• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Don't know if anyone has thought of this already, but I was wondering if there is a way to switch your following pokemon on the fly with a quick button press. This would also change your lead pokemon. Im using v20.
The setting in the script for cycle follower does exactly that :)

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I found a minor bug where the following Pokemon wouldn't refresh if you deposit your first Pokemon in the daycare. I fixed this by adding FollowingPkmn.refresh in the function def self.deposit(party_index) in script section Overworld_DayCare.
Thank you so much! This helped me fix the issue we had where the follower didn't refresh if you put a caught pokemon in your party and send the first party member to the boxes!

I did this by going to the 20.1 Hotfix called "Battle Bug Fixes" and added FollowingPkmn.refresh under this:

Added FollowingPkmn.refresh under this line:
          # Rearrange all remembered properties of party Pokémon
          (party_index...party_size).each do |idx|
            if idx < party_size - 1
              @initialItems[0][idx] = @initialItems[0][idx + 1]
              $game_temp.party_levels_before_battle[idx] = $game_temp.party_levels_before_battle[idx + 1]
              $game_temp.party_critical_hits_dealt[idx] = $game_temp.party_critical_hits_dealt[idx + 1]
              $game_temp.party_direct_damage_taken[idx] = $game_temp.party_direct_damage_taken[idx + 1]
            else
              @initialItems[0][idx] = nil
              $game_temp.party_levels_before_battle[idx] = nil
              $game_temp.party_critical_hits_dealt[idx] = nil
              $game_temp.party_direct_damage_taken[idx] = nil
            end

I also implemented your fix for daycare.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
How can i solve this
To solve this, I installed following pokemon ex as a script instead of putting it in the plugins folder. You've got to go into scripts in RPG Maker and make new pages for all the .rb files. Then copy the contents of each .rb files into their own page in the scripts, like this:
1667268660077.png

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
What is Battle scripting ex? When i launch the debug mod, the game says "Battle scripting EX" is required. Did i miss anything in the instruction?
To solve this, I installed following pokemon ex as a script instead of putting it in the plugins folder. You've got to go into scripts in RPG Maker and make new pages for all the .rb files. Then copy the contents of each .rb files into their own page in the scripts, like this:
View attachment 13458

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I'm sorry but I cannot find the Battle Scripting EX script anywhere on Relic Castle. I can't install this because Essentials won't install your plugin otherwise. Where is it?
View attachment 13458

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 13458
The far easier solution would be to simply remove the lines in the meta.txt file of the plugin that list Battle Scripting EX (or whatever other plugins) as dependencies. These are obviously future plugins that GolisopodUser has yet to release.

However, upon looking at the file, these are all listed as optional dependencies, so I don't know why people are getting this error (unless they downloaded an outdated version of the plugin).

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
The far easier solution would be to simply remove the lines in the meta.txt file of the plugin that list Battle Scripting EX (or whatever other plugins) as dependencies. These are obviously future plugins that GolisopodUser has yet to release.

However, upon looking at the file, these are all listed as optional dependencies, so I don't know why people are getting this error (unless they downloaded an outdated version of the plugin).
Yeah I removed the optional bits and got different errors that I couldn't figure out.
Downloaded the lastest version that works with v19.1 to my knowledge.

SunriseStudios

Novice
Hello, I've read through this thread but didn't find what I was looking for. Is there a way to get the x and y coordinates of the current following Pokémon on the map? I used an event that is converted into the follower, but the original x and y coordinates are returned, not the actual ones when moving around.

louza

Rookie
I don't think it's possible. However, can be mistaken. I'll follow this thread for other answers.

Last edited:

MekeDiego

Rookie
I have a problem when calling the script, It just doesn't shows up the pokémon, I've thought that the problem may be the compatibility with the plugins I'm using, but once I tried putting the whole thing in other project (obviously a essentials base) it stills don't working.

I think I did everything fine, and I doubt the essentials version I'm using is the problem since I'm using the v20.1 ... It just shows the ball animation without the PokeBall and the pokémon doesn't appear

Can someone help me?

I have a problem when calling the script, It just doesn't shows up the pokémon, I've thought that the problem may be the compatibility with the plugins I'm using, but once I tried putting the whole thing in other project (obviously a essentials base) it stills don't working.

