• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Pathways

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version

New Pathwayz.jpg

OVERVIEW

~Made using Pokemon Essentials~

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,

catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.

Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical

Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently

being worked on by two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.

We hope you all enjoy playing it.

Without further delay!

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS

~ Player's Choice
- A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.

~ Character Stats

- Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These while bonding, these NPC's will give you a variety of things.
Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.

~ Save Through Sleep
- You are only able to save the game when you sleep and start a new day, Not when you want!
This feature is to force you to think about your choices because there is no going back and redoing, unless you're willing to forfeit a days worth of progress.

GAME DOWNLOAD

I strongly recommend you play the game blind, however, if you'd like a bit more information to help your run, here are some Guides made by Shinu_Guardian, Yukine13 and Arcturus
Master Guide

SUPPORT
If you have any questions or would like to speak with us directly, you can find us on our Discord Server Here.
I am BORN, and the one working with me is LYGN.

We do other creative things such as making music, videos, art, and more.

CREDITS
Owner:
GrayHatred (Aka BORN)

Co-Owner:
LYGN

Developers:
Shinu Guardian
Miloszelex
Rexzo Kuxne
Barret
FyreEater
Arcturus
Omni
Aero
Vastus
Aruhi

Contributors:
Woofa
DJ-Devil
Midnight

Alpha Testers:

Zim32
Duoshiki
DmvKam
Concord1a122
OxenKing
Quap
Luvyaoi
Pienyx
----
Developers:

Maruno
Poccil
Mej71
Marin
Flameguru
MiDas Mike/Emily Konichi
Unknown
Wachunga
KitsuneKouta
MakaAttack202
xLeD
Harshboy
FL
Soundspawn
Popper
Golisopod User
DerFischae
Vendily
JV
Marin
NettoHikari
Richard PT
bo4p5687
Theo/MrGela
Zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Help-14
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Luka S.J
Gamefreak
Not Important
Nintendo
Sega
SonicTeam
Enterbrain

KNOWN BUGS
These are bugs I am aware of and working on, but are not fixed in the current game's release.

Pokemon Pathways Known Bugs List

Last edited:

darku.sayzzz

Novice
Maxie, archie and Giovanni is telling me to talk with sailor but sailor is not giving any new location anyone know what to do ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114-212045_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-212045_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 93

Darth Vorpal

Rookie
I found an error trying to teach my dark spectreon using the move maniac. It seems replicable.

Script 'Interpreter' line 192: RuntimeError occured.

Script error in event 20 (coords 18,11), map 100 (Academy Library):
Esception ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Move, String, Integer], but got NilClass.

***Full script:
pbRelearnMoveScreen(pbGetPokemon(1))

Backtrace:
015:Validation:29:in 'validate'
101:GameData:26:in 'get'
290:UI_MoveRelearner:91:in 'pbDrawMoveList'
290:UI_MoveRelearner:46:in 'pbStartScene'
290:UI_MoveRelearner:174:in ';pbStartScreen'
290:UI_MoveRelearner:200:in 'block in pbRelearnMoveScreen'
080:MessageConfig:562:in 'pbFadeOu

dawadw

Rookie
My Frogadier isn't evolving it's already level 50, does anyone know what to do?
I got it from the Insanity room.

itstormy130

Rookie
Also, can anyone tell me the benefits of shadow pokemon?

This Is the document about everything

Grayhatred

Novice
Happy New Years!!!

1/1/2024 | Alpha 8.5 | Anniversary Update
Summarized Update:
  • Hail has been converted to its Gen 9 counterpart: Snow.
  • Three professional move tutors (one of which can be found at the Battle Club) have been added to the game and some miscellaneous one.
  • Several Pokémon have been rebalanced, which includes many buffs and a few nerfs.
  • Some sprites have been revamped
  • Many brand new moves and abilities were created for the above reason.
  • Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee have been reworked entirely.
  • Combee, Salandit and Lechonk now have species specific items (similar to Light Ball.) They are rarely held by wild individuals; so, you can get them by using Thief or Covet. Note: that Lechonk is currently unavailable.
  • Paradox pokemons now have their respective Paradox Abilities (Protosynthesis and Quark Drive), players who have obtained Paradox Pokemons in previous updates may use an ability patch to change to these abilities for their Paradox Pokemon.
  • Ruination Pokemon have also received their respective Ruination Abilities (Beads of Ruin, Sword of Ruin, Tablets of Ruin, Vessel of Ruin).
  • Ability Patch can now revert Hidden Abilities and Instructor taught Abilities to the primary ability of a Pokemon.
  • Maxwell's Neferpitou regains its cape at the end of battle, for previous contest winners.
  • Role Abilities are kept at the end of Mega-Evolution (the Pokémon will revert to the specific ability instead of defaulting to its natural one.) Roles were rebalanced to reflect that change.
  • Several bugs were fixed, including Bank interest issues.
  • The Insanity Room was moved to Mind Asylum after a revamp of the New Dawn.
  • Pokemon Storage space was extended by ten boxes.

