• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Nimbus

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

Nimbus Intro BG.png

King_Waluigi presents...
POKEMON NIMBUS!

WELCOME TO THE ADYNE REGION!

The Adyne Region is fairly new to hosting its own "Pokemon League." In fact, the introduction of Gyms in the region only happened about twenty or so years ago! The creation of the Elite Four happened only five years ago!

You play as a young adult, preparing to begin your adventure by helping out as Professor Ilex's research assistant. Your old friend Layla is recruited as well, which sparks a rivalry between you two.

Challenge Adyne's Pokemon League! The Gym Challenge consists of six balanced and difficult Gym Leaders, most of which don't have a specific type-specialty.

Battle Team Cyclone! Adyne's criminal organization will stop at nothing to accomplish their goal... Calling forth the legendary "King of Storms," the ruler and protector of the Adyne Region!

Discover the mysterious lore of the "King of Storms!" No one has seen their protector in hundreds of years...
All that is left to suggest that he ever existed are two stones, the Heat and Cool Stone, and a worn name...
"TH-ND-R-S..."

FEATURES!

-EBDX! Animated battlers and Mid-Battle Dialogue!
-Custom Mega Evolutions! For Pokemon such as Emolga and Ludicolo!
-A Quest System! Completing quests will reward you with some type of reward!
-Harsh Level Caps! Pokemon Nimbus includes strict level caps, making it
impossible to reach a level higher than a Gym Leader!
-HM Items! No need for HMs anymore! Use items like the Surfboard to replace
HMs!
-Trainer Services at every Pokemon Center! Change your Pokemon's nickname,
check it's friendship, relearn moves, or even check your Pokemon's Hidden Power
power and type!

SCREENSHOTS!
Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_58_54 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_45_09 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_46_23 PM.png

Pokemon Nimbus 6_14_2021 1_56_42 PM.png

CREDITS!
POKEMON NIMBUS BY

KING_WALUIGI
DARK RAY

OVERWORLD SPRITES BY

DIEGOWT
PURPLEZAFFRE
KING_WALUIGI
POKEMON

TRAINER SPRITES BY

KING_WALUIGI
BACKBURNER26
LUKA S.J.
POKEMON

MUSIC BY

EMDASCHE
ZAME
KING_WALUIGI
TERUTERUSKY
POKEMON

TILES BY

MAGISCARF
KINGTAPIR
THATSSOWITTY
CLARA-DRAGON
BOONZEET
KING_WALUIGI

LUKA'S SCRIPTING UTILITIES BY

LUKA S.J.

EBDX BY

LUKA S.J.
MARUNO
MARIN
POKECHECK.ORG
PINKCATDRAGON
TEBITED15
BADSAMARITAN
WOLFPP
REDBLUEYELLOW
DAMIEN

MODTS BY

LUKA S.J.

BW GENDER SELECTOR BY

KLEINSTUDIO
DEEPBLUE PACIFICWAVES

SIMPLE LEVEL CAPS BY

GOLISOPOD USER

BW BAG BY

CHARIZARDTHREE3
STCOOLER

BW SUMMARY BY

DEEPBLUE PACIFICWAVES
TOMMANIACAL
LUCIDIOUS89
WEIBROT
KOBI2604
DIRKRIPTIDE
PLOAJ
MR. GELA
SHASHU-GRENINJA

HIDDEN POWER CHECKER BY

KING_WALUIGI
MARUNO

MARIN'S SCRIPTING UTILITIES BY
MARIN

HM ITEMS BY
MARIN

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Pokemon Essentials v18 was used to make this game!

CURRENT DEX!
Nimbus_5.0.0_dex.png

THUNDAGA'S BETA TESTING LET'S PLAY!

Join the Discord server for both Pokemon Nimbus AND Pokemon Guardians, Nimbus' SUPER UPDATED sequel!

Attachments

Last edited:

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
UPDATE! There were a couple of weird bugs revolving around map connections, which have thoroughly been tested now. You can download THIS PATCH into your game's root directory to fix this!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Hey King Waluigi I can't find the first city after route 1? There are no tiles ahead(or the tiles that were there are missing).
Did you download the latest patcher? It can be found right next to the download link in the DOWNLOAD LINK spoiler.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
UPDATE! The sequel for Pokemon Nimbus is now officially in development! You can join Pokemon Nimbus and its sequel, Pokemon Guardians', Discord server, which can be found in the main thread, or right here!

rubyboys

Novice
i found two problems with the game,one is the game is laggy when in battle(espcially felt in the desert) and it's not my pc problem as none of the other games felt this laggy
the other is after defeating the 3rd gym and going north the game say that it is finished(not big problem but said here)

rubyboys

Novice
found two more problems(i downloaded the latest patch), after giving the fossil to the scientist he dissapears(image only) he is right there invisible and no matter how much i walked and talked to he tells to come back later.

one more more important after defeating the rival and going towards Mount Anguinix the road is somehow blocked,we can only go left in the row of the hiker and the other areas are blocked

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
found two more problems(i downloaded the latest patch), after giving the fossil to the scientist he dissapears(image only) he is right there invisible and no matter how much i walked and talked to he tells to come back later.

one more more important after defeating the rival and going towards Mount Anguinix the road is somehow blocked,we can only go left in the row of the hiker and the other areas are blocked
Alright, I'll deal with this as soon as I can! Thank you for letting me know

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!

Quick question. Which version of the game are you playing? Like, what is the game folder's name?

rubyboys

Novice
Quick question. Which version of the game are you playing? Like, what is the game folder's name?
game folder's name is just pokemon nimbus, there is no version in it
i downloaded the game yesterday and then updated the game with the patch

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
game folder's name is just pokemon nimbus, there is no version in it
i downloaded the game yesterday and then updated the game with the patch
ok cool, thanks for the confirmation!

anaconda92230

Novice
When giving feedback or mentioning your issues with the game, please do so in a polite manner. Comment has been edited.
Good evening my brother Let me tell you one thing. Your games is very slow it washes too much it is impossible to play . And yet my computer is not too null it has the resource . If it arrrive has to run gta 5, xenoverse 2, naruto ultimate ninja storm 4 and many other game. I think it has the resource to run an rpgx game. And all this despite the last patch.

i found two problems with the game,one is the game is laggy when in battle(espcially felt in the desert) and it's not my pc problem as none of the other games felt this laggy
the other is after defeating the 3rd gym and going north the game say that it is finished(not big problem but said here)
I too have this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Pokemon Nimbus v4.0.0 is now out! I went up the extra number due to fixing SO MANY bugs and problems altogether.
The game should move a bit faster now, I've heard it runs SUPER slowly on a bunch of peoples' systems. Idk, it runs really smoothly on mine now, so I'm not sure. Thank you to everyone who's played and stayed along for the ride!
Here's the download link!

Astefia

Cooltrainer
My starter is a Shroomish with Poison Heal. Again, Poison Heal. It heals from being poisoned.
Why is it losing HP when walking around poisoned in overworld?
I understand it's like in the official games, but should it be this way? Now I can't bring myself to play it more.

Last edited:
Back