• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Suit & Tie

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Discontinued

Title Screen 2.png

Screenshots

Shadow Pidgeotto.png
Rocket Intro.png
Bill battle.png
Poke snack.png
Proton Event.png
Oak Battle.png

Features

As you can probably tell by the title screen, you will start off the game with an Eevee
Complete a 3 Chapter Story that breaks past 2 hours in length

Explore Kanto, 16 years before the events of FRLG
Shadow Pokémon make a return
FRLG/RSE styled UI and Sound

Made Using

Pokémon Essentials v18
RPG Maker XP

Photoshop
Audacity

Team

Lead Developer:
Vxpor (Me)
With the help of: lichenprincess

Notes:

This is the first project I have actually released to the public and I feel like those who will play it will have a blast! I am super excited to finally show off this project. The main focus of this game was to cut out plot holes and that is exactly what I aimed to do. Bringing back Shadow Pokémon was a must for me as well, as I loved both of the Pokémon Gamecube games and wanted to bring people a similar experience, just in a different form. If you play my game and have any questions, please feel free to reach out and I will gladly be willing to help you out.

Now that this project is complete, I will be transitioning back to my main, larger project by the name of
Pokémon Tabula Rasa. If you are interested in checking out my other work, then please check out that project of mine, as we are working diligently to make it one of the best fangames out there. If you don't want to, that's cool too ;)
Downloads
Game Download (v2.1) | Resource Pack

Patches

Credits

A game by Vxpor

With the Help of:
lichenprincess

Winter Jam 2 Graphics
Relic Castle Staff

GBA-Style Pokémon Sprites
Spriters-Resource

FRLG/RSE Menu Elements
Spriters-Resource

Roaming Icons
Grand Emperor of Zelron & WolfPP

Roaming Icon Script
FL

Seagallop (boat "cutscene") & Password in Events
Mr. Gela

Wall Clock Script & Graphics
FL; adapted to v18 by Ardicoozer

Wall Clock Tile
Spriters-Resource

Stat Down/Up Animation
KleinStudio, bo4p5687, & LDEJRuff

DS Evolution Scene
KleinStudio

Intro Background
Colormush on Tumblr

Pokemon Gender Symbol
Pokémon Splice

Bill Trainer Sprite
Bulbapedia (Fame Checker)

Battle Animations
- The Pokemon Reborn team -
Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo, Pokemon Mystery Universe, & eslug

Archer, Proton, Petrel, & Ariana Overworld Sprites
Aveontrainer

Archer, Proton, & Ariana Trainer Sprites
Pokemonrater

Plugins by Luka S.J
Luka's Scripting Utilities
Modular Title Screen

Plugins by Marin
Marin's Scripting Utilities
Marin's Footprints

Some Awesome Essentials Tutorials
Thundaga on YouTube/Twitch

Simple Quest System + UI 1.01
Mej71; Updated for v18 by derFischae

Battle Introductions
bo4p5687 & Richard PT

FRLG Summary Screen and Party Screen
Seyuna

Simple Exit Arrows
Tustin2121

Mid Battle Dialogue/Scripted Battles
Golisopod User & Luka SJ

Following Pokemon EX
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, mej71, Help-14, PurpleZaffre, & Akizakura16

Overworld/Following Pokemon Sprites
Generation 8 Project for v18

Essentials Text Skip Tutorial
Amethyst & Kurotsune

Kanto Region Map & Boat Tileset
JohtoBlaziken's Bootleg Pokémon FireRed

RGSS FmodEx extension
FIRELIGHT TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD., Enterbrain, Nuri Yuri, & GiraPrimal

Implementing missing sound effects
DerxwnaKapsyla

Shadow Type Icon
Pokemon Essentials v17.2

Misc. Cutscene Sound Effects
Toby Fox

Undertale Save Text Box
Spriters Resource & Toby Fox

Fast Talking Phone Voice
Baby Lamb Creations on YouTube

BW 'Shout' Sound Effect
Boonzeet's Message Effect Script

Trainer Intro: Looping BGM instead of ME
Boonzeet

Battle! Bede & Avery Remixes (Wes Battle)
Zame

Wes Sprites
DARKSHADE, Kagex

Battle Revolution Announcer Voice Lines
Spriters-Resource

Car Start/Departure Sound Effect
BigSoundBank.com

Record Scratch Sound Effect
freesound.org

Vs. Alder GBA Remix
Kumquat

RPG Maker XP
Enterbrain

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
help-14 Rataime
IceGod64 SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock the__end
KitsuneKouta Venom12
Lisa Anthony Wachunga
Luka S.J
and everyone else who helped out

(And if there are any credits I missed, please let me know!)

