• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

the_great_b

Rookie
Testing this plugin with the base demo and I noticed that your follower pokemon offsets? itself whenever you go up the stairs back into your starting room. Is there a way around this? Does it have something to do with the way the Set Move Route command is set up? Because moving through doors is fine. Thx!
Screenshot-2024-05-18-083131.jpg

Imnot420

Rookie
Hi everyone ! I am new about scripts and all of that stuff and have some problems around it.
I don’t know how to properly script the following pokemon, let me explain :

1- I have essentials v21.1 / Hotfixes v21.1 & Following Pokemon v21.1 from Thundaga.

2- I placed Hotfixes and FPEX (Following Pokemon EX) in Plugins files, and downloaded the Pokémons characters and placed it in Characters files.

3- I tried to code by myself but have been stopped fast by the complexity and I found this forum and instructions.

4- So I created a blank event(ID:10) and another one to script :
- FollowingPkmn.start_following(10)
-FollowingPkmn.toggle(nil,true)

5- I know that I have done somthing wrong but dont know what it is. If someone can helps me that would be great.

6- There is no error code but no Pokémons are following me and I think this is due to the fact that some scripts are missing. Thanks you for reading this

Imnot420

Rookie
Hi everyone ! I am new about scripts and all of that stuff and have some problems around it.
I don’t know how to properly script the following pokemon, let me explain :

1- I have essentials v21.1 / Hotfixes v21.1 & Following Pokemon v21.1 from Thundaga.

2- I placed Hotfixes and FPEX (Following Pokemon EX) in Plugins files, and downloaded the Pokémons characters and placed it in Characters files.

3- I tried to code by myself but have been stopped fast by the complexity and I found this forum and instructions.

4- So I created a blank event(ID:10) and another one to script :
- FollowingPkmn.start_following(10)
-FollowingPkmn.toggle(nil,true)

5- I know that I have done somthing wrong but dont know what it is. If someone can helps me that would be great.

6- There is no error code but no Pokémons are following me and I think this is due to the fact that some scripts are missing. Thanks you for reading this
Edit : My following pokemon is present but he is invisible

LinKazamine

Champion
I don't know how it exactly works on v21.1, but on v20.1 you just needed FollowingPkmn.start_following. You also had to use it after the player got a pokemon or the pokemon wouldn't show once the player got it.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
  • In Plugins/Following Pokemon EX/Configuration open 000_Config.rb
    • NOTE: A .rb file is just a glorified .txt file and can easily be opened with any text editor like Notepad.

Line 17

Ruby:
FOLLOWER_COMMON_EVENT        => ID of the Common event that plays when you speak to the Following Pokemon. Normally, this common event should contain the script command [ICODE]FollowingPkmn.talk[/ICODE].
                                Set this to nil if you don't have a common event for your Following Pokemon or, or don't know what common events are. The Following Pokemon will still be able to talk to you.
                                without a common event defined.

ANIMATION_COME_OUT           => Animation ID for the "Come out of Pokeball" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_COME_IN            => Animation ID for the "Go into Pokeball" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_HAPPY        => Animation ID for the "Happy" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_ELIPSES      => Animation ID for the "..." Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_ANGRY        => Animation ID for the "Mad" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_POISON       => Animation ID for the "Poisoned" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_MUSIC        => Animation ID for the "Music Note" Animation for Following Pokemon.
ANIMATION_EMOTE_HEART        => Animation ID for the "Heart" Animation for Following Pokemon.

TOGGLE_FOLLOWER_KEY          => The key that the player can press to toggle Following Pokemon. Set this to nil to disable this feature.
SHOW_TOGGLE_IN_OPTIONS       => Show the option to toggle Following Pokemon in the Options screen.

CYCLE_PARTY_KEY              => The key that the player can press to cycle through their party. Set this to nil to disable this feature.

APPLY_STATUS_TONES           => Tint the Following Pokemon sprite if it has a status condition
TONE_BURN                    => Array of numbers corresponding to the RGB values of the Burn Tint
TONE_POISON                  => Array of numbers corresponding to the RGB values of the Poison Tint
TONE_PARALYSIS               => Array of numbers corresponding to the RGB values of the Paralysis Tint
TONE_FROZEN                  => Array of numbers corresponding to the RGB values of the Frozen Tint
TONE_SLEEP                   => Array of numbers corresponding to the RGB values of the Sleep Tint

FRIENDSHIP_TIME_TAKEN        => Time Taken for Following Pokemon to increase Friendship when first in party (in seconds).
ITEM_TIME_TAKEN              => Time Taken for Following Pokemon to find an item when first in party (in seconds).

ALWAYS_ANIMATE               => Whether the Follower always stays in its move cycle (like in HGSS) or not.

ALWAYS_FACE_PLAYER           => Whether the Following Pokemon always faces the player, or not like in HGSS.

IMPASSABLE_FOLLOWER          => Whether other events can pass through Following Pokemon or no.

SLIDE_INTO_BATTLE            => Whether Following Pokemon slides into battle instead of being sent in a Pokeball. (This doesn't affect EBDX, read the EBDX documentation to change this feature in EBDX)

SHOW_POKECENTER_ANIMATION    => Show the Ball Opening and Closing animation when Nurse Joy takes your Pokeballs at the Pokecenter. This will only work if the Nurse Joy event is properly set up.

LEVITATING_FOLLOWERS         => List of Pokemon that levitate and will always appear behind the player when surfing. (Doesn't include any flying or water types because those are handled automatically)

SURFING_FOLLOWERS_EXCEPTIONS => List of Pokemon that will not appear behind the player when surfing, regardless of whether they are flying type, have levitate or are mentioned in the SURFING_FOLLOWERS.
Edit: seems it's my own miss.

Last edited:
Back