• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Nimbus

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

Nimbus Intro BG.png

King_Waluigi presents...
POKEMON NIMBUS!

WELCOME TO THE ADYNE REGION!

The Adyne Region is fairly new to hosting its own "Pokemon League." In fact, the introduction of Gyms in the region only happened about twenty or so years ago! The creation of the Elite Four happened only five years ago!

You play as a young adult, preparing to begin your adventure by helping out as Professor Ilex's research assistant. Your old friend Layla is recruited as well, which sparks a rivalry between you two.

Challenge Adyne's Pokemon League! The Gym Challenge consists of six balanced and difficult Gym Leaders, most of which don't have a specific type-specialty.

Battle Team Cyclone! Adyne's criminal organization will stop at nothing to accomplish their goal... Calling forth the legendary "King of Storms," the ruler and protector of the Adyne Region!

Discover the mysterious lore of the "King of Storms!" No one has seen their protector in hundreds of years...
All that is left to suggest that he ever existed are two stones, the Heat and Cool Stone, and a worn name...
"TH-ND-R-S..."

FEATURES!

-EBDX! Animated battlers and Mid-Battle Dialogue!
-Custom Mega Evolutions! For Pokemon such as Emolga and Ludicolo!
-A Quest System! Completing quests will reward you with some type of reward!
-Harsh Level Caps! Pokemon Nimbus includes strict level caps, making it
impossible to reach a level higher than a Gym Leader!
-HM Items! No need for HMs anymore! Use items like the Surfboard to replace
HMs!
-Trainer Services at every Pokemon Center! Change your Pokemon's nickname,
check it's friendship, relearn moves, or even check your Pokemon's Hidden Power
power and type!

SCREENSHOTS!
Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_58_54 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_45_09 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_46_23 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_56_42 PM.png

CREDITS!
POKEMON NIMBUS BY

KING_WALUIGI
DARK RAY

OVERWORLD SPRITES BY

DIEGOWT
PURPLEZAFFRE
KING_WALUIGI
POKEMON

TRAINER SPRITES BY

KING_WALUIGI
BACKBURNER26
LUKA S.J.
POKEMON

MUSIC BY

EMDASCHE
ZAME
KING_WALUIGI
TERUTERUSKY
POKEMON

TILES BY

MAGISCARF
KINGTAPIR
THATSSOWITTY
CLARA-DRAGON
BOONZEET
KING_WALUIGI

LUKA'S SCRIPTING UTILITIES BY

LUKA S.J.

EBDX BY

LUKA S.J.
MARUNO
MARIN
POKECHECK.ORG
PINKCATDRAGON
TEBITED15
BADSAMARITAN
WOLFPP
REDBLUEYELLOW
DAMIEN

MODTS BY

LUKA S.J.

BW GENDER SELECTOR BY

KLEINSTUDIO
DEEPBLUE PACIFICWAVES

SIMPLE LEVEL CAPS BY

GOLISOPOD USER

BW BAG BY

CHARIZARDTHREE3
STCOOLER

BW SUMMARY BY

DEEPBLUE PACIFICWAVES
TOMMANIACAL
LUCIDIOUS89
WEIBROT
KOBI2604
DIRKRIPTIDE
PLOAJ
MR. GELA
SHASHU-GRENINJA

HIDDEN POWER CHECKER BY

KING_WALUIGI
MARUNO

MARIN'S SCRIPTING UTILITIES BY
MARIN

HM ITEMS BY
MARIN

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Pokemon Essentials v18 was used to make this game!

CURRENT DEX!
Nimbus_5.0.0_dex.png

THUNDAGA'S BETA TESTING LET'S PLAY!

Join the Discord server for both Pokemon Nimbus AND Pokemon Guardians, Nimbus' SUPER UPDATED sequel!

Attachments

Last edited:

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
My starter is a Shroomish with Poison Heal. Again, Poison Heal. It heals from being poisoned.
Why is it losing HP when walking around poisoned in overworld?
I understand it's like in the official games, but should it be this way? Now I can't bring myself to play it more.
My apologies, I'm not sure I understand. This is how it works anyway, though I would be more than happy to fix this. Do you know how?

Astefia

Cooltrainer
My apologies, I'm not sure I understand. This is how it works anyway, though I would be more than happy to fix this. Do you know how?
Don't worry, I wrote this when being very emotionsl.
About how - the code of Immunity ability has the code of "don't damage poisoned Pokemon in the overworld". Something similar could be implemented. If you want, I can open the code and try to do it on my game and show you? But not today, it's midnight for me already.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Don't worry, I wrote this when being very emotionsl.
About how - the code of Immunity ability has the code of "don't damage poisoned Pokemon in the overworld". Something similar could be implemented. If you want, I can open the code and try to do it on my game and show you? But not today, it's midnight for me already.
Tech actually helped me with this, so there will be a minor update being released pretty soon! It has Poison Heal heal you in the overworld as well!