Winter Jam 2 Graphic Usage

Pokeball:
After talking with the Silph Co president, you will get your starter inside an upside-down green Poké Ball named the Silph Ball

Suit Trainer:
In this game, the trainer wearing a suit will actually be the character you play as. During the intro sequence, you will pick from one of the three trainer outfits. These have been slightly edited to make the hair and eye colors match. (You can change your suit, but only after you beat the game)

Letter with Note:
Found in the back of the player's truck after beating the two team rocket grunts at the beginning of the game. You will get this again, but with text on it after talking to Bill on Route 25. After all of that, you will obtain the final version with the decrypted text inside Lavender Town's Pokémon Tower.

Leaf:
In one of three pots in a secret room on the S.S. Libra. Because it is tracked with a variable, it will be in the last pot interacted with out of the three. To get to the Celebi room, you have to interact with all of the other bookshelves on the S.S. Libra. On the last bookshelf that is interacted with, you will get a message telling you to take a book out. Once this is done, go to the second floor of the S.S. Libra and enter the room farthest to the left. Once you interact with this bookshelf, it will ask you if you want to move it aside. Once done, the secret room of Celebi is revealed. (NOTE: One of the bookshelves that need to be interacted with is on the 3rd floor of the S.S. Libra. To complete the event, DO NOT TALK TO THE CAPTAIN THAT IS BLOCKING THE STAIRS. If you talk to the captain, you will not be able to go back down to access the secret room because it will roll the credits.)

Reach Out Here
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reach out at the outlets below:
Email: shatteredn3xus@gmail.com
Discord: N3xus_#5810

Discord Server

Last edited:

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
Update #6:
Hey everyone, Version 2.1 is out now! To be able to play, hit the download button on the main forum page or click the attached link in this comment.

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
My Run ended with a crash in Vermillion after the 5 grunts...
Usually when I make these I have to collect my thoughts and try to come up with positives and things I liked about the game so I can accurately reflect on my time spent while giving ample criticism. This game however is the first in a while that has made me genuinely want to gush about how much I love it. The attention to detail and what lengths you went to in order to make everything accurate to Gen 3 was something not a lot of devs try to do. Not to mention the premise is so simple yet you take it in a very interesting direction and make it a lot of fun along the way.

I understand not having wild pokemon because its a shadow pokemon game, but that makes battling and getting prepared for trainers exceptionally difficult and it feels like every battle is a mountain you need to climb, or like you're trying to swim and struggling to keep your head above water when a large wave comes down.

Sadly I wasn't able to finish the game, I got a crash in Vermillion town and it brought my back to Bill's house, and I don't have the energy to keep playing. It was definitely one of my favorite Jam games so far!! Excellent work!
1617675864874.png

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
My Run ended with a crash in Vermillion after the 5 grunts...
Usually when I make these I have to collect my thoughts and try to come up with positives and things I liked about the game so I can accurately reflect on my time spent while giving ample criticism. This game however is the first in a while that has made me genuinely want to gush about how much I love it. The attention to detail and what lengths you went to in order to make everything accurate to Gen 3 was something not a lot of devs try to do. Not to mention the premise is so simple yet you take it in a very interesting direction and make it a lot of fun along the way.

I understand not having wild pokemon because its a shadow pokemon game, but that makes battling and getting prepared for trainers exceptionally difficult and it feels like every battle is a mountain you need to climb, or like you're trying to swim and struggling to keep your head above water when a large wave comes down.

Sadly I wasn't able to finish the game, I got a crash in Vermillion town and it brought my back to Bill's house, and I don't have the energy to keep playing. It was definitely one of my favorite Jam games so far!! Excellent work!
View attachment 3486
Hey there, thanks for the feedback! Sorry you weren't able to finish the game. I will definitely try and look into that bug as soon as possible!

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
Hey there, thanks for the feedback! Sorry you weren't able to finish the game. I will definitely try and look into that bug as soon as possible!
It has something to do with the footprints an following pokemon - it may have something to do with my first pokemon in the party being fainted, and my next pokemon walking on the sand and the footprints might have gotten messed up, I'm unfamiliar with the scripts tho

Hey there! I got a chance to play your game and I reviewed it on my channel! Here are some of my thoughts:

I really like the aesthetic of this game. I always enjoy going into a region of an official game and experiencing a story that adds lore to the official games. It's done well, too, as the mapping, graphics, and music was faithful to the FireRed/LeafGreen which created a link between the two games. I also loved the little animation that popped up when a shadow Pokemon appeared. However, I thought there were some issues with the writing. I go over this more in-depth in my video, but I felt that a lot of events that happened throughout the game happened for no reason, or they didn't make sense. Overall though, I enjoyed this game a lot!

Yin

Queen of out-dated memes
This was a really fun game! I like how you can beat a VERY large portion of it with just an eevee lol I only evolved mine to fight Giovanni, and never caught any other pokemon

I like when people stray away from the classic pokemon adventure storyline and make something unique, kudos to that

Last edited:

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
This was a really fun game! I like how you can beat a VERY large portion of it with just an eevee lol I only evolved mine to fight Giovanni, and never caught any other pokemon

I like when people stray away from the classic pokemon adventure storyline and make something unique, kudos to that
Thanks! I have discontinued the project, but love when people come back to play it. Thanks for the support

Back