkCatDragon, Tebited15, BadSamaritan, WolfPP, redblueyellow, Damien, Issei Hyoudou, Nasasu, luckygirl88

Following Pokémon EX:
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Amrin (Fairies Resource Pack)

Graphics

scontrino
J-Treeko
WesleyFG
mew4
princess-phoenix
Kyledove
KingTapir
Peeky
soxaRSK
@cozmic_fakemon
@drew.fkmn
@brastoregion
@i_aliart

RECRUITING:

Let me know if you are interested in the following positions:

Spriters
UI Designers
Scripters
Composers

SOCIALS

NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER

Pokémon Dark has been a passion project since December 2020, a lot of solo time and effort has gone into this project. Development may take multiple years. I have worked on and off other projects throughout with the alias PokemonPlatnum for the last 13 years. It feels great to finally have a playable release of a fangame.​

Last edited:

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Is there any way to play the game on mobile?
Not at the moment, typically JoiPlay can be used on Android but it's not working with the version of Pokémon Essentials I'm using. Hopefully soon

16Gabs

Trainer
Just wanted to say I fixed my problem and was able to play the game normally, launcher and all.

It's a really good game! The fakemon are really good, the sprites are well made and the moves make sense and are balanced enough.
I finished the 2nd gym now and will be waiting for updates =)

Reactions: Rua

Zufaix

Rookie
JoiPlay now works btw, just download their latest version from patreon!
How exactly did you get it to work if I might ask? I tried it earlier with the latest builds and it just says "This game type is not supported".

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
How exactly did you get it to work if I might ask? I tried it earlier with the latest builds and it just says "This game type is not supported".
What way did you download the game? I think you need the game files not the launcher.exe to play. You can get the files for each update here:

XatumiKO

Novice
Hey, played your fan game and shared it over on my youtube channel! Was a huge hit and we are all very much looking forward to the continuation of this amazing game! Let me know if there is anything you need help with such as testing/etc. If you want some more feedback on the game, here is the original video where I featured it on my channel! Cheers!

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Hey, played your fan game and shared it over on my youtube channel! Was a huge hit and we are all very much looking forward to the continuation of this amazing game! Let me know if there is anything you need help with such as testing/etc. If you want some more feedback on the game, here is the original video where I featured it on my channel! Cheers!

Thanks so much! I already addedyour video to the post!

If you are interested in testing I would be interested, please message me on Discord :)

PokeDJ

Rookie
So idk if this is a pokemon planned or something but while i was using an oddish to sweet scent i found a pokemon named exteon (i made it so that statics are random) also at what level does tyrouge evolve?

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
So idk if this is a pokemon planned or something but while i was using an oddish to sweet scent i found a pokemon named exteon (i made it so that statics are random) also at what level does tyrouge evolve?
Huh that's a wierd bug! I'll have to check that out, what route was it? It is a planned eeveelution haha so not sure how that happened

Level 30 same methods as regular Tyrogue

PokeDJ

Rookie
Huh that's a wierd bug! I'll have to check that out, what route was it? It is a planned eeveelution haha so not sure how that happened

Level 30 same methods as regular Tyrogue
I was using sweet scent with statics random so maybe that was why not really sure tough also thanks for telling how to evolve tyrouge

Btw it was shellside town and it had no weakness

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Ah ok cool! Yeah if random encounters are on some Pokémon have been coded but don't have sprites. Enjoy the early preview though!

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Nope, i think the dev maybe busy with real life
any news on future updates?
Hi both,

Yes the game is still being developed - just at a massively reduced pace (just was writing up my PhD thesis over the last year and have my exam in March).

The next update will include the next gym, some new Pokémon and lots of new areas to discover. We are working with artists at the moment to fill in the rest of the OW sprites over time as well.

Thanks for supporting the game !

safr

Elite Trainer
Hi both,

Yes the game is still being developed - just at a massively reduced pace (just was writing up my PhD thesis over the last year and have my exam in March).

The next update will include the next gym, some new Pokémon and lots of new areas to discover. We are working with artists at the moment to fill in the rest of the OW sprites over time as well.

Thanks for supporting the game !
It's okay, take your time, that's is pretty important matter so don't worry and stay healthy

Severain113377

Rookie
Hello, I have been enjoying the game so far but I have a question. It says multiple save files are possible but when I try to start a new one it says I must overwrite the last save. Is this feature not available yet or am I doing something wrong? I also could nt find the path to where the save was actually located.

Rua

Pokémon Dark Dev
Hello, I have been enjoying the game so far but I have a question. It says multiple save files are possible but when I try to start a new one it says I must overwrite the last save. Is this feature not available yet or am I doing something wrong? I also could nt find the path to where the save was actually located.
Hi there, in the Launcher you can click the settings cog and select a different save slot.

The save data is stored at User/AppData/Roaming/Pokémon Dark

Thanks for enjoying the game!

Back