• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modern Quest System + UI

Resource Modern Quest System + UI 1.1.0

I have tried many times to use extendtext but it doesn't work for me, is there any other way to do it without using it?
You can do it without extendtext, although if you're having problems using that, I'd suggest making sure to reread the instructions for it. Having an open parenthesis on the previous line will let you continue the method on the next line, like you have in your screencap. The main issue is the missing colon.

hostman

Trainer
You can do it without extendtext, although if you're having problems using that, I'd suggest making sure to reread the instructions for it. Having an open parenthesis on the previous line will let you continue the method on the next line, like you have in your screencap. The main issue is the missing colon.
I have put the two points, but it keeps giving me an error, do you know why?

b6b15e471b46c14517496e6af7786788.png

LinKazamine

Champion
Ah, there is the problem. You don't use the text you put in the :Name section, but the name of the whole segment. In this case, you should be using :Quest1.

hostman

Trainer
perfect, thank you very much. And I have another question, I don't know if you could help me too. I have placed the code here so that the mission menu appears in the pause menu, but it does not appear. I'm using luka's modular menu.
12cb7e54c416a4a22f188af62a637c4b.png

hostman

Trainer
I have been testing the plugin with other menus, with the voltseon one it has worked for me but I don't see the icon in the menu, how can I add it?
00556b8d3acacf13eefa3ebf3a3a2ec1.png

LinKazamine

Champion
You have to add an icon in the VPM folder named "menu_quest" or "menu_" with whatever you used to add the option on the menu. Check for the other options in the menu to see how it works.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Is there a way to show when a character has a quest for the player?
There isn't a way to do that naturally using this resource. But you could make use of some event commands like "Show Animation" if you're imagining a quest NPC having a persistent exclamation mark icon above their head until the player accepts their quest(s). Alternatively, you could edit the NPC sprites directly to have the icon as part of the sprite itself, but this might have you edit a large number of sprites which you might not want to do.

Eaglit

Novice
Will I have to make major tweaks to get this on v21 or will work already?

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
sorry im little bit dumb, how do i start the quest?
i use this script activateQuest(Quest13) i got this error

the quest data on the plugin were like this,

Quest13 = {
:ID => "13",
:Name => "Recruit Pikachu",
:QuestGiver => "From your God",
:Stage1 => "Use forced to recruit.",
:Stage2 => "Fuck this shit.",
:Location1 => "Horizon Town",
:Location2 => "Horizon Town",
:QuestDescription => "Electric Mouse?",
:RewardString => "New Friends!"
}

Attachments

• 1703163752768.png
    1703163752768.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 32

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
sorry im little bit dumb, how do i start the quest?
i use this script activateQuest(Quest13) i got this error

the quest data on the plugin were like this,

Quest13 = {
:ID => "13",
:Name => "Recruit Pikachu",
:QuestGiver => "From your God",
:Stage1 => "Use forced to recruit.",
:Stage2 => "Fuck this shit.",
:Location1 => "Horizon Town",
:Location2 => "Horizon Town",
:QuestDescription => "Electric Mouse?",
:RewardString => "New Friends!"
}
It's activateQuest(:Quest13). You're also going to need to put the location underneath the stage for each.

Ryuushedo

Developer of Pokemon Lost World
It's activateQuest(:Quest13). You're also going to need to put the location underneath the stage for each.
ah i see so if i advancequest it shoulda be like this right?
advanceQuestToStage(:Quest19,:stage2)

Back