Detailed Update:

[Usable by Players]
  • Hail has been transformed to the weather Snow. A weather condition that does not deal end of turn damage, however, it increases the defense of ice types by 50% and triggers hail-related abilities and moves.
  • Paradox pokemons now have their respective Paradox Abilities (Protosynthesis and Quark Drive), players who have obtained Paradox Pokemons in previous updates may use an ability patch to change to these abilities for their Paradox Pokemon.
  • Ruination pokemons similar to Paradox pokemons have also received their respective Ruination Abilities (Beads of Ruin, Sword of Ruin, Tablets of Ruin, Vessel of Ruin).
  • Ability Patch can now revert Hidden Abilities and Instructor taught Abilities to Ability 0 of a Pokemon.
  • Venture Bond, Honor Bond, and Trouble Bond have been nerfed and no longer give a double 50% boost for STAB moves. (They still receive the regular STAB bonus, but not an additional Adaptability 50%.)
  • Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee have received new hidden abilities, Light Born and Evoboost.
  • Lokix has received a new form transforming ability, Showdown Mode.
  • Unovian Darmanitan now changes form into Zen Mode upon entering the battle with the ability Zen Mode, however Galarian Darmanitan remains the same as before.
  • Schooling and Showdown Mode reverts the Pokemons to their Original Form at 10% HP, previously 25% HP for Schooling.
  • Shinu/Maxwell's Neferpitou does not lose its cape anymore after battle, for previous contest winners. (This update should theoretically allow players that have already lost Neferpitou's cape to bring it back after ending any single Battle.)
  • Dig has been disabled in the Overworld and can no longer be used outside of Battle.
  • Teleport has been fixed and can now be used during Trainer battles.
  • The moves Syrup Bomb, Gigaton Hammer, and Blood Moon now work as intended in the Main Line Pokemon Games.
  • The amount healed by healing items have been fixed.
  • Flower Trick's Accuracy has been updated to truly never miss.
  • Octazooka has been updated to 100% accuracy and will now always crit.
  • Pokemons that Mega Evolve will now retain their pre-mega evolution abilities.
  • Starf Berry is now usable.
  • Lunar Blessing now heals the user by 30% of its total HP and cures status condition.

[Not Usable by Players currently]
  • Unown has received a new form transforming ability, Swarming. It is similar to Schooling and Showdown Mode that transforms Unown upon entering the battle but reverts when Unown is left with 10% HP and Levitate.
  • Rayquaza can now Mega Evolve while having the move Dragon's Ascent.
  • Hisuian Samurott can now Mega Evolve while holding a Samurottite Mega Stone.
  • Partner Move Functionalities have been implemented for their signature 'Return' moves.

- New Weather
-- Raging Sandstorm (Primordial Sandstorm that has the same effects as a regular sandstorm but also nullifies Grass-Type Moves.)

