• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Spinel

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
YXoF8RZ.png
84bESg8.png

Announcements
I work on the game and might do other things idk
I'm also looking for artists please message me if you're interested

5/27/17: It looks like the release date for the game is actually getting pretty close, right now I'm looking at a release within the next two or three weeks, I feel like the game is currently in a state where I can't really add anything
7/14/17: Hi everyone I just wanna say that I'm hard at work on the next update for Spinel! I'm streaming work on the mapping and trainers over at twitch.tv/bryanLroberts13 that's all for this update! (When 2.0 is closer to finishing I'll start posting some screenshots of maps.)
7/30/17: Hello, just updating everyone on the state of the game, it is still in development, I had some computer troubles at the start of July but thankfully I back everything up pretty consistently and I didn't lose any progress. Version 1.1 will be the last update before 2.0, as there isn't any game breaking bugs that prevent people from playing and enjoying it. (The only bugs I've seen have wonkyness with the pokemon following script, but that's on my end for not putting it in correctly). Besides a few bugs on the surface there was some stuff under the hood of the game that I managed to fix, there are also a lot of upgrades to menus to fix a TON of issues that where present. 2.0 is looking really good so far! I'm excited to have the story start unfolding and watching reactions to different plot points. I hope the wait is worth it for you guys! (Also my twitter is here: https://twitter.com/Bryan_Meh please if you have any questions or just want to talk about stuff please contact me!)
2/15/18: Pokemon Spinel Demo 2 will release on March 16th view the trailer here:

84bESg8.png
Introduction
Hello! I'm Bryan and, at least for now, I'm the only person working on Pokémon Spinel.
My experience in game development started with fan games, my very first project was Pokémon Aria a few years ago, since than I have started on other non Pokémon related projects, but recently I've come back due to wanting to use all the new resources available, and the Relic Reboot finally pushed me over the edge in terms of wanting to start a new project.
If you want to contact me my twitter is here: https://twitter.com/Bryan_Meh
you can use that to ask me questions about the game (I'm also looking for artists and stuff so if you do that you can talk to me on twitter)
84bESg8.png
Plot Summary
The game starts the day you turn old enough for your first Pokémon, but unfortunately you oversleep and are late to your meeting with the professor. So you leave home and struggle to catch up with the Professor and your rival, Nicholas, but when you finally catch up Nicholas is already gone to the next route, so the Professor gives you your Starter Pokémon and sends you onto route 15 to calm Nicholas down. As you continue to explore Allaros you slowly uncover the myths surrounding Xerneas and Yveltal, and find out why one man would want to destroy the Pokémon League....
84bESg8.png
Features
  • 8 new gyms in the Allaros Region
  • Every Pokémon from Generation 1-6
  • Black and White styled menus
  • Challenging Gym Leaders
  • Pokémon Following the Trainer
  • Pokémon Sun and Moon Style screen dimming when approaching a trainer
  • Custom Mega Evolutions Some are going to be in the game with demo 2, but most will be in demo 3.

84bESg8.png
Screenshots

MrDK0Ql.png

mfEAduJ.png

1Ou9gIu.png

QHWSkUI.png

TcutoKr.png

QeubTZw.gif

AHVVHNR.gif

rFGCWI9.gif

Version 2.0 Screenshots!!

Throughout 2.0 Mega Evolution's role in the story starts to come into the spotlight, like the former champion Alec's Alteria

Discover the secrets behind Allaros's Past in a mysterious tower on route 9

Route 9

Route 7

On your way to the island that is home to the 4th gym you will participate in the annual Arini Battle Tournament!

I'm still working on Spinel, demo 2 is going to be released eventually

84bESg8.png
Credits
If I missed anyone I'm sorry! Please pm/contact me and I'll add you to the credits list.

