• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Marin's Enhanced Staircases

Resource Marin's Enhanced Staircases v1.0

Zelo

Rookie
Version for v19.1, basically just v17 with Screedledude's fix for jumping and Damparo's fix for the event triggers. (Although I made it refer to @direction instead of constants, just in case)
I don't think this is mentioned anywhere in the actual resourse, so I suggest you should update it. I was very confused to see someone link it with the caption "compatible for v19" and yet have it not actually work.

Either that, or I'm blind. Either way, thanks for the fix!

I don't think this is mentioned anywhere in the actual resourse, so I suggest you should update it. I was very confused to see someone link it with the caption "compatible for v19" and yet have it not actually work.

Either that, or I'm blind. Either way, thanks for the fix!
This is not my resource, it’s Marin’s. I have no way of editing someone else’s resource.

Astefia

Cooltrainer
This previously was for 19.1, is the download for that version still up? Many people still use it, because updating is hard.

does it work with v19 ?

This previously was for 19.1, is the download for that version still up? Many people still use it, because updating is hard.
Marin never made a 19.1 script. Other people made edits to it and posted it in this thread, and if you just look on the previous page, you can see it's still there.
Version for v19.1, basically just v17 with Screedledude's fix for jumping and Damparo's fix for the event triggers. (Although I made it refer to @direction instead of constants, just in case)

HDrawer

Rookie
Hey Marin, v20 version has a bug, all the followers go very slowly and separate from the trainer, both pokemon and trainers

Bug.png

Edit: I only put the script, staircases are not needed for the bug to appear

Last edited:

Moliblazer

Rookie
I`m getting this bug in v20.1:
Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[Marin's Enhanced Staircases] script.rb:297:in `+'
[Marin's Enhanced Staircases] script.rb:297:in `slope'
[Marin's Enhanced Staircases] script.rb:114:in `start'
046:Game_Event:174:in `check_event_trigger_auto'
[Marin's Enhanced Staircases] script.rb:108:in `check_event_trigger_auto'
046:Game_Event:272:in `update'
042:Game_Map:431:in `block in update'
042:Game_Map:430:in `each_value'
042:Game_Map:430:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:131:in `block in updateMaps'
Any ideas what`s causing it?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out.
Turns out I was forgetting to place a space in the comments separating ':' and the values

Last edited:

Mikaze

Rookie

Marin submitted a new resource:

Enhanced Staircases - Provides slowed-down pixel movement while walking on staircases for a smooth experience.

Read more about this resource...
Hi, just reaching out I'm having trouble creating maps/tilesets and sprites I don't know how to start making my custom maps/tilesets I don't have photoshop and I have a lot of ideas I need some guidance on how to do this I would appreciate it if I can plz have help on this.

Hi, just reaching out I'm having trouble creating maps/tilesets and sprites I don't know how to start making my custom maps/tilesets I don't have photoshop and I have a lot of ideas I need some guidance on how to do this I would appreciate it if I can plz have help on this.
This is a thread about a specific resource, it's really not the place to ask for advice on an unrelated topic like that. Try looking at the Tutorials/Resource section.

Back