- New abilities have been added:
-- Dragon Fear (Only works as intended in Single Battles currently)
-- Barren Desert (Brings forth the Raging Sandstorm Weather)
-- Bee Ware (Bug-type Gale Wings)
-- Extra Cortex (Psychic-type Gale Wings)
-- Tellurize (Ground-type Aerilate)
-- Fly Trap (Absorbs incoming Bug-type damage and makes the Pokemon immune to Poison)
-- Swiper (Doubles damage if the user is itemless, but steals its enemy's item upon being hit.)
-- Screamer (The Pokemon is immune to Sound-based moves and boosts the damage of its own Sound-based moves by 50%.)
-- Silk Mail (Increased both defenses by 50%, however adds a weakness to incoming Fire-type moves.)
-- Airborne (Special Attack version of Wind Rider. Pokémon with Wind Rider are immune to damage from wind moves and its Attack is increased by one stage when hit by one.)
-- Fusion Core (Water immunity, +50% SpA, and increased evasion under Rain.)
-- Iron Heel (Raises the damage of kicking moves.)
-- Soul Ablaze (Signature ability of Partner Riolu, raises the Pokemon's damage proportional to its %HP lost up to 99% at 1 HP, while if the user also holds a Cobalt Gem, it also raises both defenses similar to the increase in damage, while if it receives a killing blow from full HP, then it will survive with 1 HP however it will no longer benefit from defense increases and Cobalt Gem will be disabled for the rest of the battle.)
-- Sweet Heart (Doubles the power of Fairy-type moves.)
-- Gallant (May cause infatuation to Pokemons that inflict contact-based damage to the Ability-bearer regardless of their Gender, except Gender Undefined Pokemon)
-- Marksman (Boosts the power of Marksman-based moves.)
-- Ranger's Remedy (May cure the Ability-bearer's status condition on a 25% chance at the end of a turn.)
-- Vicious Edge (When the user attacks with a contact move, this ability makes the enemy lose 1/8th of its HP after damage calculation when the move hits.)
-- Frost Body (Contact on the Ability-Bearer may cause Frostbite)
-- Spirit Drain (Draws in incoming Ghost-type moves and then increases Sp. Def)
-- Embody Aspect for Ogerpon.

- New moves have been added:
-- Combustion
-- Break Dance
-- Wonder Shield
-- Kelp Wreck
-- Freaky Buzz
-- Funnest Funnel

- New items have been added:
-- Cobalt Gem
-- Malice Gem
-- Curious Bat
-- Booster Energy
-- Eggnog
-- Royal Jelly
-- Nuptial Veil
-- Golden Truffle

- New mechanics:
-- Bank interest
----------------------------------------------

daffarft

Rookie
i have a question
what is benefit of shadow pokemon?

and there's a bug when you choose to buy galar pokemon in black market, the game crashes

Grayhatred

Novice
1/6/2024 | Alpha 8.5.1 | Hotfix Update
  • Mortis the Vice Principal has been introduced and now has his own office!
  • New Role has been added! Entering the Gambler! Instructor is located in the New Dawn Bar! Ready to win big!?
  • Slight Improvements to overall Dynamax related sprites.
  • In Battle, the UI when pressing Shift has been updated.
  • Bugs were fixed including the following game-breaking ones: kicking move crash, DA/Black Market crash, Dragon Darts crash when it finds no target, and Magic Bounce shenanigans. Certain moves such as Muddy Water and Leaf Tornado will no longer crit all the time.
  • Gambler and Dark Knight's text have been slightly updated.
  • Some things were rebalanced, including Pokémon and some Role Instructors.
  • A Wishing Piece exchange system was added for unlucky people who only need one Mega Stone from Dynamax Adventure.
  • Players will now gain Dark Aura in the Black Market.
  • Some item/move descriptions were made more accurate too.
  • Grammar. Again.

PokemonMaster9

Rookie
I know there is a guide to certain things about the game but I still want to know how to turn my pokemon into shadow pokemon. Like what exactly do I do that.

Popemaster

Rookie
Dude, I last downloaded and played through to the end of B-Rank in September and that was 8.1 Alpha, now you're on 8.5 already!? Well done on constantly improving this game, you and your team are fantastic. This is easily one of my favorite fan games.

POkeKrAD

Rookie
This is a unique experience. Played for ~ 1.5 hrs, was really fun.
However a few issues/problems:

1. The opponent level jumps are not well balanced and their moves are too annoying. I reached a stage where grinding wild mons is useless. However the level jump of the NPC trainers was high. I feel like balancing the opponent levels more fairly would be nice. I lost a large chunk of money.

2. A lack of pokemon types early( in the time I played, I couldn't find a single fire type, maybe I missed something though). If I had a fire type or fighting type, defeating the dude in Pokemon training place where I improve my skill would be a lot easier for example.

3. Some pokemon are not that good as starters. A dark inclination, charm oriented trainer getting a Zorua makes sense, but Zorua isn't a good Pokemon. At early game it becomes an issue where you have limited options. Starters are supposed be your main mon at least till mid game.

4. I bought 3 cards but I couldn't play with the guy in the lounge idk why.

5. Why RNG in the zones? Getting any 1/3 zones in random seems like a bad idea. Why should I waste extra energy, based on luck? Giving an option to select would be great.

Despite what all of my problems I listed, the game is still enjoyable. A different take on Pokemon.

