• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Astra Adventures

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Pokemon Astra Adventures

Introduction:
Pokemon Astra Adventures is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I wanted to create a game which was set after the events of RBY & GSC which would tell a different story in the Kanto region.
While I know that this idea has been attempted before I hope that the new story is enough for people to want to try the game out.
As I have already created a fan games, I decided to use the sprites/characters just to save time. This may change a little later in development.

Plot:
As a youngster of Pallet Town you are now called upon by professor Oak to help him with his new Pokedex project.
As the years have gone by Kanto has updated and the Pokemon from the region have found new powerful evolutions and new discoveries have found previously unknown baby forms. Oak wants to collect data on all the evolutionary lines from the Kanto region and has tasked you and two other trainers from Pallet to venture across the region and find them all.
While on your journey battle against the Gyms of Kanto and prove yourself as a worthy Pokemon Trainer and follow in the footsteps of the legendary trainers of Pallet town.

Kanto has been at peace for several years but a new evil has surfaced which threatens the region.
Will you stand by and let the people and Pokemon of Kanto suffer?

Game Download:
Click here to Download

Features:
- Characters from the Main Pokemon Games
- Mega Evolution
- Custom Mega Pokemon
- Edited 3rd Generation graphics
- New Custom Moves
- Removed EVs from wild Pokemon like in the "Let's Go" series.
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite
- A New Gym Leader and updated Gym Teams.
- New Gym Order
- New Evil Team
- New additions to the Kanto Pokedex
e.g. Sylveon, Electivire, tangrowth, etc...
- New evolution methods
- Updated Pokemon Stats, Typing and Movepools
- Updated overworld maps of the Kanto Region
- New static Pokemon encounter structure
- Visit other regions?

Progress:
The game is now complete.
As this is an early version of the game I do intend to fix an issues which are found.

While playing through the game you may realise the game is planned to span to Johto and maybe futher depending on how much time I can put into development.
I hope to one day have a game which allows the player to travel to many regions but we shall see what the future holds.

I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Screenshots:

3_zpsbjiifrng.png
2_zpszxlikac2.png
4_zpskcyikhrh.png
1_zpsqgqwhwvn.png
viridian%20gym_zps3htuossf.png
nugget%20bridge%20rival_zpsr5kzv3oi.png

Screenshots may now look different due to development.​

Credits:
Credits:
Custom Trainer sprites, Custom Sprites, Alolan forms, Custom Megas, BURST form recolours:
Charizardthree

Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
Wyverii, Princessofmusic, GeoisEvil, Noscium, Layell, Branflakes325, leparagon
piphybuilder88, TheCynicalPoet, Farriella, Sleet, Princess-pheonix, WPS, Brylark,
Legitimate Username,

Smogon SM Sprite PRoject:
JaegerLucciano23, Leparagon, AXI, Fishbowlsoul

Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
The idea seems a bit too fan-fiction, but it's not that bad, you're keeping it simple and with a definite purpose so it can work really well, and is pretty manageable. The tiles really throw me though - not the design, they look stunning, and fit the gen perfectly, but they feel a bit too saturated, I would adjust it (at least the green) Also, the eyes of the players are weird - the top should be black, and the bottom is usually brown.

The character design looks awesome, ie, andy, its a great looking sprite and fits the style perfectly, great job! I also really like your battle hug, its really cute and unique! I also really like how the game takes place in kanto (and johto?) but the maps are done differently, it really breathes new life into it and sets it apart from FR/LG! great work.

I really dig the work you've put into this! I hope to see more of it!

Djaco75

MasterMind
Hmm. I think that this looks really good so far, but there are a few things that could make this game pretty bad if they weren't brought to light.

• Firstly, there are two different styles of tileset. The outdoor one looks modern and improved, while the indoor one is still the default Essentials. This makes the game really inconsistent, so I would stick with one style, rather than going with two.
  • Make sure you have a good story as to why the rivals from other generations have come to help. It's pretty bad if you just said 'Oh! Hey, Red! I'm Silver and I want to help you save the world.' Maybe you could elaborate on this, giving backstory, motives and more information.

Those are the only two things I can see from the screenshots so far. I hope your game goes well and you use this feedback to guide your work in a positive direction. Good Luck.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
The idea seems a bit too fan-fiction, but it's not that bad, you're keeping it simple and with a definite purpose so it can work really well, and is pretty manageable. The tiles really throw me though - not the design, they look stunning, and fit the gen perfectly, but they feel a bit too saturated, I would adjust it (at least the green) Also, the eyes of the players are weird - the top should be black, and the bottom is usually brown.

