• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Astra Adventures

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Pokemon Astra Adventures

Introduction:
Pokemon Astra Adventures is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I wanted to create a game which was set after the events of RBY & GSC which would tell a different story in the Kanto region.
While I know that this idea has been attempted before I hope that the new story is enough for people to want to try the game out.
As I have already created a fan games, I decided to use the sprites/characters just to save time. This may change a little later in development.

Plot:
As a youngster of Pallet Town you are now called upon by professor Oak to help him with his new Pokedex project.
As the years have gone by Kanto has updated and the Pokemon from the region have found new powerful evolutions and new discoveries have found previously unknown baby forms. Oak wants to collect data on all the evolutionary lines from the Kanto region and has tasked you and two other trainers from Pallet to venture across the region and find them all.
While on your journey battle against the Gyms of Kanto and prove yourself as a worthy Pokemon Trainer and follow in the footsteps of the legendary trainers of Pallet town.

Kanto has been at peace for several years but a new evil has surfaced which threatens the region.
Will you stand by and let the people and Pokemon of Kanto suffer?

Game Download:
Click here to Download

Features:
- Characters from the Main Pokemon Games
- Mega Evolution
- Custom Mega Pokemon
- Edited 3rd Generation graphics
- New Custom Moves
- Removed EVs from wild Pokemon like in the "Let's Go" series.
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite
- A New Gym Leader and updated Gym Teams.
- New Gym Order
- New Evil Team
- New additions to the Kanto Pokedex
e.g. Sylveon, Electivire, tangrowth, etc...
- New evolution methods
- Updated Pokemon Stats, Typing and Movepools
- Updated overworld maps of the Kanto Region
- New static Pokemon encounter structure
- Visit other regions?

Progress:
The game is now complete.
As this is an early version of the game I do intend to fix an issues which are found.

While playing through the game you may realise the game is planned to span to Johto and maybe futher depending on how much time I can put into development.
I hope to one day have a game which allows the player to travel to many regions but we shall see what the future holds.

I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Screenshots:

3_zpsbjiifrng.png
2_zpszxlikac2.png
4_zpskcyikhrh.png
1_zpsqgqwhwvn.png
viridian%20gym_zps3htuossf.png
nugget%20bridge%20rival_zpsr5kzv3oi.png

Screenshots may now look different due to development.​

Credits:
Credits:
Custom Trainer sprites, Custom Sprites, Alolan forms, Custom Megas, BURST form recolours:
Charizardthree

Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
Wyverii, Princessofmusic, GeoisEvil, Noscium, Layell, Branflakes325, leparagon
piphybuilder88, TheCynicalPoet, Farriella, Sleet, Princess-pheonix, WPS, Brylark,
Legitimate Username,

Smogon SM Sprite PRoject:
JaegerLucciano23, Leparagon, AXI, Fishbowlsoul

Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
There appears to be a glitch with the battle with the optional battle with rival Andy before the elite four.
It doesn't always occur so I've left it in but if you do try to battle him please save before hand.

Glitch will occur when the rival's starter Pokemon is send out as the last Pokemon, the glitch will cause a never ending battle.
I'm not sure how to fix it yet so I may remove it if needed.

Also fixed new glitch at the beginning of the game for V1.6

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Sorry it has taken so long. Due to workload and illness I was unable to get a fix up sooner.
Finally got V1.6.1 updated which offers a fix for the mega evolution glitch and also fixes 2nd rival battle freezing bug.

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I've now uploaded a showcase of Pokemon Astra Adventure for you guys to all check out.

I feel I must share here what I said on your latest video on YouTube in the hope that other designers will think about what I think of worldbuilding. If worldbuilding is done the right way a game feels alive.

" What I like most about your game is that you execute world building and storytelling elegantly. Most rom hackers and some RPG Maker designers just make a game without thinking what ecological changes might occur if the game is set after FR/LG in Kanto. You took into account that Diglett are tunnel builders so the geography will change. That sir is smart world building. I am deeply impressed."

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Download Link has been updated to fix minor bugs + included a few more mega stones as well as first Custom Mega!!!

Avaliable stones:
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise (Fixed)
Beedrill
Alakazam
Scizor

Custom Megas:
Butterfree

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Uploaded "Final" version of Pokemon Astra Adventures,
Game is now fully playable but there may appear to be things missing but by the end of the game you'll notice why.

06/06/2019 - Updated game
- bug fix in cerulean
- implemented more Mega Stones

26/06/2019 - Updates
- Bug fixes in Cerulean Cave
- Ending Glitch
- Kangaskhanite item not working fixed

Last edited:
Back