Edit 1: Yeah, the level balancing is terrible. The jump from C to B is awful. The funny thing is there is no way to tell that having pokemon in lvl 40s would be too low. The RNG before maxing out a zone is annoying as well. Is there some place to grind levels efficiently that I am missing?

Last edited:

darku.sayzzz

Novice
Bro
This is a unique experience. Played for ~ 1.5 hrs, was really fun.
However a few issues/problems:

1. The opponent level jumps are not well balanced and their moves are too annoying. I reached a stage where grinding wild mons is useless. However the level jump of the NPC trainers was high. I feel like balancing the opponent levels more fairly would be nice. I lost a large chunk of money.

2. A lack of pokemon types early( in the time I played, I couldn't find a single fire type, maybe I missed something though). If I had a fire type or fighting type, defeating the dude in Pokemon training place where I improve my skill would be a lot easier for example.

3. Some pokemon are not that good as starters. A dark inclination, charm oriented trainer getting a Zorua makes sense, but Zorua isn't a good Pokemon. At early game it becomes an issue where you have limited options. Starters are supposed be your main mon at least till mid game.

4. I bought 3 cards but I couldn't play with the guy in the lounge idk why.

5. Why RNG in the zones? Getting any 1/3 zones in random seems like a bad idea. Why should I waste extra energy, based on luck? Giving an option to select would be great.

Despite what all of my problems I listed, the game is still enjoyable. A different take on Pokemon.

Edit 1: Yeah, the level balancing is terrible. The jump from C to B is awful. The funny thing is there is no way to tell that having pokemon in lvl 40s would be too low. The RNG before maxing out a zone is annoying as well. Is there some place to grind levels efficiently that I am missing?
Bro for playing in the lounge you need minimum 5 cards and when you fully unlocked your floor field you will get option to choose where to go

Grayhatred

Novice
1/29/2024 | Alpha 8.5.3 | Bug Fixing Patch
  • Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu have their own custom Z-Moves for balance purposes. Veevee Volley and Pika Papow are the trigger moves for Eevium Z and Pikanium Z respectively.
  • Aran now has a fully working character and partner system. She is officially done.
  • Eros's battles now scale in quality. He is still one of the five unfinished characters, however.
  • The font size of Pokémon names in battle was reduced for longer names to fit in the interface.
  • The Call option in battle was replaced with Check, which is essentially a shortcut to the old
interface you could access by pressing Z/Shift in the battle menu.
  • The menu, the Pokémon selection and the Check interface were rehauled to be more aesthetically pleasing.
  • Grammar oversights were corrected as usual.
  • Fixed the brown rock crash of Fight Cave.
  • Fixed Lygn clones on Campus.
  • Fixed a number of moves' having wrong amounts of Power Points.
  • Fixed bugs pertaining to Partner Eevee.
  • Fixed a number of custom moves' not having a Z-Move effect.
  • Fixed a few issues pertaining to Pokémon graphics.

1/24/2024 | Alpha 8.5.2 | System Polish Update
- A variety of bugs were fixed, including:
- Fixed Frostbody crashing the game.
- Fixed snow causing the enemies to skip their turn.
- Fixed an issue with Petrel clones.
- Fixed an issue with looping D-rank class on Day 4.
- Fixed an issue with Eiscue being invincible under snow.
  • Every affinity character has a working phone now. Six characters are still prototypes, however.
  • Cassandra and Hyun are fully working now.
  • All affinity characters now have a room. Missed phone numbers, can be gotten there. To enter, 25 affinity is required.
  • For those of you with old saves from 7.3 and earlier, you are no longer stuck with buggy phone numbers. They will be purged once you talk to the Reverse Candy seller.
  • Affinity character move tutoring was revamped.
  • TM06, HM06, TR04 and TR16 were changed to avoid redundancy.
  • Level caps were implemented to the game. They correspond to the level of the strongest trainer you have to face in that section of the game.
  • Miss Aye now forbids the use of healing items for A-rank graduation.
  • Some affinity characters had changes to their 1v1 and 3v3 battles. Mainly Aran and Cassandra.
  • Hospitality was ~~coded~~ fixed.
  • Nature Mints work even if your Pokémon has the nature of the Mint.
  • The encounters on Boulder Province, Rain Forest and Iron Grove were slightly adjusted.
  • Roles were rebalanced, mostly Gambler. The Role Boost was made to affect Pokémon of that type instead of moves.
  • Mega-Abomasnow has a new ability: Frozen Tundra. See specifics in Game Changes.
  • Mega-Aggron's ability was reverted to Filter.
  • Wailord's stat buff was toned down.
  • Pyroar has a new hidden ability Noble Hunt. Game changes too.
  • The Gen 9 nerf on Protean was applied.
  • The Gen 9 PP nerf on healing moves like Recover was applied.
  • You can now press Ctrl + Z/Shift while in your bag to sort the items alphabetically.

