• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Simple item crafting system + interface

Resource Simple item crafting system + interface 1.2.2

AiurJordan

twitch.tv/aiurjordan
As an alternative idea, have the player purchase ingredients with BP. Like BP Tokens.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
This is exactly what I wanted for my game, but I just can't make it work!
I tried to use the extendtext.exe, but Idk if it made any difference
the third image is me having problems with the encounter list UI

Attachments

• Nova Tela.png
    Nova Tela.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Tela.png
    Tela.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Nova.png
    Nova.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Your error message is telling you that pbItemCrafter hasn't been defined. Did you compile your game after adding the scripts?
It'd probably best to post that on the Encounter List UI thread, then.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
As TechSkylander mentioned, both of your errors are probably because you haven't compiled your plugins.
You need to press Control, and keep it pressed down, as you click the green playtest button in RMXP until you see the message "Compiling plugin scripts... done." in the debug console window (the separate window with the black background that appears when playtesting).
If you can't get that to work, you can delete PluginScripts.rxdata from your Data folder to force a compile of your plugins next time you go to playtest.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
As TechSkylander mentioned, both of your errors are probably because you haven't compiled your plugins.
You need to press Control, and keep it pressed down, as you click the green playtest button in RMXP until you see the message "Compiling plugin scripts... done." in the debug console window (the separate window with the black background that appears when playtesting).
If you can't get that to work, you can delete PluginScripts.rxdata from your Data folder to force a compile of your plugins next time you go to playtest.
oooooh, thanks!
I imagined it was something with the plugin not being read, but I didn't knew how to force it ><
Both are awesome and fully working! sorry for asking about the other one here, I tought it was the same problem, so I put in the same question

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Is it possible to add this to Luka's Modular menu?
Yes. Add this to the bottom of Plugins/Modular Menu/[001] Config/Config.rb :
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  Item Crafting
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModularMenu.add_entry(:CRAFTING, _INTL("Crafting"), "menuCrafting") do |menu|
  pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
    scene = ItemCraft_Scene.new
    screen = ItemCraft_Screen.new(scene,pbGet(123))
    screen.pbStartScreen
  }
end
# condition to satisfy
ModularMenu.add_condition(:CRAFTING) { next !(pbGet(123)==0 || pbGet(123).empty?) }
You'll want a menu icon as well. Put it in Graphics/Icons and call it menuCrafting.png.
Then, read the second half of my reply here to understand how to use this resource with variables.

Let me know if you get stuck/have any questions. 🙂

Yukio

Novice
You can put a limit of cration for a object? for example you only can craft 3 potions

JtheDuelist

Novice
Just curious if this will be getting a v20 sometime soon- tried it in a v20 project and I crash as soon as successfully craft an item:
1654389859756.png

CoreBear

Chad Nidoqueen Enjoyer
Exciting to have it updated! I've noticed a teeny bug that presumably affects not just me; when crafting say, a sitrus berry, it said it was putting the item in the mail pocket; I'm not sure what caused this, perhaps my calling the crafting from Voltseon's Pause Menu affected it somehow, but to fix it- go to
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
def pbCraftItem(stock)
and find:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMessage(_INTL("You put the {1} away\\nin the <icon=bagPocket{2}>\\c[1]{3} Pocket\\c[0].",
  itemname,pocket,PokemonBag.pocket_names()[pocket]))
After that, all you need to do is add a - 1 in [pocket]. I don't know if that makes sense but my 1 am brain says it's good enough

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-24 004252.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 004252.png
    3 KB · Views: 102

CoreBear

Chad Nidoqueen Enjoyer
Without my fix (Berry icon but says mail pocket) vs. with my fix

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-24 004728.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 004728.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2022-06-24 004825.png