• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Banished Platinum

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version

CbSjFav.png

Pokémon Banished Platinum is a Pokémon Platinum remake made with Pokémon Essentials. Building upon objectively the best game in the Sinnoh triad, it preserves the important elements such as the characters, region layout and plot, while introducing new features and quality of life changes, in addition to a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

mReFTeU.png

Features

Expanded Sinnoh Pokédex of 400 Pokémon
New and returning Mega Evolutions
Sinnohan Forms
Following Pokémon

Unlimited Use TMs/No HMs
Ability Capsules and Ability Patches
Nature Mints
Hearthome Colosseum (replaces contest hall)
Jubilife TV battle rooms
Increased difficulty and level caps
Nuzlocke mode
Hidden Grottos
New moves and new Abilities
New shiny colorations
Doubled shiny rate

Convenient services in each Pokémon Center
Portraits for the main characters
Wild encounter list
All Sinnoh legendaries obtainable
All starters obtainable through trading
Hisuian Forms and Pokémon

Some Generation 9 Pokémon
No Trade Evolutions
Wonder Trade
Box Link
Revamped Bag Pockets
Improved overworld and battle graphics

ORAS-esque redesigns for player characters
Zame's remastered Sinnoh tunes

Screenshots

xAMXYMW.png

Fellow Eevee Expo members BiggusWeeabus, King_Waluigi and lichenprincess have been an enormous help with this game, as well as Cthulu the Noodles Man on Discord. Without their contributions, the game would not be at the level of quality it's at now. This game also utilizes the resources made public here by talented developers and scripters. Everyone who has made a mark on this game in some way can be found in the credits list below.

Credits

Discord Server
Current Version Download

Banished Platinum Wiki

Latest Demo's content: 4 Gyms/Up to Route 213

Attachments

• StarterMegas.png
    StarterMegas.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 31,334
  • Barry_Flustered.png
    Barry_Flustered.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 25,904
  • Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    Cynthia_ClosedEyeSmile.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 26,025
  • Lucas_Wink.png
    Lucas_Wink.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 9,992
  • SinnohForms.png
    SinnohForms.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 10,530
  • TitleScreen.gif
    TitleScreen.gif
    724.6 KB · Views: 48,437
  • template.png
    template.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,846
Last edited:

GummiJuice

Rookie
So I keep getting an error? I'm still near the beginning of the game, just kind of training up my team a bit on the route to the north of Sandgem Town. It seems to happen when some of my Pokemon reach level 6...?? I don't have a screenshot of the error (I keep forgetting to take a screenshot of it) but it seems to trigger after some of my Pokemon reach level 6 in the first patch of grass to the north of Sandgem Town and I take one step after finishing the battle.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
So I keep getting an error? I'm still near the beginning of the game, just kind of training up my team a bit on the route to the north of Sandgem Town. It seems to happen when some of my Pokemon reach level 6...?? I don't have a screenshot of the error (I keep forgetting to take a screenshot of it) but it seems to trigger after some of my Pokemon reach level 6 in the first patch of grass to the north of Sandgem Town and I take one step after finishing the battle.
Thanks for reporting this! A screenshot of the error would be very much appreciated though, because error messages typically describe what the problem is, making it easier to fix it. If you could take a screenshot and post it, that would be a huge help.

GummiJuice

Rookie
Thanks for reporting this! A screenshot of the error would be very much appreciated though, because error messages typically describe what the problem is, making it easier to fix it. If you could take a screenshot and post it, that would be a huge help.
I will, I'll see if i can get it to happen.

GummiJuice

Rookie
While I couldn't figure out how to get the other error to appear (tho I remember it was some kind of script error), I went to the Pokedex (or tried to) and got this error.
1630517412079.png

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
While I couldn't figure out how to get the other error to appear (tho I remember it was some kind of script error), I went to the Pokedex (or tried to) and got this error.
View attachment 6623
Did you start your save file in the most recent version? Having an old save file from before the game was updated seems to be the cause of this bug, due to a new Pokemon species being added (Missingno.) between versions, and starting a new save would likely fix it. It's understandable if you don't want to start a new save though. Unfortunately bugs like this are a side effect of releasing demos of a game before it is complete :/

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
How do you evolve haunter to Genger
I've answered this in DM but for anyone else who might need to know this, there's an item called the Link Cable which works just like an evolution stone but it's used for Pokemon who evolve through trading. You can get three of them for free from Lucas or Dawn on route 207 and then buy more at the department store.

Kadabra, Graveler, Machoke, Haunter, Gurdurr, Boldore, Phantump and Pumpkaboo all evolve with this method.
The trade evolutions that require an item were changed to function like Sneasel/Gligar's where you just level them up while they're holding that item.