I think I did everything fine, and I doubt the essentials version I'm using is the problem since I'm using the v20.1 ... It just shows the ball animation without the PokeBall and the pokémon doesn't appear

Can someone help me?
Where did you put the sprites?

Screen Lady

Glitch Trainer
Small heads up that there is a specific bug that can crash the game, but it's fairly simple to fix.
One of the movements followers can do, specifically this one in 003_Dialogue_Generic:

pbMoveRoute($game_player, [PBMoveRoute::Wait, 65])
FollowingPkmn.move_route([
PBMoveRoute::TurnRight,
PBMoveRoute::Wait, 4,
PBMoveRoute::Jump, 0, 0,
PBMoveRoute::Wait, 10,
PBMoveRoute::TurnUp,
PBMoveRoute::TurnLeft,
PBMoveRoute::TurnDown,
PBMoveRoute::Jump, 0, 0
])

The crash occurs because the follower can be jumping in the air at the same time the player can pass through them, this causes the game to not handle it so well which will throw the following crash log:

Script 'RPG_Sprite' line 519: RangeError occured.
Float Inf out of range integer

If anyone else is having issues with this crash, it seems to be fixable by just extending the wait time past 65 for this animation, or any others that bring up this error message while you move through them during an animation. I personally set it to 80 and haven't had any of my friends experience the crash since in our game.

Just thought I'd post it here in case it helps anyone!
EDIT: And in case the developer of this plugin isn't aware of the present oversight/crash as well.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hey, GolisopodUser.
Not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but I found a small bug.
While editing the script, I noticed that the heart events in dialogue generic never trigger (when random_val == 4)
I found out this is because it uses :angry_generic in its event handler line, which was already in use. I changed it to
EventHandlers.add(:following_pkmn_talk, :heart_generic, proc { |pkmn, random_val|
and now it works fine.

I did print random_val when the variable was set to make sure the script did indeed at some point set random_val to 4, and every time, nothing with my follower until I changed that line bolded above.

Last edited:

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Small heads up that there is a specific bug that can crash the game, but it's fairly simple to fix.
One of the movements followers can do, specifically this one in 003_Dialogue_Generic:

pbMoveRoute($game_player, [PBMoveRoute::Wait, 65])
FollowingPkmn.move_route([
PBMoveRoute::TurnRight,
PBMoveRoute::TurnUp,
PBMoveRoute::TurnLeft,
PBMoveRoute::TurnDown,
PBMoveRoute::Jump, 0, 0
])

The crash occurs because the follower can be jumping in the air at the same time the player can pass through them, this causes the game to not handle it so well which will throw the following crash log:

Script 'RPG_Sprite' line 519: RangeError occured.
Float Inf out of range integer

If anyone else is having issues with this crash, it seems to be fixable by just extending the wait time past 65 for this animation, or any others that bring up this error message while you move through them during an animation. I personally set it to 80 and haven't had any of my friends experience the crash since in our game.

Just thought I'd post it here in case it helps anyone!
EDIT: And in case the developer of this plugin isn't aware of the present oversight/crash as well.
Just tested this and can say that exact crash does happen in that scenario.
I extended the wait frames to 80 as well, and it no longer happens. Thank you for helping squash a bug before I banged my head against the wall when someone found it! :)

Screen Lady

Glitch Trainer
Glad that it helped someone! It's been around since at least the v19 version of the plugin, and I'm surprised it was never reported until now.
Just tested this and can say that exact crash does happen in that scenario.
I extended the wait frames to 80 as well, and it no longer happens. Thank you for helping squash a bug before I banged my head against the wall when someone found it! :)

pokepoke1

Novice
Hello, i have a problem with the "May event" at route 3.

This event makes my follower Pokémon to do what the other follower (Not pokemon) should do.

How can i avoid that? i want to make that event to detect only the normal follower, not the pokemon :c

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 98

babydoll

Novice
I'm sorry if I've missed something obvious which I probably have but I've read everything and followed the instructions to the letter...

But I can't get RPG Maker to compile the Plug-in.

As instructed I exited RMXP, then I unpacked the files, then I went back in.... ran debug mode: no plug ins found
Then I exited again, as instructed I deleted the PluginScripts.rxdata file from the Data folder.

Went back into RMXP, ran debug mode: No Plug Ins found!

What am I doing wrong here???

Back