• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Sunset (Progress Check)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
nRWbyKZ.png

Introduction: This game is a double-battle focused Pokemon game, with the option to fight alongside Partners that join you throughout your Journey. You'll be able to view and level your Trainer's Pokemon as well as adjust them by using TM's and giving them held items. With adjusted experience formula, you'll be able to train up Pokemon under level 50 quickly so you can adjust your party to beat specific opponents.

Starters: Kirlia, Absol, Riolu
RzX1pNj.png

Plot: Various things have been disappearing all over Orange Peak. Is it a Pokemon? A thief? Investigate with Yuki as one discovery leads to a never ending spiral of mystery.

Features:
- Partner's Pokemon party screen (Can use TMs and have them hold Items)
- Your Partner's Pokemon can level up
- Switch between multiple Partners
- Control your Partner's Pokemon in Battle
- Almost every trainer battle is Double Battle
- New experimental Fishing mechanic
- Skip certain long cutscenes by holding the down key (at the beginning of each cutscene)
- Gen 7 Pokemon and Abilities
- Adjusted multiple Pokemon to evolve normally by leveling without having to trade, happiness, etc.

To do's and Known bugs
- Can't use items on Partner's Pokemon in battle.
- Plan to further customize your Partner's Pokemon (Change name and Remember moves)
- Update various art assets (In battle Partner sprites, etc)
- Pokedex UI update and number adjustments
- Plan to add more NPCs
- Aquarin Town is under extreme construction (no content)
- Possible plan to disable use items in Battle and possibly focus on use of berries
- Plan to add more Partner content.
- Autosave and ways to back up trainer data.

lfEi6b3.png
WCJsHew.png
npecKYO.png
MRwaWMF.png
YuO6LgU.png
DYkBgGy.png
2z3V31q.png
BM54BHL.png
qRUjC1r.png

This game is at its experimental stages. It is bound to have multiple bugs and not very much content. It's my first Pokemon game so I thought I'd post here and get some feedback before I advance my game further. Please save often and consistently check your Partner's Pokemon party to check for errors. Since I'm working on this game alone, I predict that my progress with this game won't be as fast as I would like... I would appreciate it if I can get some help from others in scripting, plot progression and battle balancing.

Hoenn sprites
kyle-dove - Sprites
Zeak - Formatting in RMXP

Elite Battler, Titles.
LUKA-SJ

ORAS gen 6 icons
Pikachumazzinga

Tilesets
Rayquaza-dot
Citrine Tileset [Kymotonian, Rverah-duh, Speedialaga, Platnum Tyrant, Spacemotion, Alucus, Pokemon-Diamond, KagoNoSenpai, Anutter, Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, ForeverXShoddyBattle, Dewitty, TyranitarDark, PrinceLegendario, BoOmxBiG, Takaiofthefire, Chimcharsfireworks]
Dawn Tileset [By The-Red-eX]
Evolina Tileset [EVoLiNa]
Epicday
KleinStudio
Cafe tileset by Peekychew

ORAS cries
ShinxHero

GEN 6 & 7 sprites
-Smogon XY Sprite Project
-Mega Lucario: iiHurricane,

Overworld sprites
-MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17.
Princess-Phoenix, Lunardusk6

Following Pokemon
-Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Partner System, Multiple Characters.
-Badhaas

Gen 7 Resources
- Zeak6464
- Tapu Fini
- SpartaLazor
- leparagon
- BlackOutG5
- Rune
- M3rein
- Rigbycwts
- Rot8er_ConeX
- James Davy
- Luka S.J.

Quick fixes for v0.1 (replace the files in their respective folders): Download folder
- Fixed SpriteResizer bug
- Fixed Battojutsu crashing battle
- Adjusted pokeball throwing in double battles (will properly end turn if you try to throw a second pokeball)
- Adjusted encounter rates and catch rates of starter pokemon
- Adjusted Trainer battles to be a little bit easier (lowered IV)
- Fixed various text errors
- Altered story a little bit post Spinel battle (will add npc that gives you option to rewatch later if you're past this stage)
- Added Skip cutscene function for beginning cutscenes (hold down)
- Added "move there immediately" option for various scenarios.
- Added NPC in Pokecenter that reminds Partner's Pokemon previously learned moves

Some known bugs and possible fixes:
Q: In battle, the buttons get stuck and I can't move around
A: This game has an option to use the mouse cursor in battle to click on buttons. Try moving the mouse cursor away from the game screen (or at least away from the buttons)

Q: This game is laggy
A: There are some locations where the game slows down (notably Clary Town). Fix coming in the future.