The character design looks awesome, ie, andy, its a great looking sprite and fits the style perfectly, great job! I also really like your battle hug, its really cute and unique! I also really like how the game takes place in kanto (and johto?) but the maps are done differently, it really breathes new life into it and sets it apart from FR/LG! great work.

I really dig the work you've put into this! I hope to see more of it!

Thanks for the feed back, I'm still working on the sprites so i'll take the overworld trainers into consideration. I was just trying to change things up a little for the ones I've revamped.
The colour of the tileset is a little up in the air, I've had a lot of people praise it on how colourful it looks but yet again one or two comments on the saturation levels so i'll have to play with that.------------------------
Hmm. I think that this looks really good so far, but there are a few things that could make this game pretty bad if they weren't brought to light.

• Firstly, there are two different styles of tileset. The outdoor one looks modern and improved, while the indoor one is still the default Essentials. This makes the game really inconsistent, so I would stick with one style, rather than going with two.
  • Make sure you have a good story as to why the rivals from other generations have come to help. It's pretty bad if you just said 'Oh! Hey, Red! I'm Silver and I want to help you save the world.' Maybe you could elaborate on this, giving backstory, motives and more information.

Those are the only two things I can see from the screenshots so far. I hope your game goes well and you use this feedback to guide your work in a positive direction. Good Luck.

The indoors tileset hasn't been edited yet due to me just not needing to add anything. At some point it will be revamped to match the outdoor map.
the characters from other gens wont be rivals, literally just because they could fit into the story. If you ever get any free time to try the game you'll see what I mean.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Version 5 Of Pokemon Retold is ready for testing,

- 6 Gyms
- Custom Mega Evolution
- Alolan Forms
- New Story
- Few Pokemon Edits (Type, Movepools, etc...)
- Trade Evolution Pokemon now have new methods to evolve

Please note not all NPC's are in the game yet but this is for testing purposes so it wont matter too much.

Download Here

Let me know how I can improve and if there is anything that needs fixing,

Thanks

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Version 5 Of Pokemon Retold is ready for testing,

- 6 Gyms
- Custom Mega Evolution
- Alolan Forms
- New Story
- Few Pokemon Edits (Type, Movepools, etc...)
- Trade Evolution Pokemon now have new methods to evolve

Please note not all NPC's are in the game yet but this is for testing purposes so it wont matter too much.

Download Here

Let me know how I can improve and if there is anything that needs fixing,

Thanks

Few Bug Fixes + Small Story progression has been added.
Player can now get to Cinnabar Island.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Pokemon Retold has now been updated to have all 8 badges and a challengeable elite four.
Game is set for more updates and is still missing various things like NPC's and rival battles.
Retold needs balance testing, If levels need editing please let me know.

Reactions: Nic

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
The Kanto region now has 8 Gyms and an Elite four to challenge.
currently adding in NPCs, TMs and Rival battles.
Only 1 last part of the story is left to implement which should come very soon.
The game has been fully revamped in terms of levels which need testing so all the feedback is appreciated.
All Pokemon now have an upgraded movepool with brand new moves added in too!

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
I found a bug I believe, I was just testing it out and turned off Exp. All and when I did it turned into the TM for Fire Punch.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Pokemon Astra Adventures is now complete

please do take the time to play and let me know what you think and make sure to report any bugs so I may fix them
Thank you all for the support :)

Game Download:
Click here to Download

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
The game has a new update, please download the new version and delete the old file.
Save data will carry over.
Fixes:
- Overworld Sprites appearing where they should.
- Diglett's cave sign fixed.
- Bill's house events now work as they should.

V1.2 Fix - Bill's House fix which fixes the problems caused by the original fix

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
New Version 1.4 contains
- New items, trades, encounters have now been added.
- "Fly" should now work as intended.

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I have been playing the game so far, up to Mt. Moon (Just finished Digletts Cave) and just came to applaud you. So far the game is great.

I must say I like some of the changes in the geography, extras like the Slowpoke scene in Veridian City (I almost thought it's going to be a Let's Go scene) and the museum bit was awesome too. Great job so far!!

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I have been playing the game so far, up to Mt. Moon (Just finished Digletts Cave) and just came to applaud you. So far the game is great.

I must say I like some of the changes in the geography, extras like the Slowpoke scene in Veridian City (I almost thought it's going to be a Let's Go scene) and the museum bit was awesome too. Great job so far!!

Thank you very much :)

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Version 1.5 is now avaliable for download

Bug fix:
- Diglett's cave Bridge
- included missing dusk stones from Dept. Store
- Glitched Rival Battles

Reactions: Nic
Back