• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Experimental Gameplay [Pokecommunity 2019 Game Jam]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Status
Completed

dd57j8j-7fa5e34d-af98-44ff-8fc2-cda5fe7ba495.png

Basic info:

This game was created for the Pokecommunity Game Jam of April 2019, The theme was "circular" but I didn't really follow the theme.

This is a game about Pokémon.
But, not in the Pokemon Universe.

This takes place in a Alternate Universe to the one we live in. An alternate universe where Pokémon did not succeed at it's Red/Green release, and thus was forgotten through the sands of time.

Story:
There was once a game company with great potential.
But, unfortunately, they did not use the potential well, and the universe forgot them.

Many people had to leave the company, including one Iroh.
Who left 10 years ago, and after a year of no contact from his ex work peers, recieves a letter asking for his help.
Help, in testing a new game.

But, what Iroh finds is more than just a game.

This... is the story of Pokémon.

Features:
  • Collect 3 pieces of a circle key.
  • Use the Holo-Circle to use the strange Pocket Monsters
  • Witness many deformed Pokémon!

Screenshots:
dd57j54-0d2656c2-6575-4971-9132-0ede4a5705fb.png
dd57j4t-a5ca6989-91dd-41d6-842f-736ab1a17baf.png
dd57j4n-42864449-a7c1-4d52-af6e-cad0eade7784.png

dd57j4g-d67f322d-0744-4fd1-9135-a64b4d90bfd2.png
dd57j44-3928eb12-a2c2-4908-b4a3-25b6c4e5faae.png
dd57j3u-b105806b-b820-470d-b89f-f4d6bac21896.png

Warning:
This game features strange/odd looking Pokémon, and disorted cries.
The aim was to make the Pokemon creepy/deformed for the nature of the game.

There's also roughly an hour play time.

Download Link:

Experimental Gameplay 1.3.1
Download

Version 1.3.1 Changelog:
- Removed Credit Sequence from box in Jacob's Office.
  • Fixed various grammatical errors
  • Fixed Ending Scene
  • Updated credits

Also, have made a discord for my progress with this and my other projects:
Discord Link
Credits:
Pokémon Essentials Team
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru, etc. (listed in credits scene).
GameFreak/Nintendo for Pokémon.
Rare/Microsoft, SquareEnix, TobyFox, Camelot, Gamefreak for various music.

Last edited:

_pheebs

Demoness on the prowl!
I played this game all the way back when PC's Jam happened, and this was my favourite entry of the bunch. I loved the creepy, subdued atmosphere you created. The colour tone and music choice went a long way to contributing to that sense of sort of fear and mystery as you explored the office.

Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Can someone tell me if the download link works?

Last edited:

KingOfSewers

Rookie
Made an account just to say that this was a really nice change of pace from many other fangames out there, and how it's setting is used very well! Without any possible spoilers, the theming never felt dull, the Pokemon picks never felt out of place, and the custom sprites were fantastic! The final boss was also fantastic, but I'll keep that on the DL. Good game, enjoyed it quite a bit, and never outstayed it's welcome. 9/10 not enough Aron. I love it!

_pheebs

Demoness on the prowl!
Made an account just to say that this was a really nice change of pace from many other fangames out there, and how it's setting is used very well! Without any possible spoilers, the theming never felt dull, the Pokemon picks never felt out of place, and the custom sprites were fantastic! The final boss was also fantastic, but I'll keep that on the DL. Good game, enjoyed it quite a bit, and never outstayed it's welcome. 9/10 not enough Aron. I love it!
Thanks very much, glad my jam convinced you to join Relic Castle just to post too!

HotDav

Rookie
I was playing this game and then I realized, at some parts the game knows my first and last name and uses it in all lowercase, concatenated together. How does it know my name.... I'm scared....

_pheebs

Demoness on the prowl!
I was playing this game and then I realized, at some parts the game knows my first and last name and uses it in all lowercase, concatenated together. How does it know my name.... I'm scared....
There is a simple script in the game that reads your PC's username and that is all.
If you're using a Windows 10 and it is connected to your Windows Account it may grab the whole name.

That's all it does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back