• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Dungeon Explorer

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
DungeonExplorer Logo.png

Pokemon Dungeon Explorer

A Rogue-like dungeon exploration game, but pokemon.

Plot
Just a young kid, an assistant to the dungeon manager, a man who has created an ever-expanding and randomized dungeon, filled with many piles of loot and treasures, and of course many collectibles for you to find. Your goal is to explore the depths of the dungeon and find all the riches and many pokemon it has to offer, completing the regional dungeon dex as you go, and collecting many items along the way.

Screenshots
screenshots 014.png

Features & Notes
  • Explore the ever randomized dungeon, every room you walk into has a connection to a random room, you never know where you'll end up, or where you've already bin. If you want to leave, you could get lucky and it'll be right around the corner, or be stuck in there for a lot longer than anticipated.
  • A customized regional dex, filled with lots of rarer pokemon, and common ones too, create teams that you probably wouldn't have been able to create before and use pokemon that might've otherwise been useless.
  • Collectibles, many many collectibles can be found within the dungeon, loot box tokens are scattered everywhere, and can only be found once you step on them, they are hidden, so walk everywhere, trade them in to receive collectible items that have no other use than to show to your friend that you got something rare.
  • Buffed shiny rate, the rate has been buffed for this game, to make collecting shinies a little easier, although they are still rare with a ~1/800 chance, or ~1/400 once you obtain the shiny charm, however, there is a post-Pokedex completion way of collecting some pokemon at an even higher chance. Using what I would dub one of the best ways to shiny hunt, a certain something may appear after completing the Pokedex, a large hole of sorts with rarer Pokemon lurking within.
  • Near-infinite playtime, this game has a very large amount of playtime, there is a point where you could be considered "done", and that would be completing the full Pokedex, and exploring the entire dungeon, however, this feat is not to be taken lightly, I would estimate a few hundred hours could be poured into this game without either of those being done yet. This game is designed in a way that you would just open it up, play for an hour or so, then come back later on, I would not recommend playing a lot of the game all at once, it could be quite repetitive in that sense. It's to be taken lightly, and in smaller chunks, and to be played every so often, but really, play it however you desire.

If anyone has any ideas, feedback, suggestions, or a desire to assist me in this game, PM me here, or on discord, I'm in the Relic Castle server, so find me there. (Ned#7944)

Download
Current Version - 0.1.6 [Beta]
Link
(My main goal when updating the game is to make every future release compatible with a previous one, so have no fear, your current progress is safe.)

Discord

Credits
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by Flameguru Poccil (Peter O.) Maruno With contributions from AvatarMonkeyKirby, Luka S.J. Boushy, MiDas Mike Brother1440, Near Fantastica FL., PinkMan Genzai Kawakami, Popper help-14, Rataime IceGod64, SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end KitsuneKouta, Venom12 Lisa Anthony, Wachunga and everyone else who helped out.
"RPG Maker XP" by Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by The Pokémon Company Nintendo Affiliated with Game Freak
Many credits towards Atomicreactor, mainly for Pokemon Infinity, it may not be evident, but there was a lot of inspiration from it, and some of the fogs and graphics in this game were made/edited by him, definitely check him and his game out.

Overworld Shadows by Marin
HM Items by Marin
Voltseon's Handy Tools by Voltseon
Luka's Scripting Utilities by Luka S.J.
Modular Pause Menu by Luka S.J.
Item Find by Boonzeet
Many custom scripts by Yours truly

Attachments

• splash.png
    splash.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:

Nomi

Trainer
This game caught my interest, but upon downloading it, the intro screen was the incorrect size, (presumably, you forgot to resize it) the first message lacked a comma, and also the game is literally unplayable because of a movement event trying to force me into the table, where I can't move. I suggest you, yourself, playtest the game outside of debugging mode before uploading it, to prevent massive problems like this.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

[Enter Custom Title Here]
Thanks for letting me know, I had a run through the game, and had a friend of mine okay through as well, I'll give it another go through. Keep in mind this is the first release, and I have tons of stuff planned, but I just wanted to get a first release out to help find bugs like that. Thanks! I will do my best to fix those bugs as soon as I can.

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I have the same problem. I started the game but due to a movement event forcing me into the table I can't move at all. I hope you fix this soon since I am really hyped to try your game.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

V0.1.5 is out!
Improved the initial text, and fixed many typos, and grammatical errors, also some text just didn't make any sense, so fixed that up too.
Fixed the game being unplayable due to an attempt to walk into the table, the game should be playable now.
Also fixed the title screen being mis-sized.

Download Link

Ned

Small Update:
I have updated and hopefully gotten all the credits, if anyone notices that I've missed someone then please let me know so that I can fix it.
Also, V0.1.6 will be a bigger update, I have fixed a couple of typos and added in the daycare center, and resolved some market prices since they were too high, this update is not out yet, but hopefully will be in the next week or so, I'll post another message once it is with the download and full changelog for it.

Ned

V 0.1.6 has been released!

Changelog:
-Added the Fiery Dungeon Entrance, currently doesn't go anywhere, or really has much of a use besides the quick warp back to the start!
-Added a daycare, ditto can be found later on in the game, so breeding up better Pokemon is an option now.
-Added a randomized token shop in the upstairs area, the man is sitting at the TV up there.
-Added more text for the dungeon master, about unlocking the fiery dungeon.

Link

Ned

Small update post:
V 0.1.7 is coming, probably a few weeks or so away, or only a couple of days, just depends on how much free time I have over the next week or so.
The update is not a huge one, more a QoL update, and adds a couple of new features, and more so just expands a bit on what is already in the game, instead of adding anything new. However, v0.1.8 will be a big update, probably the biggest so far, I plan to add the fiery dungeon is all its glory, unless something happens with bugs or whatever in v0.1.7, then v0.1.8 will be the next update after.
The last thing, there is now a new logo for the game, I made it really quickly just to have something that was better than before, it is still kind of temporary, but at least it doesn't look as bad as the last one that I made in about 2 minutes, so, its better than nothing. Anddd, here it is, the logo is fairly big, so spoiler, but its also in the main post, so you can just see it there too.
DungeonExplorer Logo.png

Back