OMGen

Novice
1/29/2024 | Alpha 8.5.3 | Bug Fixing Patch
  • Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu have their own custom Z-Moves for balance purposes. Veevee Volley and Pika Papow are the trigger moves for Eevium Z and Pikanium Z respectively.
  • Aran now has a fully working character and partner system. She is officially done.
  • Eros's battles now scale in quality. He is still one of the five unfinished characters, however.
  • The font size of Pokémon names in battle was reduced for longer names to fit in the interface.
  • The Call option in battle was replaced with Check, which is essentially a shortcut to the old
interface you could access by pressing Z/Shift in the battle menu.
  • The menu, the Pokémon selection and the Check interface were rehauled to be more aesthetically pleasing.
  • Grammar oversights were corrected as usual.
  • Fixed the brown rock crash of Fight Cave.
  • Fixed Lygn clones on Campus.
  • Fixed a number of moves' having wrong amounts of Power Points.
  • Fixed bugs pertaining to Partner Eevee.
  • Fixed a number of custom moves' not having a Z-Move effect.
  • Fixed a few issues pertaining to Pokémon graphics.

1/24/2024 | Alpha 8.5.2 | System Polish Update
- A variety of bugs were fixed, including:
- Fixed Frostbody crashing the game.
- Fixed snow causing the enemies to skip their turn.
- Fixed an issue with Petrel clones.
- Fixed an issue with looping D-rank class on Day 4.
- Fixed an issue with Eiscue being invincible under snow.
  • Every affinity character has a working phone now. Six characters are still prototypes, however.
  • Cassandra and Hyun are fully working now.
  • All affinity characters now have a room. Missed phone numbers, can be gotten there. To enter, 25 affinity is required.
  • For those of you with old saves from 7.3 and earlier, you are no longer stuck with buggy phone numbers. They will be purged once you talk to the Reverse Candy seller.
  • Affinity character move tutoring was revamped.
  • TM06, HM06, TR04 and TR16 were changed to avoid redundancy.
  • Level caps were implemented to the game. They correspond to the level of the strongest trainer you have to face in that section of the game.
  • Miss Aye now forbids the use of healing items for A-rank graduation.
  • Some affinity characters had changes to their 1v1 and 3v3 battles. Mainly Aran and Cassandra.
  • Hospitality was ~~coded~~ fixed.
  • Nature Mints work even if your Pokémon has the nature of the Mint.
  • The encounters on Boulder Province, Rain Forest and Iron Grove were slightly adjusted.
  • Roles were rebalanced, mostly Gambler. The Role Boost was made to affect Pokémon of that type instead of moves.
  • Mega-Abomasnow has a new ability: Frozen Tundra. See specifics in Game Changes.
  • Mega-Aggron's ability was reverted to Filter.
  • Wailord's stat buff was toned down.
  • Pyroar has a new hidden ability Noble Hunt. Game changes too.
  • The Gen 9 nerf on Protean was applied.
  • The Gen 9 PP nerf on healing moves like Recover was applied.
  • You can now press Ctrl + Z/Shift while in your bag to sort the items alphabetically.
I think you put an empty save file that overwerites the existing one.... I lost my save moving to 8.5.3

Reira

Rookie
Does anyone know how to evolve galarian Yamask in this game? Also what does the eggnog do?

SirLaw

Rookie
Howdy, I wanted to say that yours, and a couple other projects, inspired me to make an account and also create a steamgrid db account.

I used your artwork to create steam art by cropping and sizing in a different ways. I did this a while ago for myself, but I use steam DB art for a bunch other projects so I figured I would upload my personal attempts. I hope you don't mind since there is nothing for your game!

Link is below(might not work yet, i believe it has to be approved), let me know if you would like me to take it down and i'll do so asap

HaCss

Rookie
When my Nincada evolves it doesn't leave a shedinja in the empty Party Slot
I think I figured it out. I think, you're supposed to not evolve your nincada in the floor field because for some reason it just deletes your pokemon. I don't know if the update fixed that, if so nevermind.

Back