• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Mobius

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
POKÉMON MOBIUS
by @Marin & @Maruno

You have set off to explore the Marro region in your quest to become the greatest of Pokémon trainers. However, you've stumbled across a big problem: paths no longer lead where they should, places are in the wrong places, and there's no way out! Will your journey come to an untimely end, trapped in this unnatural maze? Will you be able to find out what's going on, and more to the point, will you be able to stop it? Prepare to search high and low, far and wide for answers to these questions and more.

Plot
The player has defeated the first two Gym Leaders in the Marro region, and has just reached Dewbury Town to challenge the third Gym Leader. Upon defeating Gym Leader Stark, the player travels through Route 6 to Tarrin Town. However, upon arrival, the player is greeted by inhabitants of Tarrin Town who claim Route 6 has undergone a inexplicable change. Upon backtracking through Route 6, the player finds it leads to Arubar Town instead of Dewbury Town! Routes are looping around somehow, with no apparent explanation.

The player meets a researcher next to some strange type of fracture in space-time. It's supposedly the work of a Legendary Pokémon, but nobody knows why or how. It turns out that there are more of these cracks spread across the looping area, in all sorts of environments. Not only that, but people are also finding strange mysterious shards here and there that appear to be related to the fractures. Each shard corresponds with a crack, and inserting the right shard in the right crack will make it disappear! To find out what the consequences are of repairing these fractures, you'll have to play Pokémon Mobius yourself!

Promotional Material
region map 16.png
promo5.png
promo1.png
promo2.png
promo4.png
promo3.png

Features
  • A brand new region segment to explore, with routes that loop around on themselves and connections you're not used to;
  • A truly open-world experience where every area is accessible from any point;
  • Two endings, depending on how often you speak to the Legendary Pokémon Researcher;
  • Specialized Roaming Pokémon mechanics;
  • A different type of surfing; Lapras surfing, requiring no items, moves or Pokémon;
  • A sophisticated Trainer level balacing system that suits every possible play style;
  • Nostalgic gen 4 animations, maps and audio;
  • In-depth dialogue upon story progression, but only if desired!

Download Game

Download Resource Pack
https://mega.nz/file/NCBWwCAS#rfXsM1BkCG-rrUGm2-HlBOsbcN3AAgfbGQgseIlfEUQ

Changelog
v1.0.1:
  • Pokémon that faint will now truly faint, rather than remain in a zombie-like state;
  • You can no longer see the void past some gatehouses;
  • All trainer levels have been decreased by 2;
  • Tweaked staircase events in the large two-door building in Celentine City;
  • Fixed the exclamation bubble and dust clouds sometimes appearing in the wrong place;

v1.0.0:
  • Initial release.

Credits
"Pokémon Mobius" by
Marin
Maruno

Tile Assets by
Kymotonian
Speedialga
WesleyFG
WilsonScarloxy
Akizakura16
Chimchar
The Libertine

Overworld Sprites by
Kymotonian
Speedialga
Dewitty
Chocosrawloid
milomilotic11
Neo-Spriteman

Overworld Emote Sprites by
mepotes

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:

Aryesh

¯\_(ツ)_/– •Peter
Oh finally u have made and post game for rc jam and your mapping is nice

We've updated the game to version 1.0.1! Changelog:
  • Pokémon that faint will now truly faint, rather than remain in a zombie-like state;
  • You can no longer see the void past some gatehouses;
  • All trainer levels have been decreased by 2;
  • Tweaked staircase events in the large two-door building in Celentine City;
  • Fixed the exclamation bubble and dust clouds sometimes appearing in the wrong place.
Get it here: https://mega.nz/file/tTh11BqB#5vtcjsjxNkC0iMF62fHPUvqJaMCfVVg9gsSVK742YlU

Last edited:

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
Heya Marin-

So as you saw I played thru roughly an hour of the jam game and I just wanted to leave my first impressions/review as a way of trying out to be a judge for the next jam to have it written down somewhere!

The mapping was great, the scenario was also great. I absolutely loved how we were starting a game mid-adventure, having to sort of piece together what we had just done within this region. Having a little intro town to do "regular pokemon" things before the twist occurred was pretty fun, and despite the challenge the gym gave me It was a nice way to ease players into the game.

Wild pokemon levels adapting to your level since you spend the entire jam game in one area is a nice idea, but in the version I played, as you know, being set too high gave me a bit of trouble which distracted from the story a bit. Same about Zombie Pokemon, which was also of course unintended.

I'm excited enough by the story to keep going, and I can't wait to see what the explanation for the rift ends up being!

To guide you while exploring, in case you're not willing to explore everything or you've simply missed everything, I've written down 9 locations of importance that you should visit during your adventure.
Cut can be obtained by buying Lemonade in the Celentine City's Poké Mart and giving it to the Cut Master in Tarrin Town.

One shard can be found in the north-west of Lake Aguaro behind a Cut tree.

One shard can be found in the wild by battling against a roaming Palkia.

One shard can be found in Route 10 behind a Cut tree.

One shard can be obtained by trading a male Kirlia to the Juggler NPC in Arubar Town.

One crack can be found down Route 22 out in the open.

One crack can be found in the big two-door building in the center of Celentine City, once you've obtained the Key Card from another NPC in Celentine City.

One crack can be found in the Grannat Depths.

One crack can be found at the summit of Mt. Grannat.

Another word of advice: don't train just one Pokémon. That's a bad way to play any game, and will ruin balancing in this particular game.

Ozander

Ozander
This tileset is beautiful. Where did you get it from, did you create it yourself?

Back