• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Twilight: Extended

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
aoiwTA3.png

Intro:
A Great Darkness Awaits... AGAIN!

As some of you may know, Pokemon Twilight was my submission for the 2017 Game Jam! It was the first game I had ever released, so it had a LOT of problems... XD Anyway, Pokémon Twilight was a rather short game, and there was a lot I didn't get to add because of the time constraint of the jam. That being said, I now am making an extended version, Pokemon Twilight: Extended! Here is a summary of the Old Pokemon Twilight:
Pokemon Twilight is a game that takes place in the Isla Region, a region composed of four islands, three smaller islands surrounding one larger island. Each of the small islands have altars dedicated to one of the three Swords Of Justice (not counting Keldeo). Legend has it that at these altars, you will find the Swords of Justice who each guard an Ancient Relic. These Relics are said to open the gateway to the mysterious Realm of Shadows, an alternate reality that runs parallel to our world. You take control of a young kid from Lakebed Village, a small town in the center of the largest island, Kelda Island. The regional Professor, Professor Camphor, has asked you to go on a quest to collect all three Ancient Relics from the altars. Professor Camphor studies the relationship between our world and the Realm of Shadows, and so it has been his goal to visit the Realm of Shadows. He gives you one of three starter Pokémon, Spoink, Riolu, or Zorua. He sends you off on your mission, and along the way you meet the sinister Team Twilight, and organization who plans to open the gateway themselves, so they can merge our world with the Realm of Shadows. As you progress you take down Team Twilight in order to reach the three altars. Each altar has an admin of Team Twilight who was sent to capture one of the Swords of Justice. Defeating them forces them to leave with the Swords of Justice, who leave behind the Ancient Relic they were guarding. Will you be able to stop Team Twilight from merging the Realm of Shadows with our own, or will the world be plunged into an eternity of evil and chaos? Depending on the outcome of the two final battles, Pokémon Twilight has six possible endings! After defeating the game once you are taken to just before the battles, and can complete each ending, as well as complete multiple post-game events! In addition, there are multiple secrets that I have hidden to make the game a bit easier, but if you would like a challenge, feel free to stay away from the secret nerfs! Not all the secrets are nerfs however, some are hidden legendaries or items. Be sure to check places you've visited before, because after completing the game once there are a few hidden areas you can now reach! I would also like to point out that you can rematch the three Admins once you have defeated the final boss once, so if you would like to battle them with a full team of six Pokémon you can! I hope you enjoy Pokémon Twilight!

Now, Pokemon Twilight: Extended promises to be very different from the regular old Twilight, and so I'll give you a new summary!

Welcome to the Isla Region, a region that I certainly did not name in 3 seconds based off the fact that it is made up of a bunch of ISLAnds... (I was on a time constraint so my ideas were not the greatest, but the name stuck so it's making it into Twilight: Extended anyway lol) You play as a young child from Lakebed Village (again, I was on a time constraint and it stuck...) who has been chosen by Cresselia to help save the Realm of Shadows, a universe that runs parallel to our own, the Realm of Light. The Realm of Shadows is being threatened by a great calamity that has been named the Dark Shadow, a substance that drains all color from the world and threatens to destroy the Realm of Shadows and everything in it! Along with it this Dark Shadow brings forth terrifying beasts known as Twilight Pokemon, and since the Realm of Shadows had existed without any normal Pokemon in it, these are the Pokemon you will encounter in the Realm of Shadows, and they are all of the mysterious Twilight Type! Twilight Pokemon take very little damage from and do very little damage to any normal Pokemon, and they super effect on all Twilight Pokemon. (Mechanics subject to change) You soon meet Professor Camphor, who gives you your first Pokemon and explains that he wants you to help him gather three Ancient Relics so he can open a portal to the Realm of Shadows and complete his research. Little does he know that you have the ability to travel between the realms, but you decide to help him open the portal because you know he cannot travel along with you between realms. You meet up with either Jason or Skyla (depending on your gender), the Chosen One from the Realm of Shadows, who takes you to the Realm of Shadows to meet Professor Acacia, the regional professor of the Realm of Shadows' Isla Region. She gives you your first Twilight Pokemon, and then sets you and your rival off to help stop the spread of the Dark Shadow! She also explains that an evil organization known as Team Twilight has been wreaking havoc in both realms, and claims that Team Twilight is the source of the Dark Shadow. She knows that Team Twilight has been targeting the three Ancient Relics in the Realm of Shadows, and so she sends you off to go stop Team Twilight. As the story progresses you will discover many secrets, battle strong foes, and attempt to save both realms of existence. Whether you succeed or not is up to you, and the game will have a variety of endings, new and old, for you to attempt to achieve. If you played the old Twilight, forget everything you know about the plot, because there are new plot twists around every corner! Trust no one, or trust everyone, who knows what the outcome of this game will be?! I hope you guys enjoy this new rendition of Pokemon Twilight!

