• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

salar.kaplan

Rookie
i didn't understand the instructions either :/
  1. In the Database Option, create a new Common Event with the ID number of Follower_Common_Event from Follower_Config. It should have only one script command in it pbTalkToFollower. what to do here ? Please note that I've just begun with this for fun and don't have any programming skills prior to this :)
Thanks man ! now i can talk to them !! haha so nice :)

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
The animations and linked audio files to said animations need to be updated for v18.1
There are no linked audio files. And not only do the animations work in the project I'm working on right now, they also work in 3 of the 5 GIFs that are shown in the main post. It is clearly an error on your end, so try to follow the instructions properly and make sure not to ignore the ones in bold.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
in the instructions it is written that is should be a .txt file, or I am an idiot.
Rb files are also a type of txt files. Just open it in any text editor.

Thunder

Novice
There are no linked audio files. And not only do the animations work in the project I'm working on right now, they also work in 3 of the 5 GIFs that are shown in the main post. It is clearly an error on your end, so try to follow the instructions properly and make sure not to ignore the ones in bold.
You must be using a different version of v18.1 then. The "Animation" folder in your Zip that is in Animation Data\Graphics is named "Animations" in v18.1. "Grass rustle vigorous", "Grass rustle shiny", and "Berry plant sparkle" are also missing from the Database.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
You must be using a different version of v18.1 then. The "Animation" folder in your Zip that is in Animation Data\Graphics is named "Animations" in v18.1. "Grass rustle vigorous", "Grass rustle shiny", and "Berry plant sparkle" are also missing from the Database.
These are the resources that came with the original Following Pokemon resource. If those are dated then feel free to update them for your own game. I don't use these animations in my own project so I'm not gonna do so.

Yung Rocks

Rookie
Hi, I believe I found a bug related to HM.
Say I have Pikachu with Cut as my follower. If I press A in front of a tree, all goes well, Pikachu animates and cuts the tree.
However, if I call Cut from the Pokémon team menu (where you can switch them, look their stats etc), by selecting Pikachu -> Cut, the game goes back to overworld, the animation plays, Pikachu goes in front of the trainer, hops on the spot, and stops there. No animation for cutting tree, and tree is still there.

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Was it you who made the sendout animation edit for following Pokémon? It's the only part of the code that I'm currently interested in, and idk if I should credit just -you- for that bit or the entire resource's credits, which I don't think is fair with you either tbh but I'm letting you choose.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Was it you who made the sendout animation edit for following Pokémon? It's the only part of the code that I'm currently interested in, and idk if I should credit just -you- for that bit or the entire resource's credits, which I don't think is fair with you either tbh but I'm letting you choose.
Yep, I was the one who made it. You can credit just me for it if you are using the just the sendout animation. But if you do use anything else then I'll really appreciate if you credit all the creators of the resource.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
Is it possible to control movements of the follower Pokémon, like say you have an event and you need your follower Pokémon to move out of the way or you want your Pokémon to turn towards something (like your rival walking up to you or something of that sort)? Only thing I could think of was using a move route on the FollowerPkmn event but yeah that doesn't work
I have the exact same question. Were you able to do this in some way?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Is it possible to control movements of the follower Pokémon, like say you have an event and you need your follower Pokémon to move out of the way or you want your Pokémon to turn towards something (like your rival walking up to you or something of that sort)? Only thing I could think of was using a move route on the FollowerPkmn event but yeah that doesn't work

I have the exact same question. Were you able to do this in some way?
Please read the script. This is covered in both the script sections, Follower_Main and Follower_Settings.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
Please read the script. This is covered in both the script sections, Follower_Main and Follower_Settings.
Here is an example in case someone else needs it, you just need to call the script using:
Move forward and wait:
Ruby:
 followingMoveRoute([PBMoveRoute::Forward,PBMoveRoute::Wait,10,], true)
Move left and wait:
Ruby:
 followingMoveRoute([PBMoveRoute::Left,PBMoveRoute::Wait,10,], true)

You can use Left, Right,Up,Down,Forward and Backward as commands to move:
Ruby:
 followingMoveRoute([PBMoveRoute::Up,PBMoveRoute::Down, PBMoveRoute::Left, PBMoveRoute::Right], true)

The true at the second parameter is if you want to wait for the move to complete or not before proceeding to the next line

Last edited:
Back