• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modern Quest System + UI

Resource Modern Quest System + UI 1.1.0

Izanagi

Developer of Pokémon Stars
Hello! I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but it sounds like it's just sorting an array. I'll give this a go and get back to you. If I haven't replied within a week, feel free to give me a nudge.
Thank you very much!

Leondrea

Trainer
This is the only one Quest System that has a unique UI, that I'd wish to use it.
I'm on Essentials 18.1 and I'll try to paste your script into a new vanilla version of 18.1
Then I'll be editing it along with your recommendations on this thread on page 1.
When I'll find bugs or some errors I'll try to communicate that on this thread.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
This is the only one Quest System that has a unique UI, that I'd wish to use it.
I'm on Essentials 18.1 and I'll try to paste your script into a new vanilla version of 18.1
Then I'll be editing it along with your recommendations on this thread on page 1.
When I'll find bugs or some errors I'll try to communicate that on this thread.
A version that works in v18.1 would be helpful for some people, thank you. ☺️

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Tried to start 2 quests, put them in with the same info (Name, description and location) despite being completely different.
1644081687560.png

Edit: I removed the activation of the second quest and it still showed the first quest with the second's name.

Last edited:

Kaito

Rookie
Hello, I'm using the Modular menu plugin, and I want to add the " Quest " section without using it in the Pokégear. Is there is a way to do that ?
Thanks for this great plugin :)

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Yes ! That's what I meant, sorry !
Open the Plugins/Modular Menu/[001] Config/Config.rb file using something like Notepad++
Paste this in that script:
Ruby:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  MQS
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModularMenu.add_entry(:MQS, _INTL("Quests"), "menuQuests") do |menu|
  pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
    scene = QuestList_Scene.new
    screen = QuestList_Screen.new(scene)
    screen.pbStartScreen
  }
end
# condition to satisfy
ModularMenu.add_condition(:MQS) { next hasAnyQuests? }
From what I can tell, it seems where you put this code relative to what's already there determines where the element appears in the pause menu. I would suggest putting this code just below the Trainer Card code, but you might like to experiment with it in different places depending on what you prefer.
Good luck!

Kaito

Rookie
Thanks it perfectly worked ! :)

Last question, do you know if it's possible to access to the script where I could translate some stuff like " Active tasks ", " Reward ", or " Arrows ", " New Activity " etc...

I tried to find it in the Script and changed some of them, but it didn't worked..

Last edited:

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Thanks it perfectly worked ! :)

Last question, do you know if it's possible to access to the script where I could translate some stuff like " Active tasks ", " Reward ", or " Arrows ", " New Activity " etc...

I tried to find it in the Script and changed some of them, but it didn't worked..
It should work as long as you're recompiling your plugins after making (and saving) your changes.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello there. Thx for sharing this plugin. By the way, how can i turn this into an item? Ex: When i use the key item "Journal" from the bag or from the field, it will load the quests screen to check the quests.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Hello there. Thx for sharing this plugin. By the way, how can i turn this into an item? Ex: When i use the key item "Journal" from the bag or from the field, it will load the quests screen to check the quests.
Hi!
I haven't thought about this too much, but you should be able to adapt the code for something like the Town Map.
Copy the PBS data for Town Map and rename it to Journal, as you say. Then, put this code in Item_Effects:
Ruby:
ItemHandlers::UseInField.add(:JOURNAL,proc { |item|
  pbViewQuests
  next 1
})
Make sure you have this bit of code somewhere (I have it at the bottom of 003_Quest_UI.rb - can't remember if I've added this since posting the resource):
Ruby:
# Utility method for calling UI
def pbViewQuests
  screen.pbStartScreen
end
See if that works for you.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hi!
I haven't thought about this too much, but you should be able to adapt the code for something like the Town Map.
Copy the PBS data for Town Map and rename it to Journal, as you say. Then, put this code in Item_Effects:
Ruby:
ItemHandlers::UseInField.add(:JOURNAL,proc { |item|
  pbViewQuests
  next 1
})
Make sure you have this bit of code somewhere (I have it at the bottom of 003_Quest_UI.rb - can't remember if I've added this since posting the resource):
Ruby:
# Utility method for calling UI
def pbViewQuests
  screen.pbStartScreen
end
See if that works for you.
It works thx. The 003_Quest_UI part is already there at the very bottom.

illuminator

Rookie
I am trying to add this to my game, but whenever i open the menu the game crashes. I have already deleted my save and triple checked the script modifications i had to make. the error i get is the following:

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `hasAnyQuests?' for #<PokemonPauseMenu>

Backtrace:
270:UI_PauseMenu:123:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
032:Scene_Map:102:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:199:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:220:in `block in main'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `main'
375:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
375:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
375:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

I am totally lost trying to identify the problem.... it seems the entire "hasquest" checking method is missing? how can this be?
i definately have the luka script utility aswell.

Any help would be really appreciated 😥

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
I am trying to add this to my game, but whenever i open the menu the game crashes. I have already deleted my save and triple checked the script modifications i had to make. the error i get is the following:

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `hasAnyQuests?' for #<PokemonPauseMenu>

Backtrace:
270:UI_PauseMenu:123:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
032:Scene_Map:102:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:199:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:220:in `block in main'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `main'
375:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
375:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
375:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

I am totally lost trying to identify the problem.... it seems the entire "hasquest" checking method is missing? how can this be?
i definately have the luka script utility aswell.

Any help would be really appreciated 😥
What were these changes you made?

Back