Game Screenshots:
WTfWBjP.png
QiRwcwF.png

xVlSHKa.png
aYk241L.png
3E2nDik.png
PIkcpvK.png
g7tFe7W.png
XKnypo3.png
a6KSYcN.png
sFaoQFO.png

huilhF0.png

swNhcuM.png

Piv3a8K.png

bPNMY9D.png

VokAYKY.png

Old Pokemon Twilight Game Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?sjep5fkkegfgk72

Made Using:
RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials GS.

Resource Pack:
https://www.mediafire.com/?0als8om155drx0j
(Direct Download, includes Graphics and Audio)

Credits:
POKéMON TWILIGHT
was created by:
Fakemon123

Music ripped from:
POKéMON ESSENTIALS
POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
POKéMON EMERALD
POKéMON PLATINUM
POKéMON BLACK 2
POKéMON RANGER: GUARDIAN SIGNS
POKéMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: EXPLORERS OF SKY

All art from POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
(Modified by Fakemon123)

POKéMON ESSENTIALS
was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Boushy<s>Near Fantastica
Brother1440<s>PinkMan
FL.<s>Popper
Genzai Kawakami<s>Rataime
Harshboy<s>SoundSpawn
help-14<s>the__end
IceGod64<s>Venom12
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>Wachunga
KitsuneKouta<s>xLeD
Lisa Anthony<s>
and everyone else who helped out
POKéMON ESSENTIALS GS
was created by:
COMBOY
3rd, 4rd &
5th generation
POKéMON devamped
sprites made by:
COMBOY<s>DarkDoom3000
Koolboyman<s>AkaiIsamu
Neslug<s>NICKtendo DS
Wes<s>pokekoks
Mighty Jetters<s>Alpha Six
Jeremy<s>Lockerz102
JoshR691<s>Koopaul
Parasect047<s>Ike
ClawedNyasu<s>Layle
SengirDev<s>Devicho
Special thanks to:
THE SPRITERS RESOURSE
Maruno
FL.
Umbreon
Pia Carrot
kcgcrazy
mej71
out written
kiedisticelixer

RPG MAKER XP by:
ENTERBRAIN

Also, feel free to join the new Twilight Discord for updates, Beta Testing, concept art, and more! Here's the link!
https://discord.gg/bZbFK2N

Last edited:

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
So I have stopped playing for now since I want to takle other games as well ... so here's my feedback:

I had fun but there are also frustrating parts.

I started my journey with a shiny Spoink. On my way to the second town I found myself a Minun on route 1. I really love Minun(as you can tell from my profile pic) so I was pretty happy about that.

Arrving at the first town I spoke with all the NPCs because I just loved the gags.

After that Spoink, Minun and I sat sail to the first island. When I battled the second grunt there I had to realize that having only Psychic and Normal moves isn't good against a Sableye(Dark Gost type). So I went back to route 1 and trained my Minun until it leaned spark. It took quite a while but was worth it. Spacially since the first Island is full of Zubat and Woobat and those where easy to deal with like this.

At the end of the second room I encountered a Nosepass. I like Nosepass because of it's evolution. Although I didn't know whether I could evolve it or not(special reqirements). But having that many Zubats and Woobats around helped a lot in leveling my Nosepass and with those 3 Pokémon I challenged the first Twilight admin and closed the chapter on the first island. Also having taken Psychic with me I was confident that Spoink and I could sweep any opponent.

Beeing happy of having collected the first gem I challenged the route to the next town. It wasn't easy but with a few runs to the Pokécenter I managed to get to the third town.

There all beeing bulgars and little kids dreaming of entering team galaxy. I actually tried to click all the shelves to see whether I can steal something there. Sadly I couldn't. But I liked the third town the most I gotta say.

Then going to the ruin and trying to deciffer the statues text. Well I was too dumb to do it so walking and clicking across the room managed to get me to the next room.

Down there I was lucky enough to encounter a Growlithe and because I like the Pokémon I caught it right away. While trying to grind levels with Growlithe I encountered a Vulpix which I just had to catch because Ninetales is my favorite Pokémon. I grinded like a madman to get those two to the other Pokémons level. At that time I really wished I'd had an Exp Share.

Going on I found a fire stone which I used right away on my Vulpix. I regreted not waiting until Vulpix learns heatwave because now the only fire move ninetales could ever have was fire spin.

So I went on and with a few difficultlies(I was stupid enough to switch into my spoink which only knows psychic type moves during the boss battle and lost the first try) managed to clear the magma cave.

Beeing proud of my Pokémon team I went on to the next island. I really liked the looks of it. Plus the rain matched the mood perfectly. Beeing fired up by all this I went into the forest to encounter a wild Pokémon that was 10 level above me. To make matters worse it rained and my newly obtained Fire types were useless. That was pretty discouraging.

After a break a takled the game again and found out that the rain only started randomly. So starting from there I just reentered the map until it didn't rain anymore. Well from there I tried to clear the forest which wasn't easy because the forest is a maze. I also decided to catch a sixth Pokémon here. Shortly after I encountered a Roserade and decided to catch it. My team and I were often forced to go back to the Pokémoncenter because of the grunts beeing strong and the wild Pokémon throwing around with status. I also stopped leveling Minun and Nosepass because they had a type disadvantage. An Exp Share would have been great here, too. During the grunt battles they were of really favorable typing though so they weren't left behind too badly. Once I challenged the boss the first time my team was around level 30. Due to my team beeing weakend it ended in a devastating defeat.

