• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Bergium

Bergium#0216
Is there any reason move routes for up and down don't work in the latest version or is this just a bug in the script, because unless something's changed and I'm doing something wrong, the following Pokémon will just ignore any up and down movement and skip ahead to whatever's after it

View attachment 11970(for example with this, the Pokémon will move left, ignore the movement down, and then just look up instead. Without the turn up movement, telling it to move down instead just makes it look down)
Try using
Move Route:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMoveRoute(FollowingPkmn.get_event,[
    PBMoveRoute::Left,
    PBMoveRoute::Down,
    PBMoveRoute::TurnUp
    ])

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Try using
Move Route:
Expand Collapse Copy
pbMoveRoute(FollowingPkmn.get_event,[
    PBMoveRoute::Left,
    PBMoveRoute::Down,
    PBMoveRoute::TurnUp
    ])
Unfortunately, that just resulted in the same issue, I've tried so many things and can't seem to figure out what's the cause of it

Bergium

Bergium#0216
Unfortunately, that just resulted in the same issue, I've tried so many things and can't seem to figure out what's the cause of it
Are you sure your using the lateste version?
Or v20.1? With hotfix

It worked for me whn i tried it

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
Is there a way to prevent certain pokemon from coming out of their pokeball? There's some fakemon I have that don't have sprites for walking, so I wouldn't want them to be able to come out of the ball and follow the player.

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Are you sure your using the lateste version?
Or v20.1? With hotfix

It worked for me whn i tried it
I am on the latest version and yes I'm on v20.1 (ignore the fact I'm a month late to replying to this)

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Can you show me how you have set it up?
It's just like this, and it shouldn't make a difference I think but in case you're gonna ask, the conditional is just checking the player's direction to get an idea of where the Pokémon is in case it's in the way and needs to be moved.
1662553603807.png

Bergium

Bergium#0216
It's just like this, and it shouldn't make a difference I think but in case you're gonna ask, the conditional is just checking the player's direction to get an idea of where the Pokémon is in case it's in the way and needs to be moved.
View attachment 12501
Have you tried without your conditional branch?
Så you just test if the following movement works
And where in the event do you tell that variable 0001 is player direction

I do have some time to help you at discord atm
Bergium#0216

Sr.Haruno

Pokémon God - Creator
EBDX doesn't exist yet for v20.1.
I know.

But did it worked with when it was in v19?

Following and ebs are features I lost by wanting to update to v20.
When I was in v16 they both worked, my fans will be kinda disappointed seeing missing stuff.

I already had to cut PWT for not being supported anymore in ebdx

Lucidious89

Champion
I know.

Yes, but this is the v20.1 plugin for Pokemon Following, so why would v19 be relevant to this thread?

Lucidious89

Champion
It is relevant to me, if works on older version might work when ebdx comes to v20
But you're asking "does this plugin work with EBDX", not "do you plan on adding compatibility with EBDX when it's out?". Those are two entirely different questions with totally different answers.

Obviously, this plugin isn't compatible with EBDX, since EBDX doesn't even exist yet for v20.1.
And obviously, once EBDX does come out, then compatibility will be provided if GolisopodUser has the time and desire to implement it.

Sr.Haruno

Pokémon God - Creator
But you're asking "does this plugin work with EBDX", not "do you plan on adding compatibility with EBDX when it's out?". Those are two entirely different questions with totally different answers.

Obviously, this plugin isn't compatible with EBDX, since EBDX doesn't even exist yet for v20.1.
And obviously, once EBDX does come out, then compatibility will be provided if GolisopodUser has the time and desire to implement it.
You already had answered, just saying it worked with v19 would had done.

Ott

My crown is made from the Yellow Pages
I know.

When I was in v16 they both worked, my fans will be kinda disappointed seeing missing stuff.

I already had to cut PWT for not being supported anymore in ebdx
For the record: This plugin being compatible with EBDX back in v19 does not ensure that it will still be compatible with EBDX in v20. During the transition from v19 to v20, either Following Pokemon EX or EBDX may have changed something which makes either incompatible with another. A bit of a mute question to ask imo. Best to wait until EBDX comes out for v20.1 and then check it. Until then, there's no guarantees. I personally find it unlikely that it won't be compatible as EBDX and Following Mons are mutually exclusive plugins, but again; no guarantees.

As for this, as some people have discussed and asked in the discord: Afaik, GolisopodUser is taking a break from fangame development for an undetermined amount of time. It may be for a few months, it may be forever. So it's best that we don't expect any plugin of his to be updated or fixed for the time being.

Sr.Haruno

Pokémon God - Creator
For the record: This plugin being compatible with EBDX back in v19 does not ensure that it will still be compatible with EBDX in v20. During the transition from v19 to v20, either Following Pokemon EX or EBDX may have changed something which makes either incompatible with another. A bit of a mute question to ask imo. Best to wait until EBDX comes out for v20.1 and then check it. Until then, there's no guarantees. I personally find it unlikely that it won't be compatible as EBDX and Following Mons are mutually exclusive plugins, but again; no guarantees.

As for this, as some people have discussed and asked in the discord: Afaik, GolisopodUser is taking a break from fangame development for an undetermined amount of time. It may be for a few months, it may be forever. So it's best that we don't expect any plugin of his to be updated or fixed for the time being.
I hope when I get my pc ebdx v20 is out, I have many ideas and I want to get back full on game dev.

bjorn__92

Rookie
I like this resource very much but have a problem hope someone knows how to fix it
Naamloos.png

Citycat17

Novice
Don't know if anyone has thought of this already, but I was wondering if there is a way to switch your following pokemon on the fly with a quick button press. This would also change your lead pokemon. Im using v20.

Back