Pokemon Spinel Credits List:
Graphics;
Base Tileset is from BW Essentials with additions from Ultimospriter and Shiney570
Indoor Tileset from BW Essentials
Pokemon Overworlds for RPGXP - Clara, Princess Phoenix and LunarDusk6
BW Style Overworlds - Radical Raptor and Kleinstudio
BW Style Townmap Graphics Kit - The-Godlings-Rapture
Battle UI - Aki
In battle Sprites from Pokemon Showdown
Pokemon Logo from Luka S.J. Originally from Game Freak/Nintendo
Pokemon Gen 6 Overworlds - Sparta
Other Graphics contributed from various artists in the Artists Corner

Scripts;
Luka S.J. - Elite Battle System, Fancy Badges, Mouse System, Elite Battle System
Shiney 570 - BW2 Mod for essentials
(Badge Case/Trainer Card, Menu, Mart Interface, Load Screen, Summary Screen, Options Screen, Party Screen, Pokemon Storage Screen)
Shiney 570 - Sun and Moon Trainer Detection Script
Shiney 570 - Starter Selection
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71 - Following Pokemon
Mej71 - Gen 6 project

Music:
Nintendo and Gamefreak, Pokemon Black and White 2 Super music collection.
Pokemon Essentials;
Maruno Poccil and Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials

Pokemon Made By Gamefreak and Nintendo

84bESg8.png
Download

DOWNLOAD DEMO 1.1

*This is the official download any other website with the game stole it and reuploaded it do not support them*

Side note; The demo does have some minor errors in spelling, and some tiles don't have proper collision, but it shouldn't much if any impact on the actual gameplay

Last edited:

Djaco75

MasterMind
So far, the game looks quite good. The screenshots look very polished, but I think there are a few things that could be improved on:
  • The house map shown does look a bit empty. Consider adding more tiles to it to fill up some space.
  • The Flygon shown is Lvl. 5. I don't know if this is just a debug test, but if it is a real battle, maybe make it a Trapinch or something - Flygon don't evolve at that level.
  • Mixing evil teams with legendaries aren't always good ideas. Maybe you could create either your own legendary or evil team to make it a bit more consistent - or explain this further.
  • The plot doesn't seem that interesting. Maybe add a few more things to spice it up.
So far, it looks good. Those are just some starting points I picked up on, so I hope you can use them. Good luck!

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
One suggestion, you might want to consider having your own villain team rather than relying on existing ones, it would give you more control to develop story arcs and plot elements how you want without being restricted to the existing team

I have to say, the maps looks pretty good from what I can tell, and the eventing is refreshing! It looks great, good work!

Zanza

Rookie
One suggestion, you might want to consider having your own villain team rather than relying on existing ones, it would give you more control to develop story arcs and plot elements how you want without being restricted to the existing team

I have to say, the maps looks pretty good from what I can tell, and the eventing is refreshing! It looks great, good work!

First thing I want to say thanks for all the positive feedback so far! As for the points that both you and Djaco brought up involving the plot, I actually don't have much set in stone at the moment due to me having no idea what direction I want to take the story in.

and what Djaco said
The Flygon shown is Lvl. 5. I don't know if this is just a debug test, but if it is a real battle, maybe make it a Trapinch or something - Flygon don't evolve at that level.
That Flygon was just the random Pokémon I picked off the list to have a battle with. I mainly wanted to use that screenshot to show off the battle scene.

doof

banished doof
Just Asking, Why Didnt You Just Make This A Black 2 Rom Hack

That would make development about 100 times as hard. Considering that there's not much research and development in Gen IV+ ROM hacking, one would probably have to spend years researching it and making tools to hack it. Then there would be other issues, such as mapping. Gen IV and Gen V's maps are made in 3D, as opposed to the tiles of Gen III. It would be hard to edit/create a new map. Overall, it would probably be more work than it's worth.

RMXP + Essentials is just far easier to use, and you can do more with it.

Basuken

Rookie
If you choose Froakie it has a chance of getting the ability Protean which is his hidden ability and if you get Froakie (like a Starter and not in events)(or any other Water type Starter) in the original games it can have only the ability Torrent.

Zanza

Rookie
If you choose Froakie it has a chance of getting the ability Protean which is his hidden ability and if you get Froakie (like a Starter and not in events)(or any other Water type Starter) in the original games it can have only the ability Torrent.
That is actually intended, I wanted the starters abilities to feel impactful, so whenever you pick a starter there is a chance you get one that has it's hidden ability. It just feels really good when you use live a hit with protean or steal an item with magician

Back