• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Climate

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Pokemon Climate

de32lom-566a782a-e42d-4dc1-91af-a25235959193.png

Plot:
You are working for the infamous weather institute in Hoenn and got send to a special research. A island with all kinds of weather is your destination and might give the needed information to know more about weather and how to control it. This is why you battle wild Pokemon and trainers to find out, how their fighting style adapted. You might also meet an evil group who doesn't like weather and wants to use a special Pokemon to get rid of it.

Features:
-Fishing Rod combining all rods
-Following Pokemon
-Some gen 6-8 Pokemon
-Castform got buffed (so it is actually helpful)
-Shiny rate is 1/250
-Pokemon always have a weather-ability (adapted)
-Gyms based on weather and not on types
-"Sand encounters" on route 4

Screenshots:
de32rih-518d6a74-98fa-422b-8fb4-b6f4ba8a5610.png

de32rko-1b42f1d3-228b-402e-811f-09304ee26527.png

de32rm8-4fb7dad2-a17d-46c1-bda8-0012869836ba.png

de32rns-86450e89-8ba5-4168-bf2c-5c7fa9102cb8.png

de32rpo-cd7c8be0-bc0e-4aaa-a716-99844f4e6b22.png

Download:

Made using:
RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials

Team:
@Haunted Ditto - Director
@Ampharos 2.0 -Eventer
@xUMG -Eventer; Mapper
@mustafa505 - Sprites

Resource Pack:

Credits:
Overworlds always within grass: https://pokemonfangames.com/resource/overworlds-always-within-grass/
Exit arrows: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/252/
Weather sound effects: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/59/
Pokemon cries: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=426985
Puddle step animation: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=421401
RGSS FmodEx extension: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=349496
Following Pokemon Script: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
Sprite bases: Carchagui, thedeadheroalistair, zeo and aveontrainer

Known Bugs:
Nothing

Last edited:

Haunted Ditto

Creator of Pokemon Pandora and Pokemon Climate
No clue why it got approved already. I will finish the thread when I'm back from work.
(Also the game is using the wrong tilescreen smh)

THE THREAD IS FINISHED NOW!

Last edited:

Haunted Ditto

Version 1.6 is out! This version fixes the items in the volcano (which were already fixed, but were wrong again for some reason), some balancing issues and makes the download 6MBs smaller.

Last edited:

Haunted Ditto

Some smaller fixes again.
I also edited the "plot" part of the thread a little bit. So you can assume what will happen in the next content-updates.

NurseEthi

Novice
This game had some amazing aspects I was not expecting in so many good ways I absolutely loved!

Having Castform as your starter was a fun choice because I'm a sucker for a cool Pokèmon like Castform that doesn't get enough love. The battles were tedious at times and the trainers were a little more difficult than I expected them to be (I got swept by a Paras....) but that was so much of the appeal to it! You had to adapt to the changes that were thrown at you almost on the fly like you have to when it comes to the weather.

The gyms felt very planned out and well explained as to why they were how they were and it kept me guessing to see how many ways you could really take certain weathers to your advantage. More ways than I knew of from my previous experience!

On Route 4 I only battled one trainer I think and she immediately turned to me and started dialogue before battle. I had no idea what was going on at first.
Surf had a couple of bugs where I could continue moving after getting off surf and I ended up stuck in trees or rocks. The fun part being I was able to just start surfing on land and keep running into wild Pokèmon like Goldeen. I enjoyed this and I'm calling it a feature, not a bug.

I do wish this had a more concrete ending. I was upset with how short it was because the world felt well made and I do hope to see this get a future update!

And one last bug that was both funny and annoying
The credit roll forever on loop. You watch the credits, get 1 frame of you trying to leave the sun gym, and the credits start up again. I got like 3 steps away from the door with speed up on and I gave up.

Thank you for an awesome entry this year!

Haunted Ditto

This game had some amazing aspects I was not expecting in so many good ways I absolutely loved!

Having Castform as your starter was a fun choice because I'm a sucker for a cool Pokèmon like Castform that doesn't get enough love. The battles were tedious at times and the trainers were a little more difficult than I expected them to be (I got swept by a Paras....) but that was so much of the appeal to it! You had to adapt to the changes that were thrown at you almost on the fly like you have to when it comes to the weather.