After that I gave it another try with my Pokémon in good health. But realizing my spoink only did like a fifth of Virizions health with psychic I decided to train it to level 32 where it evolved. I also decided to replace my Roserade due to its bad moveset and ended up catching a Butterfree. And this was a really good choise.

Beeing a little pesimistic I went back to the boss and started with Butterfree which had learned the move silver wind. Hoping to get my stats buffed I started out with that attack. And I luckily got the buff. The second use buffed me as well and that's the story of Butterfree soloing the third boss.

Beeing hyped about finally managing to clear the forest I went back to the ruins. And then the first grunts Pokémon was level 40. That's when I stoped playing for now because I didn't want to spend the time to level my team up like that.

Well that was my story of the game for now.

Some more general feedback:
pos:
  • I really like you mapping. For the same reasons as Aki I guess. Plus I think the maps all look great.
  • I love those NPC dialouges.
  • The story is simple and easy to understand. So even I knew what's going on. This is exactly how you want it to be in a game like yours.
  • I didn't have any problems with finding Pokémon I like.
neg:
  • an Exp Share would have been really nice. An Exp All even nicer.
  • those jumps in levels ... they are way too much ... like how am I supposed to defeat Pokemon that are more than 10 levels above me(like the worst difference was 15 levels)
  • don't rely on the player changing up his team. Pokémon is all about training and getting attached to your team.
  • don't rely on the player finding hidden items/Pokémon/whatever. They aren't called hidden for nothing.(that's what I thought after reading your tips ... I even tried to get earthquake after the forest but the sailor wouldn't bring me to the island anymore)
some bugs I encountered:
  • The PC is kinda buggy:
    • The Pokémon I'm holding there suld be above the team box. You'll see if you try yourself. There is an Array to modify this somewhere in the storage screen script.
    • 5498e6tf.png
  • Virizion and the others of that line give linke no exp. I defeated that level 40 Virizion with a level 30 Pokémon and didn't even get 100 exp.

Well that's it for now.

Thank you so much for the feedback! A lot of that has to do with the level spikes, which is the main problem everyone has with this game, and I will work on fixing that in the future. I am glad you liked the game, and I hope that it wasn't too hard for you. The bugs you've encountered have been brought to my attention before, but it was good to be reminded as I had forgotten aboutt some of them. I will take all of this feedback into account if I ever decide to make another game, and I can't thank you enough for playing my game and giving it feedback!

HawkLord

Rookie
Awesome game! I love the gen 1-2 style most of todays fan games are gen 5 and its laggy af on my cheap laptop.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am officially starting up work on Pokemon Twilight: Extended! This extended version of the game will include:
-A full devamped 8bit soundtrack!
-The introduction of Twilight Pokemon!
-Two realms of existence that you must travel between to complete the game!
-A MUCH BETTER LEVEL CURVE! (Hopefully...)
-A new Rival and another Professor!
-More thought out ideas and larger region!
-AND MORE! (Because I'll probably have more big ideas lol)

If you'd like to keep up with the latest info on the game, give feedback on it, or maybe even do some beta testing, you can join our new discord server! Here's the link! https://discord.gg/bZbFK2N

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive of Pokemon Twilight, and I hope I can make an extended version that will meet everyone's expectations!

Last edited:

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Just thought I'd let you know that I am picking this project up again, hopefully actually finishing it this time! XD

Reactions: Nic

J.Dreamer

Dreamer Juan
Whoa I didn't know this game sooner, but since there's an extended version I guess why not wait for the new game comes up.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Whoa I didn't know this game sooner, but since there's an extended version I guess why not wait for the new game comes up.
Well due to school I had to stop working on this game so it's gonna be a while before the extended version is released so I wouldn't wait because it could be a long time.

Celeste The Kitten

Rookie
OH MY GOD I RAN INTO A SHINY STARLY FIRST WILD ENCOUNTER

are shiny odds boosted or are they just normal gen 2 odds 1/8192

So i restarted my game so i could shiny hunt my starter riolu bc i wanted a shiny lucario and i got it within 6 soft resets then back to back with a shiny plusle

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Ooh, it looks interesting... Another game to keep my eye on! I hope development goes well - and remember to take breaks! Burnout always sucks.

Pikachu_PlayzYT

Rookie
I literally have to use strategy or grind levels just to beat the team twilight admins

I Literally have to use strategy or grind levels just to beat the team twilight admins grunts are no problem but the admins pose much more of a challenge than i originally thought. oh and quick question is the evolution method still the same for baby Pokemon or has it been changed? please let me know because im having trouble evolving my shiny riolu (which was my starter) into lucario and its level 34 already and holding the soothe bell

That's it... im now resorting to grinding levels... JUST TO BEAT DAMN TEAM TWILIGHT ADMIN NENJI!

finally beat twilight admin nenji on my 30th try

Back