• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Banished Platinum

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
2024-05-02_18_12_35.733.png

Pokémon Banished Platinum is a Pokémon Platinum remake made with Pokémon Essentials. Building upon objectively the best game in the Sinnoh triad, it preserves the important elements such as the characters, region layout and plot, while introducing new features and quality of life changes, in addition to a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

latest.png
latest.png
latest.png

Features

Expanded Sinnoh Pokédex of 400 Pokémon
New and returning Mega Evolutions
Sinnohan Forms
Following Pokémon

Unlimited Use TMs/No HMs
Ability Capsules and Ability Patches
Nature Mints
Hearthome Colosseum (replaces contest hall)
Jubilife TV battle rooms
Increased difficulty and level caps
Nuzlocke mode
Hidden Grottos
New moves and new Abilities
New shiny colorations
Doubled shiny rate

Convenient services in each Pokémon Center
Portraits for the main characters
Wild encounter list
All Sinnoh legendaries obtainable
All starters obtainable through trading
Hisuian Forms and Pokémon

Some Generation 9 Pokémon
No Trade Evolutions
Wonder Trade
Box Link
Revamped Bag Pockets
Improved overworld and battle graphics

ORAS-esque redesigns for characters
Zame's remastered Sinnoh tunes

Screenshots

template-png.png

Fellow Eevee Expo members BiggusWeeabus, King_Waluigi and lichenprincess have been an enormous help with this game, as well as Cthulu the Noodles Man on Discord. Without their contributions, the game would not be at the level of quality it's at now. This game also utilizes the resources made public here by talented developers and scripters. Everyone who has made a mark on this game in some way can be found in the credits list below.

Credits

Discord Server
Current Version Download

Banished Platinum Wiki

Latest Demo's content: 4 Gyms/Up to Route 213

Attachments

• StarterMegas.png
    StarterMegas.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 31,334
  • Barry_Flustered.png
    Barry_Flustered.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 25,904
  • Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 26,025
  • Lucas_Wink.png
    Lucas_Wink.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 9,992
  • SinnohForms.png
    SinnohForms.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 10,530
  • TitleScreen.gif
    TitleScreen.gif
    724.6 KB · Views: 48,437
  • template.png
    template.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,846
Last edited:

Leondrea

Trainer
I'm playing banished platinum and I'm on my first badge, and I have found some bugs and graphical issues:

• Nurse Joy animation, nurse joy walks backwards and don't put pokéballs in the healing machine.
  • On the Town where you get the first Gym Badge, when you go north to the route with the bycicle slop, and try to walk up - the game freezes.

I have to play more to see more bugs

Nascour

Rookie
View attachment 6861

Pokémon Banished Platinum is a Pokémon Platinum remake made with Pokémon Essentials. Building upon objectively the best game in the Sinnoh triad, it preserves the important elements such as the characters, region layout and plot, while introducing new features and quality of life changes, in addition to a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

View attachment 6855

Features

Expanded Sinnoh Pokédex
Mega Evolution
Sinnohan Forms
Following Pokémon

Unlimited Use TMs
No HMs
Marts sell Ability Capsules
Hearthome Colosseum
Jubilife TV Battle Rooms
Increased Difficulty
Nuzlocke Mode
Hidden Grottos
New Moves
New Abilities
New Shinies
Doubled Shiny Rate

Convenient services in each Pokémon Center
Character Sprites/Mugshots
DexNav/Encounter List
All Sinnoh Legendaries Obtainable
All Three Starters Obtainable
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Starters Obtainable
No Trade Evolutions
Wonder Trade
Box Link
Better Looking Overworld

Zame's remastered Sinnoh tunes

Screenshots
View attachment 6859

View attachment 6856 View attachment 6857View attachment 6858

Fellow Relic Castle members BiggusWeeabus, King_Waluigi and lichenprincess have been an enormous help with this game. Without their contributions, the game would not be at the level of quality it's at now. This game also utilizes the resources made public here by talented developers and scripters. Everyone who has made a mark on this game in some way can be found in the credits list below.

Credits

Discord Server
Current Version Download

Banished Platinum Wiki

Latest Demo's content: 4 Gyms/Up to Veilstone City​
This is a great fangame so far and I know it's made for free; and it isn't even completely finished, so I won't go as hard as I would on a pokemon game made by gamefreak. I love the new look of the areas so far and the new pokemon variety the art for most characters looks great too. However nurse joy looks terrible and so does the art for jupiter I imagine with time that will be fixed as this is only a demo. Another thing I don't really like is the removal of the poketch but i guess it may be harder to work on a emulator, the poketch was tailored for the ds after all. I'm guessing the rest of the underground will come later, cus all u can do now is mine. Another thing I don't really know why pokemon contests were replaced by colosseums I like the reference but I don't think contests had to be completely removed. Maybe I'm wrong though and contests are gonna be added in a future patch idk. The eterna city galactic building looks more like d+p version of it which i imagine will also be changed in a future patch. Another thing is I've had the game crash on me a few times which I imagine is because it's in early development, generally just be careful and save and you'll be fine. Overall a great fangame so far, I'm look forward to using new megas I was always sad gamefreak abandoned that mechanic after gen 6.

