• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests 2.0

This is an informative overview thread.

JonnZth

Rookie
I'd like to request a script or tutorial(if there is already some way to do that) that would allow Battler sprites to have simple intro animations. Somehow similar to how it was in Emerald and the Gen 4 games.

iirc there was a script with something similar in the past, but it might've been removed for some reason since I just can't find it anywhere.

TreadingWater

Novice
This might be a strange request, but I'd like to know if there is a way in corporate multiple diving-themes for different underwater-areas, rather than just being stuck with the same one every time you dive.

It would just add so much to the atmosphere, especially since I want to explore the deep sea at one point and a cheerful diving-tune wouldn't really fit that type of environment and a more moody divetune wouldn't fit with the coral reef.

• Wow
Reactions: Aki

Orange Boi

The Orangest of all Bois!
I have been wanting a change to allow for pokemon to have more than 2 natural abilities! If you add more than 2 abilities, every 3+ ability becomes a Hidden Ability. If there is a way to change that, I would use it immediately!!!

cmm093

Rookie
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find a tutorial on how to edit Pokeball catch rates for v20.1. Thundaga has a video tutorial, but the Items PBS looks different in the video (it was from 2017, so I assume it's been updated since then). Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

ProChamCham

Novice
One big issue of fangames are the vertical stairs, with no animation it looks like the player is floating while walking on vertical stairs. Is there any ressource or script to have a smooth vertical staircase animation like in HGSS?

Motoxchmpn

Rookie
I have a question. Has anyone been able to implement a New Game +? I have been looking all over online and have found nothing like that for essentials. What I was thinking was kind of like Pokemon Unbound ROM hack:

Bring your party pokemon over to a new game with base evolution and at level 10, but keep EV/IV stats.
Keep certain items, or even certain bag sections like healing or tms.
Certain switches stay on after completing a certain section of the game before restarting. eg: Switch 160 starts off in a new game. Switch it on during game play. Initiate new game plus and leave switch 160 on in the new game plus.

Idk, just some ideas I have been mulling around to create so replayability. Would be great to implement.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
I'm looking for diagonal movement and idle animation for v21+
If anyone ever did something like this please contact me, I'm also offering payment if someone accepts requests

I have a question. Has anyone been able to implement a New Game +? I have been looking all over online and have found nothing like that for essentials. What I was thinking was kind of like Pokemon Unbound ROM hack:

Bring your party pokemon over to a new game with base evolution and at level 10, but keep EV/IV stats.
Keep certain items, or even certain bag sections like healing or tms.
Certain switches stay on after completing a certain section of the game before restarting. eg: Switch 160 starts off in a new game. Switch it on during game play. Initiate new game plus and leave switch 160 on in the new game plus.

Idk, just some ideas I have been mulling around to create so replayability. Would be great to implement.
It wasn't quite designed with this in mind, but you may be able to use my save file calls script for this? Like, make it check for a save in the same game?

simsabar

Rookie
Hi there, I was wandering if there is a way to get the fossils Pokémon on "this gym of mine"

Jedahjony

Novice
Hi, there is any guide or tutorial of Dungeon Generator. I'm looking for pbs file definition (dungeon_parameters and dungeon_tileset) but not luck.
In V21.1 the system was upgraded also, so dont know if map example is showing all capabilities.

Thx!! 😅

Back