• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Paradise-cub

Rookie
Ok. Is this the latest version of the plugin? If not, then could you update to the latest version and confirm whether this bug occurs there too?
Just to see if it would fix things I got rid of the SpeedUp plugin but I still get an error
jkbkjjk,.PNG

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Just to see if it would fix things I got rid of the SpeedUp plugin but I still get an error
I meant the latest version of Following Pokemon EX, not the SpeedUp plugin.

Paradise-cub

Rookie
It's all working! It completely escaped me to check if the file I already had was outdated, thank you very much!!

Astefia

Cooltrainer
I tried to install this on the new version of Essentials 19.1 (the one where the author says, on this forum, that it does not need the Hotfixes plugin). When I try to compile the script, I get an error that this requires "19.1 Hotfixes". Tried adding the Hotfixes anyway and got a new crash - telling that Hotfixes version 1.0.7 is needed and 1.0.5 is installed.
Is the Hotfixes plugin required or not?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I tried to install this on the new version of Essentials 19.1 (the one where the author says, on this forum, that it does not need the Hotfixes plugin). When I try to compile the script, I get an error that this requires "19.1 Hotfixes". Tried adding the Hotfixes anyway and got a new crash - telling that Hotfixes version 1.0.7 is needed and 1.0.5 is installed.
Is the Hotfixes plugin required or not?

The Hotfixes are required. When have I said they aren't?

Desbrina

Trainer
The Hotfixes are required. When have I said they aren't?
They may be referring to Maruno who stated they aren't required when using the GitHub version.

If you are using the GitHub version of essentials you can get around this by downloading the hot fixes, then removing all except for the meta.txt file, that's what I've done and it works fine

Titania318

Rookie
I love your work. I am having a problem with the cycle party feature. I tried it twice, once with :JUMPDOWN and another with :AUX1. I always get the following exception, as soon as I click the assigned key (S or Q):

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `__followingpkmn__toggled=' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata>

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:184:in `block in update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:181:in `loop'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:181:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:220:in `block in main'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:217:in `main'
375:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
375:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
375:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

The only mods I have installed are the latest versions of your Gen 8 Project and Follower Pokemon EX. This was done on a clean install.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I love your work. I am having a problem with the cycle party feature. I tried it twice, once with :JUMPDOWN and another with :AUX1. I always get the following exception, as soon as I click the assigned key (S or Q):
Ah that's a small typo. I'll fix that in an update.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Meloetta Trainer

Rookie
I used Following Pokemon EX with EBDX but this is what I get. The Following Pokemon EX works with Gen-8 Project but when I use it with EBDX the overworld sprites seems to be missing.

Attachments

• Pokemon-Essentials-v191-2022-01 (1).gif
    Pokemon-Essentials-v191-2022-01 (1).gif
    9.1 MB · Views: 259

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi, thanks again for this script!

I have a question, is there a way to check if a Pokemon is outside following the player or inside the Pokeball?

Something to let you know if you are indeed letting a Pokemon follow you and that can change, for example, the dialogue with an NPC.

I was using the previous version in 17.2 and I was doing it through a switch, but in the new version I still can't figure out how to do it.
(I am still getting used to V 19.1). Sorry if the answer is too obvious :B

josemq24

Rookie
Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]
[EBDX v1.2.6]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 8 (coords 36,62), map 91 (Viridian Forest):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbMaxRaid(3, nil, :BUTTERFREE,
[:SILVERPOWDER,3], :Forest, true)

Backtrace:
130:Species:68:in `get_species_form'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Utilities.rb:524:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:53:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `each'
035:Event_Handlers:48:in `trigger'
232:Overworld_WildEncounters:434:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:251:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `each'
230:Overworld_BattleStarting:242:in `pbWildBattleCore'
[ZUD Plugin] Max Raid Dens.rb:441:in `block (2 levels) in pbMaxRaidEntry'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:252:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'

Most likely this problem is an incompatibility, but I would like to know if you have any solution to be able to use both scripts.
The ZUD plugin and Following Pokemon are both perfectly compatible. Your error doesn't have anything to do with Following Pokemon- if you look at the backtrace, you can see that Following Pokemon doesn't come up until you go all the way back to the code that handles event processing. Lucidious89 has talked about a similar issue on the ZUD plugin thread -
Well technically, the way he set up his event SHOULD still work, because the nil rank he entered would just be converted into the appropriate rank number once an appropriate species was generated from the empty array. Its not the cleanest way to go about it, but its still a theoretically valid event.

Truth be told, I dont really know why its not working. This error seems to pop up from time to time with people, even though ive never been able to replicate it. Bad data seems to have somehow got saved to the event, so now its trying to load the Pokemon as an integer of zero instead of as a species. I have a rough idea as to why that may happen, but it would require just completely rewriting the Max Raid script to fix (which ill be doing for the v20 update).

For now, the best advice I can give is just to manually force your dens to reset by holding down CTRL while you access the den.

RidgeBoy

Novice
They may be referring to Maruno who stated they aren't required when using the GitHub version.

If you are using the GitHub version of essentials you can get around this by downloading the hot fixes, then removing all except for the meta.txt file, that's what I've done and it works fine
Thanks a ton, I had the same error and your solution worked for me!

CaiGuyCrafter

Rookie
Awesome! My only question is, is there a way I can make it so that only one Pokemon can be taken out? As in, you can't make any other Pokemon follow you, just one; exactly like how Pokemon Yellow was with Pikachu. If so, thank you and I'd love to know!

PKMNTrainerGoose

Rookie
Did I do something wrong or does the pokemon not disappear/get on the counter when healing? I probably did something wrong tbh. It's not game breaking but it's just odd to not see them get healed too.

Abc

Rookie
I am getting this error whenever I fly to a town:-
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1] [Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]

Exception: RangeError Message: float Inf out of range of integer

Backtrace:

009:RPG Sprite:531:in 'y='

009:RPG Sprite:531:in `y='

061:Sprite Character: 158:in `update'

067:Sprite DynamicShadows: 160:in 'update'

050:Game DependentEvents:531:in 'block in 050:Game DependentEvents:530:in each' update'

050:Game DependentEvents:530:in 'update' [Following Pokemon EX] Sprite.rb:81:in `update'

[Following Pokemon EX] New Spriteset.rb:45:in `update' 032:Scene Map:147:in `updateSpritesets'

thebigguy270

Trainer
I'm sorry but I cannot find the Battle Scripting EX script anywhere on Relic Castle. I can't install this because Essentials won't install your plugin otherwise. Where is it?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Following Pokemon EX with a new update entry:

v20 Compatibility

• Full v20 compatibility (removed sprite renamer compatibility for older versions of Essentials)
  • Added a toggle in the settings to show the Following Pokemon toggle in the options.
  • Added better support for EBDX super shinies.
  • Added 2 map metadata flags, "ShowFollowingPkmn" and "HideFollowingPkmn" to make showing and hiding Following Pokemon on certain maps simpler.
  • Added proper documentation for the dialogue and disappear conditions for Following Pokemon, and proper...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back