Vedanth

Novice
Hey King Waluigi, I had finally figured out how to download the patch lol and now I'm in the elite 4. I have to say that you've done a great job in this game and the story is very intriguing and despite the main legendary being one with lower bst than main legendaries, the story around it is great and it's new form is amazing too. If I had to make any recommendations they would probably be to include a third evolution of artrum with the same type(fairy/dark) and setting up audino trainers at Pokemon Centres. Also is it possible to get the tm for fly anywhere ? Travelling around the region especially at the very end is very difficult

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hey King Waluigi, I had finally figured out how to download the patch lol and now I'm in the elite 4. I have to say that you've done a great job in this game and the story is very intriguing and despite the main legendary being one with lower bst than main legendaries, the story around it is great and it's new form is amazing too. If I had to make any recommendations they would probably be to include a third evolution of artrum with the same type(fairy/dark) and setting up audino trainers at Pokemon Centres. Also is it possible to get the tm for fly anywhere ? Travelling around the region especially at the very end is very difficult
Thank you so much for the kind words! Fly is not in the game, but the next update will include fast travel from Pokemon Centers! I've been very busy with school, so I haven't had time to patch the game at all lol! Be looking for that tho! Artrum is complete as a whole, just cause it's a fakemon I cherish deeply (one I made a LONG time ago.) Again, thank you so much for these kind words! They really made my day!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
UPDATE! Pokemon Nimbus v4.1.0 is now available! In this update, A few little bugs were fixed, but most importantly, fast travel is now available after the final gym! You can download this update on the main post! (Also right here lol)

Munit

Novice
UPDATE! Pokemon Nimbus v4.1.0 is now available! In this update, A few little bugs were fixed, but most importantly, fast travel is now available after the final gym! You can download this update on the main post! (Also right here lol)

Hi has the pokedex been updated from the main page? Or is that all the mons in this game? Also the discord link is expired. May I recommend making a link that lasts for life?

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hi has the pokedex been updated from the main page? Or is that all the mons in this game? Also the discord link is expired. May I recommend making a link that lasts for life?
I actually don't know how to make a discord link that lasts forever lol, if you know how could you tell me? As for the dex, I just haven't updated it lol!

Munit

Novice
I actually don't know how to make a discord link that lasts forever lol, if you know how could you tell me? As for the dex, I just haven't updated it lol!
To create a permanent invite, select "never" under "expire after" and "no limit" under "max uses." By doing so, you'll generate a link that has infinite uses and won't become obsolete over any period of time.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
To create a permanent invite, select "never" under "expire after" and "no limit" under "max uses." By doing so, you'll generate a link that has infinite uses and won't become obsolete over any period of time.
Wow, thanks so much! Here's the now infinite invite link! https://discord.gg/VEGgBu5uxs

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to lots of time constraints and wanting to work on Pokemon Guardians, (Nimbus' sequel) Pokemon Nimbus' DLC is being canceled, sorry folks. If someone wants to take over this project, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you! You can contact me on discord: King_Waluigi#4579
Sorry, everyone, I know this is probably disappointing.
To kinda make up for it, I'll showcase everything I made for the DLC:
The Pirates of the Delta
PIRATESOFTHEDELTA.png
Professor Evergreen
pixil-frame-0_5.png

The Dauntless Delta
thedauntlessdelta.png

Once again, I'm really sorry, but you can look forward to Pokemon Guardians, which is already a million times better than Nimbus!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
UPDATE! Pokemon Nimbus v5.0.0 is now available! Special Thanks to Dark Ray for continuing Pokemon Nimbus' DLC under my supervision! This update includes a new area known and some new secrets!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hello, what are the new features of nimbus DLC v5.0.0??
A Safari Zone type area and special Mega Stone Quests, and some more secrets you'll need to discover yourself 👀

Nick Blaze

Novice
Hello, can someone help me please i just downloaded the game and i cant play it , what do i do to fix this problem

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 179

TheRedGenesect

Novice
Ok, so here's the problem, mate, whenever I run the game it reports that one of the dll is missing (don't remember which one). I really would like to play this game, so please look into the problem ASAP!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hello, can someone help me please i just downloaded the game and i cant play it , what do i do to fix this problem
Replace the J with an E, people have been able to fix it like that

Back