Leondrea

Trainer
This is a great fangame so far and I know it's made for free; and it isn't even completely finished, so I won't go as hard as I would on a pokemon game made by gamefreak. I love the new look of the areas so far and the new pokemon variety the art for most characters looks great too. However nurse joy looks terrible and so does the art for jupiter I imagine with time that will be fixed as this is only a demo. Another thing I don't really like is the removal of the poketch but i guess it may be harder to work on a emulator, the poketch was tailored for the ds after all. I'm guessing the rest of the underground will come later, cus all u can do now is mine. Another thing I don't really know why pokemon contests were replaced by colosseums I like the reference but I don't think contests had to be completely removed. Maybe I'm wrong though and contests are gonna be added in a future patch idk. The eterna city galactic building looks more like d+p version of it which i imagine will also be changed in a future patch. Another thing is I've had the game crash on me a few times which I imagine is because it's in early development, generally just be careful and save and you'll be fine. Overall a great fangame so far, I'm look forward to using new megas I was always sad gamefreak abandoned that mechanic after gen 6.
It is actually possible to make a Poketch for Essentials even with one screen. Technically, Contests would be also possible as I saw someone did add this feature to Essentials recently, I don't know how well it works but yes they could try to add that. If they don't add the Contest then maybe because they don't like it. Also, I miss the Underground. Cool you can mine but there is no Underground. If its not possible to do then make it possible in Caves and please add something where you can craft items, it would make the game more awesome.

Nascour

Rookie
It is actually possible to make a Poketch for Essentials even with one screen. Technically, Contests would be also possible as I saw someone did add this feature to Essentials recently, I don't know how well it works but yes they could try to add that. If they don't add the Contest then maybe because they don't like it. Also, I miss the Underground. Cool you can mine but there is no Underground. If its not possible to do then make it possible in Caves and please add something where you can craft items, it would make the game more awesome.
Another thing I noticed while playing recently is they removed seals on pokeballs which i get is probably hard to program. But it's still disappointing

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
Hey, Zygoat. I saw further in the thread that someone asked if the tilesets were free to use, but it looks like that was before they were updated. Are the updated tilesets free to use as well, or do you and BiggusWeeabus prefer to keep that proprietary?

Also wanted to say, since I haven't before now, that I'm looking forward to the game! Platinum was the first Pokémon game I owned and is still my favorite, so I've been excited for this project ever since I first saw it (haven't gotten around to playing the demo yet due various reasons like burnout, which happens frequently to me unfortunately). I come back from time to time to check up on the progress and I really need to get around to playing the demo lol.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Hey, Zygoat. I saw further in the thread that someone asked if the tilesets were free to use, but it looks like that was before they were updated. Are the updated tilesets free to use as well, or do you and BiggusWeeabus prefer to keep that proprietary?
I'm open to still allowing people to use the tileset if they want to, it will make for some nice-looking games if anyone does decide to use the updated version. I might upload it to the site as a resource to make that process easier since it's different enough from the original tileset now to justify it.

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
I'm open to still allowing people to use the tileset if they want to, it will make for some nice-looking games if anyone does decide to use the updated version. I might upload it to the site as a resource to make that process easier since it's different enough from the original tileset now to justify it.
Awesome, glad to hear it! I'm all for giving back to the community so we can all just keep making better and better games. Unfortunately I can't do much beyond just small sprite edits myself, so I don't have much of my own to give yet lol. Anyway, thank you!

When is the next update?
Fangame development is done by hobbyists for free. Because of that, fangames don't have development schedules like professional games, and they don't really have any reason to hold off on releasing a product when it's done. Some developers will give estimates if they feel confident they can get something done in time, but otherwise, the only answer to "When is this fangame going to be done?" is "Whenever it's finished."

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
The exp share is in the gate that leads to the cycling road which you can get once you're in Eterna City.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Is this game still being worked on?
Yes it is, I was taking a break for a few months but it's being worked on again and I'm adding the Hisuian Pokemon as well as the new evolutions from Scarlet and Violet (Annihilape, Kingambit, etc)

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
So here is an early 2023 progress report on the status of the game.

I have been really excited to work on it with all the new features and changes I have planned, and the next update will be a bigger jump in quality than any previous update has been for the one before it. Since I have been on a trend of giving the updates titles like what Minecraft does, I will be calling this one the Giant Leap update. Why? The game is going to be moving forward not just one, but two whole Pokémon Essentials versions. It is making the leap from v18.1 to v20.1, skipping v19.1 entirely due to v20.1 already being available by the time I'm doing this. It is also indicative of the huge increase in quality of the game in general.

What does this mean? Massively reduced lag across the board, the ability to remap your controls, flash animations for Poke Balls, no more teleporting follower Pokémon when crossing maps, Pokédex entries appearing when obtaining Pokémon through evolutions, egg hatching, gifts, etc., as well as compatibility with the latest and greatest resources here at Relic Castle.

You can expect a bunch of new features due to this, but that's not all. I was originally only adding the new evolutions from gen 9, but because the game will now be in v20.1 it will be possible to easily add the entirety of gen 9 to the game. This won't really affect wild encounters, because the regional dex still only has the new evolutions, but with the wonder trade feature, you will be able to get many other Scarlet and Violet Pokémon.

I am also going back through the game and making a lot of changes to the existing content in the game, like adding a way to get Hisuian forms, changing up the teams of Gym Leaders, making more changes to the overworld, and other things of that nature. The fifth gym will also finally be added, as well as all the routes that surround Pastoria City.

2023 is shaping up to be a very good year for this game and it's just gotten started. Here are some previews of what is to come:

[2023-02-16] 18_11_10.507.png
[2023-02-16] 18_14_18.222.png

[2023-02-16] 16_12_49.582.png
[2023-02-16] 18_08_23.316.png

BasiliskArt

Rookie
Hi! The link to the discord appears to be dead. I wanted to ask about the Underground and if I can find the gen 5 and later fossils in there, too?

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
The link is fixed now. The underground only has the two gen 4 fossils available in the current public version but with the next update the fossils for Tyrunt and Amaura will be available as well because they are in the regional dex

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast

Nick Blaze

Novice
Hi! The link to the discord appears to be dead. I wanted to ask about the Underground and if I can find the gen 5 and later fossils in there, too?
the link is broken again also hows the progress going, do we have any news?

Back