• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modern Quest System + UI

Resource Modern Quest System + UI 1.1.0

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Hey I try to make a quest but make me this error, anyone can help me? The plugin is amazing

[2022-05-14 19:05:19 +0200]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 5 (coords 8,2), map 3 (A's house):
Exception: NameError

***Full script:
activateQuest(Quest13)

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:137:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:137:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
Hey!
Try activateQuest(:Quest13)

PKMNTrainerGoose

Rookie
Is there a way to have the quest window/option always viewable even without a quest? I have it linked to the PokeGear and want to be able to open the UI even if there arent any active quests. I'm guessing I installed it right. I added the lines you put in the instructions but inside the PokeGear instead of the Pause menu. Working on having the PokeGear as the all-in-one stop for most added features.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Is there a way to have the quest window/option always viewable even without a quest? I have it linked to the PokeGear and want to be able to open the UI even if there arent any active quests. I'm guessing I installed it right. I added the lines you put in the instructions but inside the PokeGear instead of the Pause menu. Working on having the PokeGear as the all-in-one stop for most added features.
Yes. If you have if hasAnyQuests? somewhere, delete it.

PKMNTrainerGoose

Rookie
Ok, I just want to put this here in case anyone has the problems I had with updating quests using Notepad++(Or any editor I'm guessing). When you make changes to the file make sure your editor doesn't place a copy of the file in the directory with ".bak" at the end. If that happens for some reason the plugin tries to load both files? Anyway, after your edits make sure to delete the file with ".bak" or move it somewhere else in case your edits go haywire. I just spent the last hour trying to figure out why I had quests working and then all of the sudden they stopped after making changes. Extension may also be ".bk". Just look for that file in case you have issues after editing/adding in quests. @ThatWelshOne_ , sorry for the tag but I wanted to bring this up in case anyone has this problem in the future with problems after editing a script file and wasn't sure if you wanted to add it as a disclaimer or something. I've deleted a LOT of plugins because I didn't know this was even a thing until now. Time to turn off backups. xD

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Ok, I just want to put this here in case anyone has the problems I had with updating quests using Notepad++(Or any editor I'm guessing). When you make changes to the file make sure your editor doesn't place a copy of the file in the directory with ".bak" at the end. If that happens for some reason the plugin tries to load both files? Anyway, after your edits make sure to delete the file with ".bak" or move it somewhere else in case your edits go haywire. I just spent the last hour trying to figure out why I had quests working and then all of the sudden they stopped after making changes. Extension may also be ".bk". Just look for that file in case you have issues after editing/adding in quests. @ThatWelshOne_ , sorry for the tag but I wanted to bring this up in case anyone has this problem in the future with problems after editing a script file and wasn't sure if you wanted to add it as a disclaimer or something. I've deleted a LOT of plugins because I didn't know this was even a thing until now. Time to turn off backups. xD
I've not personally encountered this issue nor has anyone reported it to me before, so I think this is an issue of sorts with your setup. Thanks for sharing anyway.

mynameisumbreon

Novice
Did you compile your plugins correctly?
I just quickly tested it and this resource works in v20 without any changes. The text is misaligned so I'll fix that in an official update at some point.
I might not have compiled correctly. For some reason any version of essentials I use does not want to full compile when I hold CTRL

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
I'm trying to figure out to advance a stage in the quest. I've tried the script:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
advanceQuestToStage(quest, stageNumber)
but for some reason it won't work. I've tried other variations to get it work, and have failed miserably. Thanks in advance.

West

The Comeback Kid
Looking for cmdbag in UI_PauseMenu to activate UI per instructions, can't find. Are there new directions for v20?

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Looking for cmdbag in UI_PauseMenu to activate UI per instructions, can't find. Are there new directions for v20?
Yes. I haven't updated the resource or instructions yet, but this is the code you need to be able to access the quest UI via the default pause menu.
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
MenuHandlers.add(:pause_menu, :quests, {
  "name"      =>  _INTL("Quests"),
  "order"     => 50,
  "condition" => proc { next hasAnyQuests? },
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    pbFadeOutIn {
      scene = QuestList_Scene.new
      screen = QuestList_Screen.new(scene)
      screen.pbStartScreen
      menu.pbRefresh
    }
    next false
  }
})

West

The Comeback Kid
Yes. I haven't updated the resource or instructions yet, but this is the code you need to be able to access the quest UI via the default pause menu.
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
  "order"     => 50,
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    pbFadeOutIn {
      screen.pbStartScreen
      menu.pbRefresh
    }
    next false
  }
})
Thank you!

West

The Comeback Kid
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
  "order"     => 50,
    pbPlayDecisionSE
    pbFadeOutIn {
      screen.pbStartScreen
      menu.pbRefresh
    }
    next false
  }
})
Are there new instructions for the other steps of the process as well?

Back