• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Bag Screen with interactable Party

Resource Bag Screen with interactable Party 2.5.0

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
--
Does anyone know how to fix this? Please I've been trying to fix it for days but it persists.
If you haven't edited my plugin's script, you might have incorrectly installed a plugin that should be compatible with mine. It could be the Essentials Deluxe, as it shows up in the crash log.

Piitch

Rookie
Hello! I've been getting this crash whenever I try to sell something at a Pokemart. It only happens when I try to sell things, buying works perfectly fine. I'm using the BW PokeMart Screen script script as well as this one. I also performed the 2nd installation step within the Mart script and the actual UI section of my game. Is there any way you could spare some time to help me? I'd be eternally grateful! :)

4s8koAr.png

Piitch

Rookie
Hello! I've been getting this crash whenever I try to sell something at a Pokemart. It only happens when I try to sell things, buying works perfectly fine. I'm using the BW PokeMart Screen script script as well as this one. I also performed the 2nd installation step within the Mart script and the actual UI section of my game. Is there any way you could spare some time to help me? I'd be eternally grateful! :)

4s8koAr.png
So sorry! It was just a flub on my part, I had accidentally typed an @ instead of a $ on step 2. Sorry for the trouble! (Love the plugin!)

LinKazamine

Champion
So sorry! It was just a flub on my part, I had accidentally typed an @ instead of a $ on step 2. Sorry for the trouble! (Love the plugin!)
Happy that you solved it, but next time try posting it in the appropriate plugin thread so people can actually help you. The Bag Screen with Party Plugin isn't mentioned anywhere in the error log so you should have gone to the BW Mart Screen instead, since it is the plugin actually mentioned.

Piitch

Rookie
Happy that you solved it, but next time try posting it in the appropriate plugin thread so people can actually help you. The Bag Screen with Party Plugin isn't mentioned anywhere in the error log so you should have gone to the BW Mart Screen instead, since it is the plugin actually mentioned.
Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it.

LinKazamine

Champion
Pokerus is not displayed as one of the statuses?
Pokerus is not a status so why should it be displayed as one? Pokemon only can have one status at a time, meaning that if a pokémon was asleep, poisoned, burned, paralyzed or frozen it wouldn't be able to have pokerus, which is not the case. Also, pokerus has only been displayed in the summary screen in the same place as the pokémon's sprite in all the official games.

If you want to show the pokerus in other places you'll have to manually edit the UI's for battle, party and this plugin (maybe some more?) to allow a second "status" to be shown if the pokémon ever catches pokerus as well as add an icon for pokerus yourself.

In any case, since the pokerus only increases EV won in battle, I don't see any reason to go through all this trouble unless you change the way pokerus works and make it affect battles in any negative way for the player (which is the only reason they would be interested in it showing in the party and bag screens).

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Pokerus is not a status so why should it be displayed as one? Pokemon only can have one status at a time, meaning that if a pokémon was asleep, poisoned, burned, paralyzed or frozen it wouldn't be able to have pokerus, which is not the case. Also, pokerus has only been displayed in the summary screen in the same place as the pokémon's sprite in all the official games.

If you want to show the pokerus in other places you'll have to manually edit the UI's for battle, party and this plugin (maybe some more?) to allow a second "status" to be shown if the pokémon ever catches pokerus as well as add an icon for pokerus yourself.

In any case, since the pokerus only increases EV won in battle, I don't see any reason to go through all this trouble unless you change the way pokerus works and make it affect battles in any negative way for the player (which is the only reason they would be interested in it showing in the party and bag screens).
Sorry. Since the vanilla party menu does display Pokerus I was expecting the mini version of the party menu in the bag menu to do the same.
It seems like nothing to do with this plugin. I tried without any other plugin and this plugin is fine
Oh, not an error report. I was just surprised since I was expecting the Bag screen to display the same set of statuses as the Party screen.

Edit: Turns out this plugin actually includes code to account for the Pokerus symbol, so I made a few modifications to it to get things working.
[2023-07-01] 19_57_19.719.png

Last edited:

Refrain

Ref:rain
Oh, not an error report. I was just surprised since I was expecting the Bag screen to display the same set of statuses as the Party screen.

Edit: Turns out this plugin actually includes code to account for the Pokerus symbol, so I made a few modifications to it to get things working.
View attachment 18706
That's cool, how do you do that?

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
That's cool, how do you do that?
For starters, you need to add the Pokerus icon to the statuses graphic that the plugin uses. Afterwards, go into Script.rb of the plugin and change lines 360 and 364.
Line 360: add a "- 1" to the end of the line.
Line 364: Delete the "+ 1" at the end of the line.

DiegoWT

DiegoWT updated Bag Screen with interactable Party with a new update entry:

Update v2.5.0

• Updated layout:
  • --> Added a bounce animation to the pockets' icons when changing pockets;
  • --> Added different cursors to match properly what the player is doing on the bag item list;
  • --> Now the current selection of the items/party members is easier to see;
  • --> Added two Pokérus icons for Pokémon that were cured or not;
  • --> Other minor changes.
  • Added two new options to the Settings, now the player can choose if they want a Pokérus icon to appear when it should...

Read the rest of this update entry...

snapper-kins

Rookie
I understand that it's been upgraded to Essentials v. 21, but is there any way yet to get the ZIP file for the v. 20.1 version? Or does it just not exist anymore? I assume someone out in the universe has it

snapper-kins

Rookie
I still have it. Here's the link to it. It's version 2.2.0, too.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it a ton! I've spent the past 6 months upgrading a longstanding project from 16.2/18.1 to 20.1 and while I think I documented my changes pretty thoroughly, I don't want to go through upgrading again

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Great update! While upgrading to v21 I got this in the debug console. Hope this can help you figure out what happened. No error window occurred and it happened after leaving the menu.
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23200" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23220" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23240" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23260" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23280" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23300" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23320" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23340" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23360" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23380" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23400" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23420" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23440" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23460" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23480" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23500" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23520" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "23540" is recycled object

DiegoWT

Great update! While upgrading to v21 I got this in the debug console. Hope this can help you figure out what happened. No error window occurred and it happened after leaving the menu.
IIRC, when I was testing the original v21, it also returned that error. Since it doesn't appear to mess up the game in any way, and it can be a problem from the v21 itself, I'll not mind that for now.

LinKazamine

Champion
Do you have any items in the other pockets? I think the plugin keeps the player from accessing the other pockets if there is no item in them.
With no items in the bag:
1690064919588.png

After using the debug command to fill the bag:
1690064951861.png

Note that only items that can be used in battle appear in the bag during battle so any empty pocket is still blocked to access.

DiegoWT

Do you have any items in the other pockets? I think the plugin keeps the player from accessing the other pockets if there is no item in them.
With no items in the bag:
View attachment 19340
After using the debug command to fill the bag:
View attachment 19341
Note that only items that can be used in battle appear in the bag during battle so any empty pocket is still blocked to access.
I can't replicate your error, since I can access any empty pocket. As for the "items that can be used in battle appear in the bag during battle", this is how the bag always worked on Pokémon, when the bag scene is called under a specific situation, you'll only have access to certain pockets.
If you have edited the bag script (which seems so), then this problem might've happened because of that.

Back