The gyms felt very planned out and well explained as to why they were how they were and it kept me guessing to see how many ways you could really take certain weathers to your advantage. More ways than I knew of from my previous experience!

On Route 4 I only battled one trainer I think and she immediately turned to me and started dialogue before battle. I had no idea what was going on at first.
Surf had a couple of bugs where I could continue moving after getting off surf and I ended up stuck in trees or rocks. The fun part being I was able to just start surfing on land and keep running into wild Pokèmon like Goldeen. I enjoyed this and I'm calling it a feature, not a bug.

I do wish this had a more concrete ending. I was upset with how short it was because the world felt well made and I do hope to see this get a future update!

And one last bug that was both funny and annoying
The credit roll forever on loop. You watch the credits, get 1 frame of you trying to leave the sun gym, and the credits start up again. I got like 3 steps away from the door with speed up on and I gave up.

Thank you for an awesome entry this year!
Thanks for the feedback!
The game is so short, because there were... problems.
The credit loop has a reason tho:
I'm not completly happy with the current state of the game and I wanna remake the first two sections it. The remake will get the promised content-updates then. So there is no reason to continue on this version.

First off, let me start by saying I think a game focused entirely around the weather mechanic is brilliant. I've never seen anything quite like it before, and I think you executed it brilliantly. Maps have a clear and dedicated climate and are built around it, and battles, trainers and wild Pokémon are all built around the climate of the area. It was very intriguing, and I loved playing through the game.

One of the few mechanics I wasn't a fan of was the "no indoor running". I can get behind why it'd not be allowed; you generally don't run indoors, but you also don't tend to run outdoors unless you're in a major hurry or out jogging. So disabling running didn't make much sense to me, and was just a slight annoyance.

The attention to audio and sound effects were pleasant. Audio makes or breaks a game, so I'm glad you paid attention to it. My only point of feedback here is that the audio styles clashed here and there, with different generational music sometimes.

I've noticed a few small minor bugs or hindrances that I'd just like to point out:
- The town map is misaligned or otherwise not complete
- Politoed-stealing event:
- Will occur on the area south of Torrent Town upon entering it if you black out while battling Team Sky
- After the end of the cutscene, the camera isn't focused on the player properly
- The item ball for HM Surf doesn't disappear after being picked up, allowing you to pick it up multiple times.
- Helioptile's backsprite is too small
- The Torrent Gym has a LOT of gym trainers, and the trainers and gym leader were far too powerful for my tastes - I blacked out multiple times, despite having battled every trainer. Even that wasn't enough to defeat the leader.
- Blacking out to Torrent Gym Trainers/Leader doesn't reset the flash circle upon respawning in the Pokémon Center

Haunted Ditto

First off, let me start by saying I think a game focused entirely around the weather mechanic is brilliant. I've never seen anything quite like it before, and I think you executed it brilliantly. Maps have a clear and dedicated climate and are built around it, and battles, trainers and wild Pokémon are all built around the climate of the area. It was very intriguing, and I loved playing through the game.

One of the few mechanics I wasn't a fan of was the "no indoor running". I can get behind why it'd not be allowed; you generally don't run indoors, but you also don't tend to run outdoors unless you're in a major hurry or out jogging. So disabling running didn't make much sense to me, and was just a slight annoyance.

The attention to audio and sound effects were pleasant. Audio makes or breaks a game, so I'm glad you paid attention to it. My only point of feedback here is that the audio styles clashed here and there, with different generational music sometimes.

I've noticed a few small minor bugs or hindrances that I'd just like to point out:
- The town map is misaligned or otherwise not complete
- Politoed-stealing event:
- Will occur on the area south of Torrent Town upon entering it if you black out while battling Team Sky
- After the end of the cutscene, the camera isn't focused on the player properly
- The item ball for HM Surf doesn't disappear after being picked up, allowing you to pick it up multiple times.
- Helioptile's backsprite is too small
- The Torrent Gym has a LOT of gym trainers, and the trainers and gym leader were far too powerful for my tastes - I blacked out multiple times, despite having battled every trainer. Even that wasn't enough to defeat the leader.
- Blacking out to Torrent Gym Trainers/Leader doesn't reset the flash circle upon respawning in the Pokémon Center
I'm pretty sure I fixed some of the bugs already (for example the HM Surf problem)
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Back