If anyone has more questions, feel free to ask!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Hello, can I know When was this last updated date??
Oh sorry! I didn't see that you had asked this question here until after you had joined the Discord and asked it there, oops 😅

In case anyone else who isn't in the Discord was wondering the same thing: this game was last updated on July 29th, and that update added Route 209 through Veilstone City to the demo.

As far as future updates go, I think I might be releasing a smaller one soon....well smaller in the sense that It won't be including any new routes or cities, but it will have a huge effect on the quality of the game overall, and the kind of impression it makes for new players. BiggusWeeabus has gone through the effort of redesigning all the outdoor maps to go with updated tilesets and it's a very lovely visual improvement to the existing content in the game. I'm also in the process of changing the water tiles to use DeepBluePacificWaves' HGSS Autotiles. After that, the game probably won't be updated until the main story is finished, putting the demo in a nice place since it would be basically the halfway point.

Here are the kinds of visuals you can expect when this tileset upgrade drops:

TwinleafTown.png

The game is looking more and more like a gen 5 game as we update it, and that's always a good thing in my book 😎

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
This probably has been answered already but do you know when the next update is? I'm at Veilstone and can't go further. Have to say, I absolutely LOVE this game, especially Luxray's mega evolution caught me off guard. Very good job!
It would have likely been released by now, but I needed to take a break from working on the game for some personal reasons, sorry 😞 I'm able to work on the game again, but the next update is going to only rebalance the game and update the tilesets like in the image in the post before your post. After that the game won't be updated other than bugfixes until the main story is done, but I can post screenshots of the progress we make!

I'm glad you enjoyed the content in the game so far and the unique spin we put on a mega Luxray design!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
A new update for this game is out now! It rebalances the level curve to be more challenging and it upgrades the tilesets and maps to be more like gen 5! The wonder trade system has been changed too to be more realistic. The link on the first page has been updated so you can download it from there.

Massive thanks to BiggusWeeabus for upgrading the tilesets and going through the effort of remaking all the existing outdoor maps to go with them. It was a lot of work, and is very much appreciated, the game looks incredible now 😀

Wispy_buunn

Rookie
View attachment 6861

Pokémon Banished Platinum is a Pokémon Platinum remake made with Pokémon Essentials. Building upon objectively the best game in the Sinnoh triad, it preserves the important elements such as the characters, region layout and plot, while introducing new features and quality of life changes, in addition to a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

View attachment 6855

Features

Expanded Sinnoh Pokédex
Mega Evolution
Sinnohan Forms
Following Pokémon

Unlimited Use TMs
No HMs
Marts sell Ability Capsules
Hearthome Colosseum
Jubilife TV Battle Rooms
Increased Difficulty
Nuzlocke Mode
Hidden Grottos
New Moves
New Abilities
New Shinies
Doubled Shiny Rate

Convenient services in each Pokémon Center
Character Sprites/Mugshots
DexNav/Encounter List
All Sinnoh Legendaries Obtainable
All Three Starters Obtainable
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Starters Obtainable
No Trade Evolutions
Wonder Trade
Box Link
Better Looking Overworld

Zame's remastered Sinnoh tunes

Screenshots
View attachment 6859

View attachment 6856 View attachment 6857View attachment 6858

Fellow Relic Castle members BiggusWeeabus, King_Waluigi and lichenprincess have been an enormous help with this game. Without their contributions, the game would not be at the level of quality it's at now. This game also utilizes the resources made public here by talented developers and scripters. Everyone who has made a mark on this game in some way can be found in the credits list below.

Credits

Discord Server
Current Version Download

Banished Platinum Wiki

Latest Demo's content: 4 Gyms/Up to Veilstone City​
I already downloaded the Zip on android,and i don't know what to do with it,pls reply

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
I already downloaded the Zip on android,and i don't know what to do with it,pls reply
To play the game on android, you need to have the joiplay app and there are tutorials on how to set it up like this one:

Wispy_buunn

Rookie
Btw,can't you like ...play the Rom in a original ds emulator,not with joiplay?cuz joiplay is kinda rigid.

PXPlayer

Rookie
With which version of Essentials was Banished Platinum developed?
Would you tell me, I need to know which version of Essentials is the best way to go

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
With which version of Essentials was Banished Platinum developed?
Would you tell me, I need to know which version of Essentials is the best way to go
This game is being developed in v18.1 but the best version to use would be v19.1 as it's the most current and has the best features. This game was started before v19.1 came out so it was too late to use that version but if you're starting a new game just use v19.1

Back