v0.22 Update
Enter the Inn in Aquarin Town for a special quest~!
vWsTfcS.png

5 Tree Forest has an entrance to more Pokemon Maps
ZTfDU9y.png

More Fishing in Aquarin Port
oWa8ypx.png

v0.3 Update
Most changes are related to art asset replacements.
TBhw5GV.png

Continuation to the Aquarin warehouse
RK8d4wm.png

Updated partner assets
jWTbfxI.png

v0.22 Download Link (A Fresh download, use this instead of the old client): Download (700mbs)

v0.32 Minor game patch + mkxp Game port release:
mkxp Port using mkxp-z made by inori-z/zozo/57-1. Should make the game run smoother with significantly less lag, but prone to crashes and unexpected bugs.
Fixed bugs regarding Tsareena image corrupting, wrong doors, errors with receiving items, etc.
- Select PokemonSunset for mkxp (if your computer has the GPU to run it)
- Select game.exe for maximum compatibility
Download (840mbs)

[REMEMBER: Back-up your save before entering new content!]
jpkOAkC.png

Last edited:

Fennicka

Novice
Hay. I recently downloaded pokemon sunset and I got to say. It's great. Even though it's just a demo, there is a lot going on - seeing more of plot, rather than the usual beating gyms is interesting. But I have a slight problem. After defeating Spinel I'm supposed to go to the door on the left, right? But the door is locked. I went to the other mansion, aproached Musharna and even crossed lake. (I don't think I was supposed to do that...)
So... what should I do?

Sora

Trainer
Hay. I recently downloaded pokemon sunset and I got to say. It's great. Even though it's just a demo, there is a lot going on - seeing more of plot, rather than the usual beating gyms is interesting. But I have a slight problem. After defeating Spinel I'm supposed to go to the door on the left, right? But the door is locked. I went to the other mansion, aproached Musharna and even crossed lake. (I don't think I was supposed to do that...)
So... what should I do?

Ahh, I took a look at other player's playthrough and I see why people are having this problem.
There's a little space right out side of Spinel's door you can enter through the left (right next to the staircase.
If you go through that space, you should be able to reach a door (the middle door, not the one all the way to the left)

I'm about to release another fix so it would be a little bit more obvious... and possibly a story change. I'm not sure if I'm quite satisfied with the story post spinel's battle.

Gento

Rookie
I've released another fix file with the battojutsu fix and various other bug fixes.
Download

Again, replace these files in your DATA folder.
i tried but it didnt work kid you maybe be a little more specific sorry if this is annoying you

VictiniiAlmeidaPT

Rookie
Whoops. I believe this is a problem with me forgetting to prevent re-entry.
Yuki should be telling you to visit the room on the left instead.

Thanks for the help , but is it suppose to end there? I cant enter the door , the left door on the other side of the mansion . I tryed to see a youtube video xD but he was in the same spot .If you could help i would be appreciated , or i will wait until the nest update news ;P
Still in love with this game .

(forget it i got it already xD)

Last edited:

Fennicka

Novice
Ahh, I took a look at other player's playthrough and I see why people are having this problem.
There's a little space right out side of Spinel's door you can enter through the left (right next to the staircase.
If you go through that space, you should be able to reach a door (the middle door, not the one all the way to the left)

I'm about to release another fix so it would be a little bit more obvious... and possibly a story change. I'm not sure if I'm quite satisfied with the story post spinel's battle.

Ok, thanks for explaining :)

Rotkind

Rookie
This game is the best fan game i have played in a while! Keep up the good work =)
Question: How does the fariy ribbon work to evolve evee? I can only give it to evee to hold and after leveling up he doesnt evolve either
Also the chatots in the wild near the mansion gives an insane amount of exp. Is that intended?

Sora

Trainer
This game is the best fan game i have played in a while! Keep up the good work =)
Question: How does the fariy ribbon work to evolve evee? I can only give it to evee to hold and after leveling up he doesnt evolve either
Also the chatots in the wild near the mansion gives an insane amount of exp. Is that intended?

Hmm... I'll look into why the Fairy ribbon doesn't work.
Ah, I made Chatot have lot of exp to test out some experience mechanism. But I'd probably leave it until full release to help with some grinding before the mansion.

skurleton

Pokemon Serenity Developer
Very cool! I especially like the idea with the starters.

Sora

Trainer

Download

I've added the fix to the Eevee problem. When you give it fairy ribbon, it should evolve correctly.
Download and replace the above files in the DATA folder.

D

Deleted member 561

I also prefer having the pokemon following the player.

Sora

Trainer
Update Post (August 13, 2017)

So I'm at the point where I'm realizing that there's so much to do but not enough time. There are so many things I want to implement into my game but I don't have the time to invest in due to my ineptitude in coding...
And most importantly, well...
My computer died. (press F to pay respects)
S4xnoPR.png

But I'm not giving up. I've backed up my files so I can work on them as soon as I get a new computer.
I might do some kind of commission thing so I can have enough funding to buy a new computer.

Anyways, here are some pictures of our next update

Phone Services (Pokegear, call for services like changing name, move remember, etc)
aHWd3gh.png

New Partner (Definitely-not-rem)
7ZBInAN.png

Also, in the meanwhile, I'd appreciate a lot more feedback from you guys~! Where did you have the most trouble battling/grinding? Which feature would you like to see added? What did you like about the game so far?

Wizarmonfan

Rookie
I'd love it if you kept the Pokemon following the MC.

Also, I can't download the game from the first post. Google says it's violated their policies or something.

Back